This is what $370 in parts looks like.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

nparks
Spree
Spree

This is what $370 in parts looks like.

Post by nparks »

And I didn't get the high speed pulley like I thought I ordered. =(
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

I got my high speed pulley today. I was told it comes with 9 gram rollers, they are only 3 grams each :?
nparks
Spree
Spree

Post by nparks »

evilone wrote:I got my high speed pulley today. I was told it comes with 9 gram rollers, they are only 3 grams each :?
haha that sucks man

PS I grew up in Kalamazoo

small world
nparks
Spree
Spree

Post by nparks »

Is the highspeed pulley necessary for higher speeds or faster accel.? Or can I live without it with a 75cc bore kit?
shortcal
Goped
Goped

Post by shortcal »

what muffler is that?
2001 Honda Elite
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Get the pulley. Try this on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KOSO-SPE ... 0249657415 The rollers are 5 grams instead of 3 and it has 8 rollers instead of 6. Seller also explains what pulley does, I hear it is probably the best "first" upgrade to do. If you have the big bore kit, get the pulley. Oh yeah...I paid $60.00 for mine so you can see it's a good deal.
Karman
Goped
Goped

Post by Karman »

Which gear ratio did you go with?
Keoni
Goped
Goped

Post by Keoni »

It is a V8 muffler which I sell, NParks was lucky and got the last one.
VTCycles.com for performance parts.
Elite1998
Spree
Spree

Post by Elite1998 »

nparks wrote:Is the highspeed pulley necessary for higher speeds or faster accel.? Or can I live without it with a 75cc bore kit?
Stock it gives higher speed..by about 5 mph and the acceleration stays the same.

Probably increases speeds and acceleration (once at higher speeds) since it gives higher speed it gives better acceleration where it used to slow down(atleast with a stock bike)
Honda Elite SA50-S

Stock motor, 9:1 gears, Kelli High speed pulley=a top speed of ?? Maxed the speedo out if that counts..average 45 mph
average 85 mpg
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Hey Keoni, i'm the one who got the Keli Racing Company high speed pulley from you (the one with 3 gram rollers). I just installed it. Very happy with the quality and your service was great. I will need to get some 9 gram rollers later. I'm just replying to let you know the rollers are 3 grams not 9 grams like the OKO Pulley! How much for a set of 9 grams and a set of 10 grams?
Keoni
Goped
Goped

Post by Keoni »

Thats really odd that the weights were 3 grams 'cause the only 3g rollers we have here are purple unless the factory screwed those up but I'll look into the other packages. we have a very limited number of 9 and 10 gram rollers so if you want them give me a call asap and I'll cut you a deal for the mishap.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

nparks, stock pulley is fine. keli is nice but having tried lots of various trans combos, I don't find it a critical upgrade. You should get lighter rollers though, 5-6g, maybe lil more with v8 pipe.
projects galore :nerd:
Keoni
Goped
Goped

Post by Keoni »

burnt_toast wrote:nparks, stock pulley is fine. keli is nice but having tried lots of various trans combos, I don't find it a critical upgrade. You should get lighter rollers though, 5-6g, maybe lil more with v8 pipe.
A hi-speed pulley kit in a Honda Elite S is the single best upgrade you can do. You will never notice a difference if you add other parts in at the same time. IMO it is the most critical upgrade for a Elite S hands down.
nparks
Spree
Spree

Post by nparks »

Keoni wrote:
burnt_toast wrote:nparks, stock pulley is fine. keli is nice but having tried lots of various trans combos, I don't find it a critical upgrade. You should get lighter rollers though, 5-6g, maybe lil more with v8 pipe.
A hi-speed pulley kit in a Honda Elite S is the single best upgrade you can do. You will never notice a difference if you add other parts in at the same time. IMO it is the most critical upgrade for a Elite S hands down.
Haha yeah... I haven't even got this thing to run when it had the stock setup. I just need something to get me to and from school beach side which has a speed limit of 45. I just don't want my poor Elite to be struggling to stay at 45 and having people running me over.
nparks
Spree
Spree

Post by nparks »

PS -- It had no problem getting to 45... My buddy was driving next to me at 60mph when the motor seized.