I got owned.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

I got owned.

Post by Dac »

back tire of a drifting 450 honda 4wheeler + the front end of my moped =
and one * of a crash.

Don't look so bad? look at the angle of the handle bars...
I don't know if the frame is bent or if its the bars and forks.But its bad.

driving this thing 2miles back to my house was one of the hardest things i have ever done. it pulled to the right so hard i had to push ( and i don't mean push i mean PUSH) on the left handle to keep the bike going straight. I was all over the road but i did make it home.

Heres what happen, Mark, Jimmy (stupid friend with his dads 4wheeler) and me were all over at Jimmys house. Then we decided to head to marks place. ( Marks place is at the end of a very bumpy dirt road).
As you can guess the 4wheeler can go down the road allot faster then an elite and a metropolitan. Well, he went all the way to the end of the road and turned left into marks driveway. Right before marks driveway there is trees blocking the view of his yard.

Well right as mark and me get close to turning when Jimmy comes Flying out of marks drives way. Sees that me and him are about to hit ( at this point any normal person would have just turned and gone around me) But instead he locks up his back tires and slides into me.
After being hit i went flying. the bike just dropped on its side, not moving an inch from were it got hit. At the time all i noticed was that the plastic was all broke up. but after riding it home i know there is way more done to it then that.

"i didn't know you guys were that close"
"i thought you were farther down the road"
"ill help you fix it dude calm down" -jimmy
When i asked him why his dumbass was talking a blind corner at WOT he replied something along the line of ' what? ' when i asked him again he said ' what do you mean? ' .At this point i felt like a drivers ed teacher. Telling him that if he cant see around the corner that he should stop and look before turning. He replied " *laughing* my bad dude. Ill help you fix it"
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

Legally there is nothing i can do.
And since he is a * with no money. and his dad is just a grown up 5 year old that never takes responsibly.
Im out a moped.

For now im just going to take my 96 motor and put it on my 92. Not much else i can do.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Post by GIJoeBob »

Man, that sucks.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Doesn't look that bad, just grab the handlbars and whip the f*** out of em till the front end is realigned, I have done it to my spree more than once. If the frame really is bent and it isn't just a slipping handlebar clamp perhaps this can be the new *?
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:Doesn't look that bad, just grab the handlbars and whip the f*** out of em till the front end is realigned, I have done it to my spree more than once. If the frame really is bent and it isn't just a slipping handlebar clamp perhaps this can be the new *?
naw dude. im not saying look at the tire vs the handle bars. im saying look and the handle bars compared to the rest of the moped. in stead of them being like a T the bars are tilted. There not loose at all. just bent.
i dont know if the neck of the frame is bent. or if its the bars and the forks. but ether way, im looking allot of work.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
eight08boy
Goped
Goped

if u cant

Post by eight08boy »

if u can not fix and decied to part out let me know[/list]
Gjino Kanahele

U asking cherry price u better have cherry s***
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

d*** that sucks, but don't get too * off. People make mistakes and s*** happens, live and learn.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

normally i would agree.
See, i like when something is my fault. When somethings my fault i can be like "d*** not going to do that again" or "* was i thinking".
When its someone else's fault. There was nothing i could have done. And after words they dont own up to anything. That just * me off so much.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

Yeah if they act like they didn't do anything wrong then i can see getting * about it.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Wow man that really sucks! Sorry this happened dude, your yellow bee panels looked so nice too..

In my mind I'd say its mend-able. But it would take a lot of work and you stripping it down pretty far to expose as much frame and front as possible then trying to reshape the front end. A donor frame would help too.

Dont let this shtt get you down man, I hope you can get off your feet and fix your scooter. GL
projects galore :nerd:
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

yea it is fixable, strip it down and see if you can bend it back, if not new frame time
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

burnt_toast wrote:Wow man that really sucks! Sorry this happened dude, your yellow bee panels looked so nice too..

In my mind I'd say its mend-able. But it would take a lot of work and you stripping it down pretty far to expose as much frame and front as possible then trying to reshape the front end. A donor frame would help too.

Dont let this shtt get you down man, I hope you can get off your feet and fix your scooter. GL
i got all the front panels off it now. I really cant tell if the frame is bent of if its the bars/forks. I got to take all the stuff off the bars so i can see if they are bent. Then i got to do the same with the front tire.

Im looking at allot of work any way i go. For now i have a strong feeling im going to be putting that motor on my 92.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

Forks.

Bent real bad. ill try to get a picture for you all later.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Dac wrote:Forks.

mendable! thats better than having frame bent
projects galore :nerd:
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

burnt_toast wrote:
Dac wrote:Forks.

mendable! thats better than having frame bent
yeah, dude i thought it was going to be so much more. I had to really tear my bike down to find it what it was...
1991--------Tomos Targa-