Semi Air Horn?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

peter1sp
BMX
BMX

Semi Air Horn?

Post by peter1sp »

Hey I was considering putting an air horn off of a semi on my spree... My buddy had one on his 89 Vulcan 750. I realize that this would take a compressor. I don't know if it would be worth the HP cost. But I would like a little more guff behind my audible warnings to fellow motorists. Not to mention which, can you imagine the hilarity?! :lol: Any ideas?
1981 CM400 C... Former Rides: 1986 Honda NQ50
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

they sell cheap ones for like $20 which would be better for a spree. but, i have some in my car that cost around $200 and there is no comparison. the $20 one has no storage tank so it cant build up pressure. thats why its less loud.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

I actually have a set of air horns in my basement that I've never installed on anything. They have a compressor and horns, runs off 12V. Never thought of installing them on the Spree.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

I think its a cool idea. I have my old car horn which I might try to fix and put inside the vento. I'd be nicer to have a deeper sounding honk. :lol:
projects galore :nerd: