need for more speed

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

need for more speed

Post by MySpree »

ok i want to go faster on my spree :twisted: but i dont want nos. i have an engine squish and a filed intake. what else can i do to make my spree go faster. i hit about 36-37 now on a little hill with a some wind. i also want to make my cluch springs stiffer, where can i get some.

(p.s. i know sprees were not ment for speed. i just want to give it a little help)

spree
MYSTERE1
Goped
Goped

Post by MYSTERE1 »

I just so happen to be on the same quest! Read the post in performance technical called.......clutch springs. That should help you a bit. Also get an expansion chamber exhuast built. You probably won't get more than 45mph out of her with out changing the gearing. but I don't know if there is a swap for our gears yet. You can modify the front pully to and that should get you some mor top speed but you will sacrifice your low end to do so. I think this is where clutch springs will come in to play.
Also ditch your stock air box nd get an aftermarket air filter (others my tell you different but this has worked for me) and up your main jet size. you will have to experement with jet sizes to find what works best for you. I personally am using a #80.

Thats about all I can suggest right now. unless you want to do an engine swap!!!

mystere
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

i was thinking bout an ngine swap. i know were i can get an aero angine for free but im not sure if an aero engine is better that an spree, and if so does it have a variator?
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

an aero engine would be great! get it! yes it has a variator. not sure if they sell any performance parts.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx