* happend?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

* happend?

Post by MySpree »

well yesterday night i brought my scooter engine to a lawn mower shop. they installed new piston rings and did something with my pipe and filed some jusk, i preety much told them make this engine go as fast as u can for 150$ well they did something to my engine and i ended up paying 210$ well it was all worth it. for some reason those guys did something to make my scooter go of the speedomider ther scooter is going faster than my speedo will tell me!! i did plugh chops and the engone was just how it was befor the plug was normal. now i want to get a didgital little speedo that i can mout next to the stock speedo. can eny explaine to my why its going so fast? and i know now what you mean about no control. its alot harder to comtrol how it is but my dad says he can put something together to make it better.
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

yeah, they rigged the speedo.lol

no but seriously, they are the ones to ask.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

no its not rigged i was driving next to my freinds aero and that thing goes 40 easlly and i was just smokeng him. and i have to slowly accel or else it speeds from under me, i have no back brake onley a front, not to salfe at those speeds whatever they are. ill ask what they did and ill tell u what they did so u can ge3t urs to go fast
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

that would be great. i should get my spree out again. i have kinda been neglecting it because of the "elite project" 8)
87' spree (SOLD
12' wrx
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

dude the thing is freaking me out. the scooter just is scareng me altho th eplugh cops came out good i still a a bit freakedon engine temp. do you know what type of temp gauge i can get for my scoot and were do i mount it to the engine so it reads the temp? :?:
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

just came back from one more ride around the neighborhood. foud one of those police things they put on side streets and drove by it. i was topping out at 47 and a struggled out 48. one thing i have noticed it that i am shooting out blue smoke. could that be becouse i dont have my air filter oiled? or what?
ferchja
Spree
Spree

Post by ferchja »

Blue smoke = Metal Burning (my guess is the rings and jug)

My guess is that you've exceeded the heat/friction with the 2 cycle oil/gas mix that it can handle at those speeds and the air cooling capacity of the design of the scooter and fins on the jug. It wasn't designed to go that fast sustained for endurance. (i.e. NASCAR engines last < 500 miles but can maintain 200+MPH; Honda Civic designed to sustain 55MPH but lasts 200,000 miles)

Which means that $210 you just spent is going up in smoke, blue smoke.

My $0.02
Jeremy Ferch
1985 Spree (NQ50) - Mid restoration
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

no its fixed now. i have a knew jug and piston and rings that the guy put on. it was just when he put the piston rings in he put oil in the oil in the chamber to get it nice and lubed, he said thats wha tht e bluw smoke was he told me to run the engine a bit more and i did and now no more blue smoke or eny other some that u can see. now its just how allo scooters are.
diosoljah
Spree
Spree

Post by diosoljah »

Cool!, I think maybe those guys at the lawn shop bored out the cylinder and prolly gave you a bigger piston...maybe. I would use some 2-stroke synthetics oil such as motul 800 or belray. I would also put a little in the tank. I mean...Id rather foul out a plug than seizing the motor.
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

go easy on it for like 20miles. to break it in. dont beat on it or u will blow it up.
87' spree (SOLD
12' wrx
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

yea i know its fun i have been keeping it at 35 but everyonce in a while i bring it up tp 47 for a couple of seconds yea teh moter does get really hot but the plug chops came out good so idk what to do. i m prelly gonna go get a fan you know just a regular old fan. i prolly an gonna go get one of those large computer fans with the blue leds in then so not onley does it kool my engine but it lights up. and would look kool at night.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

You were starting with an Aero 50, correct? What shop did you take it to?
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

yeah really i would like to know to
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

my freind works there and he was the one that showed me the place it called darrens mowers, its on if forgot what roads. ill get tback to you witht he exact location
:D
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

those results are pretty amazing for only $210. find out exactly what mods they did :!:
projects galore :nerd: