People these days..story..*sigh*

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

junkyspree
BMX
BMX

People these days..story..*sigh*

Post by junkyspree »

This afternoon, I drove over an hour from my house to look at a 2001 Yamaha Vino on craigslist that a man quoted me $300 on. I called him and talked over the phone about a few subjects, he didn't seem too intelligent. I told him I could come if I get off work early. So I did take off around 2:30. I called him right up and he promised me first refusal, and wouldn't show it untill I was done with our deal. This is a big trip in a 8mpg 1978 Chevy 350 4-Barrel truck. So I got there, calling the guy on the way letting him know where I was at. I was five minutes away and I called and got some little boy/girl on the phone telling me the man is meeting someone. A little nervous I still continue the trip, I mean what's five more minutes... I pulled into his driveway and sure enough there sits someone else on the scoot .Guy sold it right out from under me before I even got there, never let me know. I came straight on from work, didn't even change clothes. I'm not a guy to loose my temper, so I didn't jump out swing'in. I told him that he didn't "do me right," which obviously he didn't. I held up my end of the deal and came straight on like he said to do. *, the guy looked like a former drug/alcohol abuser anyway. He felt sheety and tried to tell me to go to a local scooter shop and buy an $800 Velocity like he was sitting on. He even was bold enough to tell me the lady bought it for $500. :roll: I threw my hands up and got back in the truck and headed home. I got home around 6pm and left at 2pm, I did stop for Icecream and Northerntool :lol: Moral of the story is to next time pin somebody down on holding or forget it if wishy-washy. People aren't like they used to be...
Last edited by junkyspree on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
edwardzx7
Spree
Spree

Post by edwardzx7 »

i thought you and pops when gonna get me!lol :lol: ,thats alot of gas if thats the same truck you picked the spree up in?work with what you got till you know for sure you get something better.he still was dead wrong for that!
Image-$show your right$
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

What an *.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
junkyspree
BMX
BMX

Post by junkyspree »

edwardzx7 wrote:i thought you and pops when gonna get me!lol :lol: ,thats alot of gas if thats the same truck you picked the spree up in?work with what you got till you know for sure you get something better.he still was dead wrong for that!
Haha, Jay man I like you. You're a nice guy, it was worth the trip to Raleigh (* I wouldn't be on this site.) That was the same truck, pops still won't let me drive it...See I drive an old '74 clunker beetle that wouldn't make it to Raleigh if I even considered taking it to pick up a scooter (in pieces). Brakes don't work, I have to downshift/drop clutch and pull the E-brake to stop/slowdown and pump the gas to idle :lol: So people think I'm like I'm dancin' inside the bug.
Base4life
Spree
Spree

Post by Base4life »

What a f***n s**t bag
01 Elite
in progress!

edwardzx7
Spree
Spree

Post by edwardzx7 »

nothing wrong with a 74 beetle ,classic. no brakes=dangerous. :shock:
Image-$show your right$
nparks
Spree
Spree

Post by nparks »

Beats my eBay experience. I bought a 1996 Chevy Silverado for $2500... The description said "Excellent condition", all of the pictures looked flawless (since they were before the truck was rebuilt after an accident). I was excited. I got there, the steering wheel was an aftermarket one, the sides of the seats airbags had been deployed, the tag light wire harness was in the door panel and when I test drove it the rear axle started smoking. This was all after I had all ready payed for the truck. As soon as they dropped it off at the gas station they said they wouldn't give me the title until the check cleared, which immediately I figured the truck was stolen. I told the guy to not cash my check, but he got really defensive and called me an * to think that it was a stolen truck since he owns a corvette restoration company (f*** I wouldn't trust them with my bicycle, let alone a classic corvette) and said he'd beat my * to the ground if it doesn't clear. I told him to f*** off, threw the keys in the truck and drove home and canceled my checking account. Surprisingly the guy didn't give me negative feedback, but did leave a lot of disturbing messages on my phone.
junkyspree
BMX
BMX

Post by junkyspree »

Man, your story is a lot more dramatic than mine. I don't buy anthing on ebay over $500 b/c of that. That's a * of a lot of hassle! Funny thing is, that the man keeps calling me back. He must have somewhat of a conscience...I don't have anything to say to him.
Eft37
Elite
Elite

Post by Eft37 »

That same thing happened to me 3 times last summer.
Pull up as someone else is driving off with it.
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

Its amazing how a * camera can hide many defects.

I can't stand ebay a**holes. When you drive that far and the thing looks nothing like what you expected, they just wasted your time and theirs.

Wish I was an a**hole, then i'd vandalize people's homes and stuff that pull crap like that on me, trouble is, i'm generally a nice guy and can't stoop to that level.
lipskid
BMX
BMX

Post by lipskid »

That sucks *. I would have said "no problem man" and then given him a lawn job. (Kids...lawn jobs are illegal and should not be performed without supervision of an adult.)
"THE KILLING SPREES"...better than Fight Club
89D/OSpree
BMX
BMX

Post by 89D/OSpree »

dude, that really sucks. its a sad thing when people don't care if they break their word because there are 2 things in this world that mean anything. My WORD and my Balls and I don't break'um for nobody!
89 D/O Elite Sick
89 D/O Spree Gettin Well
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

89D/OSpree wrote:dude, that really sucks. its a sad thing when people don't care if they break their word because there are 2 things in this world that mean anything. My WORD and my Balls and I don't break'um for nobody!
lol, well said
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Get some brakes for your bug!
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Sucks to hear man, but that happens. Plenty of flaky people selling and buying on craigslist, gotta beware always!
projects galore :nerd: