Online Stores? Check My Parts Numbers...

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

junkyspree
BMX
BMX

Online Stores? Check My Parts Numbers...

Post by junkyspree »

Where could I buy a new complete piston kit for my spree (piston, rings, pin, clips...) I have checked places like powersportspro but have only seen separate items, which seems expensive for a piston kit buying them separate.

I also noticed that there were several standard size pistons listed, which one should I get for my '86 spree? It is domed or not....?

Any suggestions, online stores that are cheap?
Last edited by junkyspree on Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

you want the domed one for an 86, repeat after me "Honda parts are not cheap, Honda part are not cheap, Honda parts are not cheap", at least it isnt a Polaris, those have $200 pistons!
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

try this place.....
www.motorcitypowersport.com
worth a shot. 8)
~2004 Geely Fashion~
junkyspree
BMX
BMX

Post by junkyspree »

I'm having trouble figuring out part numbers. I bought a used standard bore jug in good condition and want a standard piston and ring set. Now there are too many STD's...I'm confused and don't want to buy the wrong part. Can someone tell me the exact part numbers for a pair of piston and rings? I like CheapCycles, they seem a little bit cheaper.

Right now I have:
RING SET, PISTON (STD) (Honda Code 2944031) (NIPPON) (13011-GJ5-305)

PISTON (-0.035-/-0.040) (STD) (Honda Code 2161453)

Is that right?
Ziraya
Spree
Spree

Post by Ziraya »

I've been to the building for that site, so it's safe to say the least, but their '88 SB50 muffler costs as much as a full set of muffler bits from this one, not counting shipping of course, their shop is in Muskegon
http://www.babbittsonline.com/

the parts I ordered were supposed to arrive between last friday and tomorrow, they're not here yet so if I weren't me I'd wait till I said my boxes were here, but then my tenses and perspectives might explode and kill me and myself
junkyspree
BMX
BMX

Post by junkyspree »

Can someone tell me what part numbers to get for standard bore '86 piston and rings?
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

uhhhmmmm, the honda shop right by me, its 20$ for rings, 30$ for a piston, 2$ for clips, im not seeing were its expensive...
Ziraya
Spree
Spree

Post by Ziraya »

Ziraya wrote:I've been to the building for that site, so it's safe to say the least, but their '88 SB50 muffler costs as much as a full set of muffler bits from this one, not counting shipping of course, their shop is in Muskegon
http://www.babbittsonline.com/

the parts I ordered were supposed to arrive between last friday and tomorrow, they're not here yet so if I weren't me I'd wait till I said my boxes were here, but then my tenses and perspectives might explode and kill me and myself
I still don't have my parts, looking like this one will go in the scam box
Ziraya
Spree
Spree

Post by Ziraya »

Yesterday the money was refunded with out explaination, just called, they don't carry the parts anymore. If you want to order from these guys you better call or it will take them two weeks to tell you they don't sell the parts anymore
junkyspree
BMX
BMX

Post by junkyspree »

Who is that, babbitts? I ordered from cheapcycleparts, but they had some of my things on backorder...not too happy about that.