84 to 85 AERO Differences?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

DefiantK
Noob
Noob

84 to 85 AERO Differences?

Post by DefiantK »

I have a 1984 aero 50 and was wondering the differences between it and the 85+ models? I was looking at parts on vtcycles.com and they only list 85 up. Is there major differences between the two?

Also I was told that elite parts will fit my aero, is this true? any other models share parts (spree?)

Thanks, Michale
Karman
Goped
Goped

Post by Karman »

I have an '84 Aero too. The '83-'84 Aero is pretty unique. The engine had a longer stroke and smaller bore than later Aeros, among other differences. As far as I know, the engine doesn't share any major parts with anything that came later. The body panels are also different from the '85+ Aeros.
Keoni
Goped
Goped

Post by Keoni »

Everything is different on the 84 and 85 Aero so they aren't interchangable. Yes we only list from the 85 on up Aero 50 because that is the only one you can modify.
VTCycles.com for performance parts.
adark248
Elite
Elite

Post by adark248 »

Keoni wrote:Everything is different on the 84 and 85 Aero so they aren't interchangable. Yes we only list from the 85 on up Aero 50 because that is the only one you can modify.
So Keoni, you guys don't stock anything at all for the '84s?
1984 Honda Aero 50
1986 Honda Spree
Keoni
Goped
Goped

Post by Keoni »

Tires....
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Hey Keoni, when is the new website going up?
Keoni
Goped
Goped

Post by Keoni »

I'm in the middle of working on it right now and I have some of our guys taking pictures of parts right now so hopefully it will go up next week but the catalog will be a work in progress since I have to add all the information into our database that our hosting provider over charges for, I mean come on..$50 a month for a database. if you want to see it before it is done you can check it out at http://vtcycles.com/news.php
adark248
Elite
Elite

Post by adark248 »

Keoni wrote:Tires....
perhaps the most important part :lol:

might actually hit you up for some in the future
1984 Honda Aero 50
1986 Honda Spree
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

nice!
DefiantK
Noob
Noob

Post by DefiantK »

Thanks, its too bad they aren't as this was a present from my father so I won't be getting rid of it. Anybody know of ANY performance parts for the 83/84

On another note, the plastics are very brittle(UV?) on it and I'd like to replace them but I checked the microfiche online and the its over $700 for all. Does this sound right? yet my drz can be done for $150. I know there NOS but still.
Any cheap way of doing it?
justinnielsen01
Spree
Spree

Post by justinnielsen01 »

700 bucks is a lot of dough
adark248
Elite
Elite

Post by adark248 »

DefiantK wrote:Thanks, its too bad they aren't as this was a present from my father so I won't be getting rid of it. Anybody know of ANY performance parts for the 83/84

On another note, the plastics are very brittle(UV?) on it and I'd like to replace them but I checked the microfiche online and the its over $700 for all. Does this sound right? yet my drz can be done for $150. I know there NOS but still.
Any cheap way of doing it?
ive been looking at those fiches as well, I'm hesitant to order because of the money, but also because I find it hard to believe that someone has NOS plastics. Spend 700 on plastics and then you're gonna lose money if you ever sell it again. Not sure many people will dish out over 700 for an Aero.

If you do get them though, please let us know and post some pics. Try some other scooter sites, maybe. Ebay has some stuff every once in a while, but I've been looking for stuff since I got mine and haven't found any plastics that I need
1984 Honda Aero 50
1986 Honda Spree
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

you can get a hole aero with nice panels for 400 lol 700 was the original price from Honda when it came out
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
DefiantK
Noob
Noob

Post by DefiantK »

I'll never sell it as it was my first (road legal) motorcycle. Its a "heirloom" per say and reminds of my dad. So its staying around.

The problem with getting another aero is
A: Where I live it would cost atleast $700 on top another of the price to either ship or pick up another one.
B: Everyone I've seen is almost in as bad of shape.

adark248 - I just seen the pictures of yours and it, plastic wise is in ALOT better shape than mine. Only the front fender and headlight cover aren't cracked yet, but a sight gust of wind could change that. I've never seen another motorcycle with as brittle plastic as my aero. If I find anything I'll let you know, but chance are its unlikely as I'm in Canada.

A friend and I had talked a long time ago about how to shape fibreglass for some parts my beetle needed. It sounded like alot of work but maybe I could apply it to this aero?
adark248
Elite
Elite

Post by adark248 »

thanks, i was pretty lucky with mine, the guy had it parked the whole time he owned it so it didn't get beat up too badly. every piece is scratched. what I need is a right side cover with working trunk door.

i was just thinking today about molding plastic or fiberglass to make some pieces... i dont know anything about it though. you could probably start a pretty neat ebay business if you figured it out and could do it for sprees, aeros, elites and other honda scooters.
1984 Honda Aero 50
1986 Honda Spree