whats a fair selling price/value for my 86 spree?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

po89mm
Spree
Spree

whats a fair selling price/value for my 86 spree?

Post by po89mm »

like the title says, i like my little scoot its complete with the owners manual, runs and starts fine. But as summer is starting to end i find myself wanting/considering something a bit more. I purchased this thing disassembled in several orange crates with an * load of additional engine and body parts.

I purchased it for $300 and put another $350 of parts and labor into it to get it running. I have all the receipts for parts and services that ive had done to it. The only only items that are of concern is that i re tapped the carb screws to 1/4-20 and that it wont run to optimum performance unless i run it with the air box cover off.

I suspect this may be a carb jet issue. But i have put 1250 miles in this scooter so far while in this configuration, and have yet to have any problems. The carb also lacks the tiny overflow hose so any overflow tends to seep down clutch cover that requires a good cleaning once in a while. Its also a minor issue but well, im trying to be honest. :D

The body panels externally, are in good shape with small minor scratches here and there. Internally though, the foam was long ago splashed with oil from when the piston blew. This is why i suspect it was dissembled when i purchased it. The front screw holes were also totally broken away and had to be re fabricated using metal washers that were epoxied to the plastic and filed over with jb-weld and lightly sanded.

So.... whats the consensus here regarding the value/ fair selling price?
Not that its for sale BUT im half * considering it.

8)

oh yea , one more thing its got 10,895 miles on the odometer and compression was @ 105 pounds last time i checked.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

The filter cover is probably clogged up. Thats a very nice looking bike and your the first person I have seen use the helmet holder. In MI $600-$800.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Base4life
Spree
Spree

Post by Base4life »

Yea, before you try to sell it i would take that muffler off. Go to lowes and buy some high heat spray can and re paint that muffler. Will make it look alot nicer.
01 Elite
in progress!

po89mm
Spree
Spree

Post by po89mm »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:The filter cover is probably clogged up. Thats a very nice looking bike and your the first person I have seen use the helmet holder. In MI $600-$800.
not the filter, does the same thing with a fresh one installed. As for the helmet holder well it beats caryin' it 8)
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

THE COVER clean out the holes that it breaths through.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
po89mm
Spree
Spree

Post by po89mm »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:THE COVER clean out the holes that it breaths through.
did that too 8)