Mario Andretti Drove an Elite

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Karman
Goped
Goped

Mario Andretti Drove an Elite

Post by Karman »

I was watching the Imax film Super Speedway today on Mojo HD. Toward the end of the film there's a scene of Mario riding through the pits 8)

This movie was shot over 4 years in the mid 90's.
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

what are the 2 honda bikes in the back ground on the left the red and white ones, a shop near me has one and i am buging them to let me buy it, cuz it just sits there, and i want to know what it is
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
Rooney140
BMX
BMX

Post by Rooney140 »

mopedman wrote:what are the 2 honda bikes in the back ground on the left the red and white ones?
They look like honda cubs, i.e. EZ90's, there is quite a market for those, 90cc 2 stroke fully automatic, honda sold them for about 5 years or so, maybe 91-96? I remember being at a supercross and the intermission act was 10+ guys racing around the track on those.
Karman
Goped
Goped

Post by Karman »

what are the 2 honda bikes in the back ground on the left the red and white ones?
You can't see them in the screen grab I posted, but as Mario rides along that fence, there's a TON of those. The red Elite in the pic and the black one that he's riding are the only two bikes that aren't those.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

there was one of those in my town, i seen him riding down the street once. i was going to stop and talk to him, but he was already gone, i have yet to see him again.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.