Considering buying an Elite

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Cubey
Spree
Spree

Considering buying an Elite

Post by Cubey »

Due to limitations of the Spree speed wise and other issues, I may be buying an older Elite 80 and selling the Spree.

I have my eye on one and will be emailing the seller again next weekend to see if it's still available (when I'll have the extra money to spare for it).

He's asking $900 for it. He's had it on criagslist already almost a week and hasn't sold it due to people offering him less than his asking price and he doesn't really want to sell it for any less.

It is 1994 with nearly 4,300 miles. He said it has only ever been owned by himself and another over age 50 guy. He bought a larger bike and that is why he's selling it. He said it does have a clear title and he has it in hand.

Here are some pics of it:

Any thoughts/opinions?
1985 Honda Gyro S (project bike, work in progress!)
1984 Honda Spree - Bought May 30, 2008 with 810.8 miles on it. (Sold with ~1600mi)
Others owned/rode/sold: '86 Helix trike, '07 Vino 125, '88 Elite 250
Dac wrote:Friends+your moped=BAD IDEA.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Be better off with a slightly hopped up elite 50. Your gonna need a motorcycle endorsement, plates and insurance to ride that thing and you cant even take it on the highway.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Cubey
Spree
Spree

Post by Cubey »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:Be better off with a slightly hopped up elite 50. Your gonna need a motorcycle endorsement, plates and insurance to ride that thing and you cant even take it on the highway.
I already have motorcycle endorsement. I also know about the plates and insurance. In AR, 50cc's are highway legal (but not interstates or limited access highways).
1985 Honda Gyro S (project bike, work in progress!)
1984 Honda Spree - Bought May 30, 2008 with 810.8 miles on it. (Sold with ~1600mi)
Others owned/rode/sold: '86 Helix trike, '07 Vino 125, '88 Elite 250
Dac wrote:Friends+your moped=BAD IDEA.