Making mopeds COOL!!!

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

SprEE*MP*
Spree
Spree

Making mopeds COOL!!!

Post by SprEE*MP* »

I'm 14 almost 15, i just got a honda spree about 3 weeks ago and all my friends think I'm a loser for ridding "such a stupid little thing". But i laugh because I'm the only one my age in my town with wheels (there is actually only me and another guy in my town with a scooter). They all think scooters are stupid, slow and uncool. Whats the big deal?
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

they are just looked down on, i have never got why, but who cares..... F*** them
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
nparks
Spree
Spree

Post by nparks »

I'm 21 and my friends laugh at the fact that I bought a scooter... But I'll be laughing back because I'll be able to get to and from where I want to go, have fun while doing so, and save gas. Suckerssss.
po89mm
Spree
Spree

Post by po89mm »

part of being mature is not giving a rats * what others think of you,
fu*k em.

8)
nparks
Spree
Spree

Post by nparks »

Oh dude and if you want mad props from the kids who own any honda cars throw a Type-R or VTECH sticker on it. Itll GiVE U MaD HP Yo! RESPEK
SprEE*MP*
Spree
Spree

Post by SprEE*MP* »

Boy I'd be bad *.
justinnielsen01
Spree
Spree

Post by justinnielsen01 »

your getting around their not
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

yeah, im 16, its funny how all my friends talk trash about it but yet when it comes time to go somewhere they all complain they dont have a way of going.

its just that scooters and moped are looked down on by immature people. And i dont mean that as random name calling, i mean, they only people who really make fun of scooters dont know anything about them.
You tell any mature person that the thing gets like 90mpg. and they will stop for a second and think about it. you tell the same thing to a immature person and you will get something like "yeah, but dude, its *"

When it comes down to it, you have wheels, they dont.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

yea man, put type R stickers on there and turbo badges and you will be able to beat any one
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
honda_three
BMX
BMX

Post by honda_three »

just keep ridin' man. if you have fun riding it, and people can see that, then it is cool. a year from now everyone will want one.

i think they generally get a bad rap from our culture of driving fast, aggressiveness, and the idea of "just get a motorcycle." people dont realize how fun mopeds are, and the cost and time benefits from getting a motorcycle.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

I was same age when I got my Spree but luckily didn't get too much shh for it by friends b/c of the reason's everyones mentioned, its a set of wheels that got me to and fro wherever I needed to go! Pre-car it was amazing having it to get around in. Plus my Spree was missing all the rear plastics and the MadMax look threw ppl off :lol:
projects galore :nerd:
eight08boy
Goped
Goped

well

Post by eight08boy »

u get around they stuck at home and when it come time for run from cop nothing better then a moped u get away every time
Gjino Kanahele

U asking cherry price u better have cherry s***
frickinflip
BMX
BMX

Post by frickinflip »

no worry while all the other f@gs is at home playing games and wishing they could be cruising around checkin' out chicks. i gotta say riding and checkin' out the hot spots is so much easier then in a car.
GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Re: Making mopeds COOL!!!

Post by GIJoeBob »

SprEE*MP* wrote:I'm 14 almost 15, i just got a honda spree about 3 weeks ago and all my friends think I'm a loser for ridding "such a stupid little thing". But i laugh because I'm the only one my age in my town with wheels (there is actually only me and another guy in my town with a scooter). They all think scooters are stupid, slow and uncool. Whats the big deal?
It's called cognitive dissonance
In psychology, cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling or stress caused by holding two contradictory ideas simultaneously. The theory of cognitive dissonance proposes that people have a fundamental cognitive drive to reduce this dissonance by modifying an existing belief, or rejecting one of the contradictory ideas.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance
keithw
Elite
Elite

Post by keithw »

I'm in the 50 something crowd and I got over worrying what other people think a long time ago. Picked up my JDM Pal for free, spending a little money on it, and having a blast. If you're getting around and having fun while you're friends stay home that sounds like their problem. What are you supposed to do, buy a big * boat of a car and haul their butts around? Tell them to get a life, find a scoot and join you. Bet they will have a different tune then.

keithw
Honda Pal (Speed-o-scooter) JDM Spree with varator trans.
Honda Spree, 1985.
Another Honda Pal

Let's give it a try, how hard could it be?