Big bore/stroker gas mileage

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Taiden
Noob
Noob

Big bore/stroker gas mileage

Post by Taiden »

I searched all over this site and I couldn't find anything about the kinds of gas mileage you 60+ mph guys are getting.

If you have a 72-82cc big bore kit or a stroker kit, post up your mods and the gas mileage you get. :) Cruising and flogging.

I was going to get a Ruckus; but you Elite owners seem to go much faster with 1/4th the cost. :D
justinnielsen01
Spree
Spree

Post by justinnielsen01 »

never get a ruckus. their slow. you can not get them going faster than 50. because their four stroke
Eft37
Elite
Elite

Post by Eft37 »

justinnielsen01 wrote:never get a ruckus. their slow. you can not get them going faster than 50. because their four stroke
Translation:
Never get a Ruckus, they are slow. You cannot get them going faster because they're four stroke.
Taiden
Noob
Noob

Post by Taiden »

Eft37 wrote:
justinnielsen01 wrote:never get a ruckus. their slow. you can not get them going faster than 50. because their four stroke
Translation:
Never get a Ruckus, they are slow. You cannot get them going faster because they're four stroke.
I got a lol. :)

Soooo.. anyone here got a bb kit? I know someone does!
Eft37
Elite
Elite

Post by Eft37 »

Look in the threads for the past month, there are a few I recall reading that mention this. If I remember right, the 65-80cc kits with bigger carbs either have the same economy, or 10mpg less.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Eft37 wrote:Look in the threads for the past month, there are a few I recall reading that mention this. If I remember right, the 65-80cc kits with bigger carbs either have the same economy, or 10mpg less.
Hah.. yeah good luck with that.

90cc Vento Zip, 49-51 mpg mixed riding
75cc ministroked Corsa Elite 47-52 mpg mixed

All depends on your mods and tune, have seen some setups dip to 30mpg or less, especially full strokers
projects galore :nerd:
Taiden
Noob
Noob

Post by Taiden »

I'm not well versed with Elite mods; but it would be something along the lines of 82cc kit from vtcycles, with intake, carb, exhaust, and roller weights/clutch springs setup for a 175 lb guy. Decent tires, windshield, and tuned properly with a wideband O2 sensor.

Stock or -10 mpg seems a little ridiculous?? I would have expected around 50-60 mpg raping the throttle, and 65-75 cruising under 50 mph.

Also; do big bore kits suffer on hills?
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

burnt_toast wrote:
90cc Vento Zip, 49-51 mpg mixed riding
75cc ministroked Corsa Elite 47-52 mpg mixed
I can do better in a tuned up metro!
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

With using a wideband, what Air fuel ratio you looking for on a 2 stroke? Same as on a 4 stroke?

Also, using a wideband would be much safer and acurate than using the plug chop method right?
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Your worried about operating temp which is directly related to FA ratio but FA ratio cannot be calculated to temp due to a long list of factors.

Best way to keep a motor going for a long time is to run plenty of oil personally I think any high performance motor should be used with 25:1 (ask burnt toast what happens when you dontuse enough oil) and keep it cool(350-390 Fahrenheit).
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

But if you're using too lean AF, then you will raise the operating temp, and also cause detonation. So the best way is to have a good AF that won't detonate, and keep the operating temp down with extra gas right?
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Taiden wrote:I'm not well versed with Elite mods; but it would be something along the lines of 82cc kit from vtcycles, with intake, carb, exhaust, and roller weights/clutch springs setup for a 175 lb guy. Decent tires, windshield, and tuned properly with a wideband O2 sensor.

Stock or -10 mpg seems a little ridiculous?? I would have expected around 50-60 mpg raping the throttle, and 65-75 cruising under 50 mph.

Also; do big bore kits suffer on hills?
Like I said GOOD LUCK WITH THAT

Those numbers are just not REAL world experiance when you Mod two strokes :roll:

I didn't pull those numbers out of my * either btw, GPS assisted and calculated quite accurately. I have also tried riding with minimal WOT and mostly 1/4 to 1/2 throttle on my Vento stroker before and the gain in mileage was minimal at best. 105main in 19mm carb on that setup 90cc bore and stroker exhaust, dialed in. I also weight 140lbs btw.

Stock Yamaha Jog at 50cc, with completely realistic GPS tested miles got 59-63mpg

feel free to mod away and prove me wrong
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

jonsteffen wrote:But if you're using too lean AF, then you will raise the operating temp, and also cause detonation. So the best way is to have a good AF that won't detonate, and keep the operating temp down with extra gas right?
You WILL get lean enough to smoke the motor before it starts detonating.
Eft37
Elite
Elite

Post by Eft37 »

Eft37 wrote:Look in the threads for the past month, there are a few I recall reading that mention this. If I remember right, the 65-80cc kits with bigger carbs either have the same economy, or 10mpg less.
Never claimed I knew the answer, just started pointing out the search feature and suggested reading the forums more.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

my post wasn't directed at you.. although getting near stock gas mileage with any kit and bigger carb is extremely unlikely, not impossible, but just the obvious part of being able to run a bigger carb ie larger jet(s) means you'll be sucking lots more fuel.