*!!dude

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

*!!dude

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

I bought my crank and cylinder kit to 125cc...ok...and there is no way possible that this crank is going to fit unless I shave off a bit of the thread for the engine cassings...its a 52.6mm crank...n e 1 with this same crank????do u have to shave of some of the crank???pls IM me or pm me or jus reply here...give me tips tonight pls...before the guy at the machine shop totally * up my engine casings...!!!
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

You shave the case when stroking a dio.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

the bolt holes is very thin between case just like 1 paper , because of crank journal is big... that why, I dont like dio big stroker and will crack block.

here are the picture how look

http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q284 ... CT3449.jpg

the cylinder barrel need to open up bigger,,need to match ports, grind down crankcase, in order fit big stroker crank... need to get stroker pipe!
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

Ahh....the dude at thee machine shop gave me another option..he said he can grind down a little bit of the crank shaft..and shave the block..so I won't have to shave so much of of the block...he said that he did it before and worked well...so I pray to god this works...ohh and I can't use the same pipe I had before?I didn't even bother checking the holes on the cylender with the 1 on the pipe...and yes man I know I they need to make the whole for were the cylinder sits at bigger...lol..but thanks a lot ppl..you have no idea how much I apreciate this info...I hope to god tomorrow this works man...thanks..
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

I personally would NOT shave the crank unless he has the means to balance it as well. An out of balance crank will be a LOAD of trouble.
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

lol should have done your home work before you got that set up! You still need a big carb, definatly a large intake. You might need to play with the exhaust mounting too, the 54 is taller. I would rather have done like a 102 up to a 114, that way you wouldn't need to buy "large" stuff for it. also you wouldnt have to cut the case as much . By Putting a small carb, and a not so good exhaust wil defiantly hurt its performance. Also make sure you tune and jet it correctly, its very easy to seize that set up. Also make sure you get a temp gauge too, very important

Also DONT CUT THE CRANK!
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

some new noob got ride dio stroker have chickenskin and dripping water eyes , no wonder, why are he/she sell dio stroker running motor. :lol: watery eyes ! :shock:
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

LOL veedub you to much!
hows your "projects" going with you?
aloha
Darin
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

Y shouldent I cut the crank???and how do balance. It???ughhhh...what's the problems of I dnt balence it??I got this crank because ppl said it was possible...and when I took it to the machine shop the guy said there was no way possible..all the measurements were so not adding up....
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

Ohh...and yeahh I do have a 28mm carb and intake manifold...but mostlikly ima rejetd it and probably get a bigger 1...and I also..I rlly dnt know were to get the temp gaudge...
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

veedubh20 wrote:some new noob got ride dio stroker have chickenskin and dripping water eyes , no wonder, why are he/she sell dio stroker running motor. :lol: watery eyes ! :shock:

Um....??dnt rlly get ur joke..
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

tru72 wrote:lol should have done your home work before you got that set up! You still need a big carb, definatly a large intake. You might need to play with the exhaust mounting too, the 54 is taller. I would rather have done like a 102 up to a 114, that way you wouldn't need to buy "large" stuff for it. also you wouldnt have to cut the case as much . By Putting a small carb, and a not so good exhaust wil defiantly hurt its performance. Also make sure you tune and jet it correctly, its very easy to seize that set up. Also make sure you get a temp gauge too, very important

Also DONT CUT THE CRANK!

Is there any other crank that 54mm but not 52.6mm at the bottom...* huge....and either way there going to cut the crank and engine case kus my dads acting like an *...so of it come out like s*** ima be selling a WHOLe LOTTA parts that haven't been used...and some parts have only been ridin a hand full of times for about 5 to 10 min.....
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

Cutting the crank is going to trash it. Think of how fast its spinning around. Its sort of like when you go to get your wheels on your car balanced. They add weight in certain areas so that its nice and even or else it wobbles. Its the same way with the crank except that if it wobbles its going to destroy bearings and alot worse. Alot of time goes into balancing cranks for a reason and shaving any part of them for any reason is a very bad idea.
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

veedubh20 wrote:the bolt holes is very thin between case just like 1 paper , because of crank journal is big... that why, I dont like dio big stroker and will crack block.

here are the picture how look

http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q284 ... CT3449.jpg

the cylinder barrel need to open up bigger,,need to match ports, grind down crankcase, in order fit big stroker crank... need to get stroker pipe!

Hey dude...kutting the casings is going to destry the thread for the engine case screws...that's the problem...
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

thats why i said next time do your homework before jumping in to the lake...The only way to do that is to cut the case. Yes if done correctly you going to cut into 3 of the holes. done wrong then you cut into 4.. thats why i use a 51 crank instead of a 52.6 and run a 117 in my drag bike.
its not a big deal, its something that everyone who does a 52.6 crank have to deal with..
"DONT CUT THE CRANK"