Kick Start?`

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Gadelbert1
BMX
BMX

Kick Start?`

Post by Gadelbert1 »

My 1983 Aero 50 doesn't have a kickstart? should it? I know lots of thing have been taken off, like the kickstand, and lots of the plastic. Just wondering...
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

m pretty sure it wasnt added on the sprre and aero till 86.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Karman
Goped
Goped

Re: Kick Start?`

Post by Karman »

Gadelbert1 wrote:My 1983 Aero 50 doesn't have a kickstart? should it? I know lots of thing have been taken off, like the kickstand, and lots of the plastic. Just wondering...
Yes - you should have a kickstart. All '83 and '84 Aeros had them. Are you sure you're not just missing the lever?
Gadelbert1
BMX
BMX

maybe

Post by Gadelbert1 »

Thats what I'm thinking because it DOES have a hole where it should have one.... How hard would it be to replace the lever?
Karman
Goped
Goped

Post by Karman »

If all that you're missing is the lever, its a piece of cake provided you can find the part. Try Honda first and then look for a used one if they have discontinued it. If you're missing the internal parts to the kickstart it will be more of a challenge to find the parts. Do you see the shaft (that the lever mounts to) poking through the hole?