I got owned.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

one thing is for sure. This bike is dirty...

this picture dont show much. But if you look at the angle of the tire vs the bar you can see the bend.
( i can not stress enough how hard it was to get a picture of the bend)

but yeah. $133 for a new one. Still cheaper then a frame.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
berreta22
Elite
Elite

Post by berreta22 »

Torch with a rose bud tip on it and some tweaking? Nothing to lose to try it.
1987 Spree 4400 miles 32 mph stock with my 285lb ***
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

berreta22 wrote:Torch with a rose bud tip on it and some tweaking? Nothing to lose to try it.
Werd, I would have someone who knows how to do that try it. Would probably be cheaper for time being, but $133 for brand new one is not bad at all!
projects galore :nerd:
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

i cant begin to tell you how much i dont want to do this. But i had to.

I had to tear apart my 92. The clip fell out of the piston and trashed the cylinder. So it wasn't running anyway. But i had plains of fixing it later on.
Well, i tore the forks off and put it on the 96.
Something was still wrong. So i swapped the handle bars too and it works now. Still feels a little different then it use to before. But im just glad its ridable. Now i just got to put it all back together tomorrow.

Fun Fun...
1991--------Tomos Targa-
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Hey atleast this gets you one ridable bike and you can get the front forks/bars for the 92 later on.. keep at it man
projects galore :nerd:
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

dear god this guy knows how to f*** with my head...

Ok, so, after this hole thing is over. Im out all this money, my 92 is useless. I know him and his dad are not on top of money right now. They dont have the cash to pay me. So, im just taking my loose and leaving him alone about it.
I Could be at his house every day bugging him about the cash or whatever. But i dont. I just accept the fact that he dont have the money.

Well, i was talking to a dude into today and he said "Jimmy told me that you pulled out in front of him. He said there wasn't s*** he could have done". Need less to say, i was kinda *. So i went over to his house to ask him * he is going around saying that for.
Got to his house, when i asked him why he was going around saying that, he replied "because its true. You pulled out in front of me!"

Let me just stop he and point out what is all wrong with this....
#1- I was going in a straight line. There is no way i can pull out in front of him when im going in a straight line.
#2- The place this hole thing thing happened. There is no possible way i could pull out in front of him.
There is no way possible i could pull in front of him anywhere on that street!
#3- Its not just my word ageist him. Mark saw, Marks dad saw, Mr. Payne saw, And, there was a guy Robert who also seem him take the blind turn at WOT (He did not see the crash)

Yet he still is going around telling everyone i pulled out in front of him. And that im the "dumbass to blame"
I talked to one guy who is good friends with owner of the 4wheeler( jimmys dad) and found out that that jimmys dad said "Well, jim said that dylan pulled out in front of him. He pulled out in front of him and now he is blaming jimmy over nothing. The kids a dumb *"

So i guess, now im the dumbass for "pulling out in front of him".
Im just so * i cant even think straight.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
CharlotteSpreeRider
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by CharlotteSpreeRider »

Dac wrote:...i cant even think straight.
Or spell. :D

If you're really serious, get a lawyer and sue. It's the new American way.

-aseigler
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

CharlotteSpreeRider wrote:
Dac wrote:...i cant even think straight.
Or spell. :D

If you're really serious, get a lawyer and sue. It's the new American way.

-aseigler
QFT, you would win fo sho if ya had pics of the area. Does this kid have a license/permit? Its pretty common * sense that the guy turning stops and looks around.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

no, he dont have a permit or anything.

Last time i talked to his dad (before he starting saying s*** about me 'pulling out in front of him') his dad said something alone the line of " Hes out riding it when im not home?!?!?!"
He rides the thing every day and now i find out that his dad told him not to ride it when he is not there. (2pm-midnight).

i really could do with out all the legal crap. But next time i see his dad im just going to go ape s***.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
monkeywrench
Spree
Spree

Post by monkeywrench »

i have spare forks.will trade for stock 94-2001 sr or s exaust
here kitty kitty kitty
http://www.youtube.com/warmonkey80
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

hate to let you down but i have got new forks since then.

do you have anything else off that bike you might want to sell?
1991--------Tomos Targa-
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

oh and update on topic.

i talked to his dad for a while and he keep saying "you were just some kids out * around and you got into a small crash."
then things like...
"i dont know who did what wrong. I dont think jimmy took that blind turn like you say because i know he knows better then that"
thats when i pointed out who all seen it...
"listen dylan, i dont know who was in the wrong here but your just kids, Nether of you have any money. What do you want me to do? im not going to pay for something when i dont know what happen"

this hole time laughing like a stupid drunk. I talked to him for a while but he just keep repeating him self so i left. I guess he is not going to own up to s*** just like i thought.
I think im just going to end it here. I could keep going over there but there both stupider then the other. It really makes no since talking to them, im not going to get my money.
I guess i just have to take my looses and be done.

[also, i call them stupid in this topic a few times. Thats not me being a whiny baby. i mean they both (the one who hit me. and his dad) are acutely Dumb. I hate calling people names and what not. But they both are in fact very unintelligent people. ]
1991--------Tomos Targa-
monkeywrench
Spree
Spree

Post by monkeywrench »

i have 2 carbs and intakes,and 1sa50kick start cover and bunch of small s*** like extra gear set reeds three stock throttle cables what not.
here kitty kitty kitty
http://www.youtube.com/warmonkey80
adark248
Elite
Elite

Post by adark248 »

i think you're right, you're just going to have to let it go because if they aren't even willing to listen to reason or to other people who were witnesses then they obviously aren't going to own up to it or anything.

any decent person would at least realize that they messed up and do whatever they could (even if they couldn't do a whole lot because money is tight), but this guy just sounds like a *. plus, if you got into legal stuff or reported it to the police you're going to end up with a lot more trouble and paying a lot more money than if you fixed it and bought the new pieces.

this kind of stuff irritates me, but it might be best to just stop dealing with them and getting even more irritated

glad it turned out to be an easier fix than you thought originally though, that's always good
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

yea for sure
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express