Crashes

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

matt
Goped
Goped

Crashes

Post by matt »

What the worse youve crashed your spree or have gotten hurt. Post pictures. The worst i have done is flip it back at 20mph trying to ride a wheely and then doing it again.(had spree running for only 2 days). but i only broke the license plate holder off(cant hardly tell)
Ducktape fixes everything.
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

none and proud of it.my homemade drag bike... another story.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

well i never crashed on a spree or any other moter bike. but last night i got my friend pos yamaha razz and jumped it on a pile of dirt and i went one way and the bike went the other way then i was doing 15mph and ran it into a tree. lol! i went up the tree and came back down it was so funny.
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
surfugsto
Noob
Noob

Post by surfugsto »

1: tipped a gokart
2: while riding a minibike with a sidecar, rode off a small cliff
3: tipped a snowmobile
4: crashed spree while standing on seat doin a wheelie
5: snowboarded into an obsticle
i have officially owned myself too many times
matt
Goped
Goped

Post by matt »

You sound smart.
Ducktape fixes everything.
Magnus213
Noob
Noob

Post by Magnus213 »

I've only wrecked once. I was doing my usual cruising route through my neighborhood when the street I usually take straight was blocked by a landscaping truck. I decided to accelerate and turn left toward the nearby uphill street, but as I leaned toward my left and pulled through the turn the tires and the entire Spree slid out from under me. I remember seeing sky, then ground, then sky again, and within an extremely long-feeling 2 seconds or so I was standing up, having rolled out of the crash. The Spree was stuck at wide open throttle and was making a terrible noise. Upon closer inspection I saw the sand in the middle of the street that had caused me to slide and crash.

My knees were pretty bloodied up, as were my shoulder and elbow, but my head was fine and I knew I wasn't hurt seriously. The worst part of the whole deal was having to walk my scooter a mile and a half home since it couldn't operate at less than full throttle.
1987 Spree, 2006 Scion tC
jwolf370
Noob
Noob

Post by jwolf370 »

About 10 years ago when I was 14 I was crusing my honda aero 50 down a 3/4 mile residental road, I was going full throttel which was about 38 mph on that aero and comming on to a fore ranger traveling in the same direction directly in front of me. The ranger veered to my left so assuming he wanted me to pass I proceeded to do so, Well just about that time the front passanges side of the truck swung directly infront of me and I hit it full speed. It turns out he veered left to make a right hand turn into his drive way. The ranger suffered a dent in the door, and fender along with a broken mirror, My aero suffered a broken floor board 2 broken turn signals, and a few minor cracks in the body, I suffered a gaping scar on my chest which I still have to this day. Every thing turned out good in the end the old man driving dident charge me fo rthe damages and dident call the cops sceince I had no licens, He even gave me a jump to get home because I had no battrie and I had to jump my bike every were I went. I stayed in touch with him up untill a couple years ago whan he passed away. Just thought Id share my one of many scooter accidents but by far the most memorible.
Magnus213
Noob
Noob

Post by Magnus213 »

jwolf370 wrote:About 10 years ago when I was 14 I was crusing my honda aero 50 down a 3/4 mile residental road, I was going full throttel which was about 38 mph on that aero and comming on to a fore ranger traveling in the same direction directly in front of me. The ranger veered to my left so assuming he wanted me to pass I proceeded to do so, Well just about that time the front passanges side of the truck swung directly infront of me and I hit it full speed. It turns out he veered left to make a right hand turn into his drive way. The ranger suffered a dent in the door, and fender along with a broken mirror, My aero suffered a broken floor board 2 broken turn signals, and a few minor cracks in the body, I suffered a gaping scar on my chest which I still have to this day. Every thing turned out good in the end the old man driving dident charge me fo rthe damages and dident call the cops sceince I had no licens, He even gave me a jump to get home because I had no battrie and I had to jump my bike every were I went. I stayed in touch with him up untill a couple years ago whan he passed away. Just thought Id share my one of many scooter accidents but by far the most memorible.
That was nice of him not to press you about it, and then to give you a jump too! Sounds like a vicious crash, though. I hit my all-time top speed on my Spree of 35 MPH today, and any scooter rider knows how fast that is on skinny tires.
1987 Spree, 2006 Scion tC
jwolf370
Noob
Noob

Post by jwolf370 »

Right on on hitting 35mph
My 87 spree is the only spree I have got close to 35mph
peter1sp
BMX
BMX

Post by peter1sp »

Bloody Elbow, Knuckles, Fingernail, Ankle, Calf, Chin, and one badly jammed or broken finger. That settles it I just bought a pair of draggin jeans and lightweight jacket.

I just wiped out on the way to school at 10:30 at night. I am in design so I come up to school late to do work. Well there were no cars in the usual parking spots, so instead of braking hard and making a left I figured I would slow slightly and make a nice sweeper utilizing the new found space on my right hand side. Didn't see the sand until I was already in the lean. I dumped the bike at 20 mph and slid about 10 to 15 feet. The bike slid atleast 25 feet. My head bounced off the pavement and I rolled and bounced my chin and then I think I came to a stop at some point along there. I might also mention that I was wearing a helmet and that was about it. I have a t-shirt on and a pair of shorts with some sneakers. Ow.
Granted first thing I checked out was the Spree... which still had the blinker on and then shut it off and picked it up, while this little dude ran toward me and asked if I was ok. A little shaken, but I now have some cool blood stains on my shirt. :oops:
Ride carefully even if it is just a run to the corner store. Argh.
Oh yeah and I am happy to report that aside from the bent signal there doesn't seem to be too many scratches on the bike, just on me. :?
1981 CM400 C... Former Rides: 1986 Honda NQ50
gilson_66
Noob
Noob

Post by gilson_66 »

i am 15 years old and i crashed my 1987 honds spree on my front lawn going about 10mph i fell because it was wet and i pulled the font brake it was funny
gilson_66
Noob
Noob

Post by gilson_66 »

i am 15 years old and i crashed my 1987 honds spree on my front lawn going about 10mph i fell because it was wet and i pulled the font brake it was funny
gilson_66
Noob
Noob

Post by gilson_66 »

sorry for posting two messages