New to the Forum 1987 Honda Elite

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Uknwulikethat
BMX
BMX

New to the Forum 1987 Honda Elite

Post by Uknwulikethat »

Hi everyone, Im new to the forum, just got my first scooter...well its in pieces but its mine! I dont mind putting in the wrench time or anything to get it going. I used to ride this thing in high school alot, parents of a friend of mine had it, but its been sitting for about 2 years. I was told the throttle cable siezed up, it would need a new throttle cable new battery and carb cleaned but should be good to go after that.

So I already have the throttle cable on the way should be here by next week, getting the battery today. As I was moving it into the place Im going to work on it, I noticed the back brake was siezed. I was told to back off the bolt, and put some graphite oil down the cable, as well as just work the tire hard and the brake would come loose??? Does anyone have any other ideas before I do this. Aslo I figured since the bike was gogn to be apart I should replace spark plugs and air filter and or anyother thing you guys could think of to help me out. I plan on riding this thing most of the summer to back and forth to work. Thanks for any help thats greatly appreciated!!!

Also, I was told the 88 service manual would work for this, I didnt see the 87 manual listed. Just wondering if there was truth to that or if i should keep looking!!!

Thanks again...
1987 Honda Elite
~D