The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Hoverbug
Noob
Noob

Post by Hoverbug »

Hi folks! My name is Dave (aka Hoverbug) our home is Klamath Falls,Oregon on the right side of the Casades and home to Crater Lake. Yesterday I aquired an '86 Spree at a neighbors garage sale. Her parents had bought it new for use with their RV but after a few uses sold the RV and it has been in storage all this time.. It has 96 miles on it and is like new. The only thing missing is a key which I hope to have made tomorrow at a local locksmith. I found this wonderful forum on a net search and have already downloaded the service manual to use in servicing this cute little devil. Thanks for having such a nice forum available. Happy Trails!! for now.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Welcome to the forums. Sprees are great little bikes except there a little slow
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

slow, but oh so fun! :D I wouldn't mind having a nice titled spree or even elite around again..
projects galore :nerd:
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

91 miles - nice find, enjoy that new Spree!
Curly
Noob
Noob

key

Post by Curly »

Welcome Hoverbug,
I was wondering if you were able to get that key made? I am in the same situation and need a new key, but didn't know if a Locksmith would even have a Honda blank to start with. I guess we could always go to a dealer to get a blank.
Let me know,
-Curly
I have a Honda Squash, purchased originally in Japan. I also have a Motobecane Moped.
Hoverbug
Noob
Noob

Post by Hoverbug »

Curly the answer is yes. Just got back from the lock shop with a set of new keys. I have the key code(B-76) but I had also brought the key tumbler from the seat lock which is the same key as the ignition. If you remove the fender you can then pull off the spring tab holding the lock. It has the key number stamped on the side. Btw, the cost was $12. Happy Trails!!
Curly
Noob
Noob

Post by Curly »

Thanks Hoverbug,
I'll try my local guy, thanks for the info.
-Curly
I have a Honda Squash, purchased originally in Japan. I also have a Motobecane Moped.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

how much did you pay for it?
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
Curly
Noob
Noob

Post by Curly »

It was brought overseas by my wife's late step father. It has been sitting in his ex-wife's (my mother-in-law's) garage for about 15 years. So it didn't cost me a penny. Thank goodness he registered it with the DMV and it has a lifetime "moped" plate so it's grandfathered and I don't have to come up with a title, or inspection. I just have to do a transfer of ownership and send in $17.00 to the DMV.
-Curly