My first moped

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

honda_three
BMX
BMX

My first moped

Post by honda_three »

Hey everyone.

I'd say i found the spree, but the spree, in fact, found me. After about a month of combing craigslist dilligently on work time, everyday... i found a nice two wheel hog that fit my desires. the same hog would transport me to this work, and the spree is whats for me.

After an enjoyable weekend made out of the "moped pickup" i've fallen in love. the hour from Milwaukee, WI to Watertown, WI was actually a 2 day event. With the 'ped safely at home, im looking to perfect the craft.

Here are some pics:
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

not bad. :wink: lil tlc, u be good to go. 8)
~2004 Geely Fashion~
honda_three
BMX
BMX

Post by honda_three »

has anyone tried painting with this: http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=121
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

honda_three wrote:has anyone tried painting with this: http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=121
that would be very odd
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
honda_three
BMX
BMX

Post by honda_three »

what is the standard for re-painting a spree its natural red color? suggestions?
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

i painted one camilion, that was awsome, then there was always the general Spree my fav. spree ever
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
honda_three
BMX
BMX

Post by honda_three »

yes, so what kind of paint do you normally use? how can i match the color? is there a manual or step by step instructions for re-repainting anywhere?
CharlotteSpreeRider
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by CharlotteSpreeRider »

Holy *, it's got a glove box, and that is a really good shot that I've been looking at for while. I have the box, I just can't figure out how it is supposed to be mounted. Now I know!

Thanks!

-aseigler
honda_three
BMX
BMX

Post by honda_three »

Sweet! Glad i could help. I was actually unaware that was a rarity. The guy i bought it from proudly told me his "gatorade fit right in here". :lol:
GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Post by GIJoeBob »

On my Spree, for the leg shield and floor panel, I just wet sanded the pieces since they are molded and not painted. When I got to an even color all over I just painted it with clear coat.
honda_three
BMX
BMX

Post by honda_three »

plans right now are to get all white plastic, and then have a red racing stripe down the middle, white reflectors, white seat, chromed out exhaust, new logos (same logo, new sticker). Ill post updates.
GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Post by GIJoeBob »

honda_three wrote:plans right now are to get all white plastic, and then have a red racing stripe down the middle, white reflectors, white seat, chromed out exhaust, new logos (same logo, new sticker). Ill post updates.
That sounds sweet.