peds get bad rap

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

maddog
CB900F
CB900F

peds get bad rap

Post by maddog »

check out this artilce http://starbulletin.com/2005/07/31news/story2.html i hope this doesn't go through.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

the link doesnt work.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

http://starbulletin.com/2005/07/31/news ... .html#jump

try this.

my 2 cents.

this is bull s***! these freakin people ruin it for everyone else. if you dont know how to ride or cant handle the speed then stay the * off of them.now the rest of us have to suffer when our speed shops close because of this. its even worse for u hawaii guys.
87' spree (SOLD
12' wrx
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

yea thats the link, they even got the kymco speedo wrong, its kmh not mph, i bury mine all the time but its good for the smaller strokers.
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

how * is that.
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
Italia
Noob
Noob

Post by Italia »

I live in italy and mop 50cc max speed by law can't be over 45kmh but no one has a mop that goes that slow!!!
Aprilia scooters go even 95kmh original you have to just take off a screw on the carb and a ring in the exost pipe. When you buy them the dealer takes them off before you bring it home.
The cops have become more strict in the last few years but 45 is too slow you don't find anyone that didn't modify a mop.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

dude that is a load of crap, 35 at most!!!!! man, and dio spent all that money for nothing, we all know he is still gonna ride it :D
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

There are ways around this, though. If you read the verbage, legislators are upset b/c a modified scooter does not fit the legal definition of "mo-ped" (sic), i.e. 50cc, no faster than 30 MPH.

A modified scooter (esp. with big bore kits) can still be licensed and driven as a motorcycle. Even in states where they aren't titled (like MI) you can get an assembled motorcycle title with a bill of sale. The shops could get into this registration process on overbore scoots and save themselves a lot of legal hassle. We'll have to see if they step up or not.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
ferchja
Spree
Spree

Post by ferchja »

I love the pic where they show the speedo with the caption this "...speedometer shown above reads to 120 miles per hour" Of course if you look closer the picture shows the scale as km/h

:lol:

I sent him a flaming email lets see what happens
Jeremy Ferch
1985 Spree (NQ50) - Mid restoration
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

i emailed this to steve at vt to see if he has read it. this is what he had to say.

Yes I read it,

It was a hot topic yesterday and today. What happen was Eddie started to brag to some woman how fast his bike is. It does not go any 80mph, he wishes it does. And the report got so many facts wrong. The photo of the Speedo is not 120mph! It's 120Km/h. That's only 75mph. And the photo of the exhaust, that's a stock Vento muffler, not a performance exhaust. And it is not breaking the law to make a moped go fast. It is against the law to ride a modified moped on a public street or road way. We have built many mopeds to race down at Hawaii Raceway Park. That is a controlled environment and private property. How fast you go is not breaking the law on private property. That reporter needs to get her facts right. The Honolulu Star Bulletin needs to check their reports credibility before hiring them. The article was so one sided. What about all the good about mopeds. For every moped on the road, there is one less car. And with the high prices of gas!! I would hate to drive around during the day or early evening if there were less mopeds out there. The traffic would be unbearable.

The Police are not stupid. They have eyes and ears. They can spot a modified moped. If someone wants to run on the road with a modified moped, it is their risk they will get stop and a ticket with close to a $100.00 fine for modifications and another one for removing the restricters.

I am sorry, I just so * at the reporter that did not check all her facts before writing the artical. I guess they needed a extreme story to sell papers, no matter what. I going to boycott the Honolulu Star Bulletin Newspaper and ask my customers to do the same until they tell the other side of owning and riding a moped.

Talk to you later,
Steve VT
www.vtcycles.com
87' spree (SOLD
12' wrx
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

he sounded mad i woluld be 2 i am glad that the cops in michigan are not that smart.
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
diosoljah
Spree
Spree

Post by diosoljah »

yeah man! nah I got pulled over a couple of times for disturbing the peace while WOT near a ol folks home. Cant help but do that on a long stretch. Next time ill be more quiet cuz if I dont all of us riders will suffer if theres a ban.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

what will u do if the ban goes though dio?
diosoljah
Spree
Spree

Post by diosoljah »

Ill put on my aftermarket ddx air box (sharply reduces noise but still unrestrictive) and try to find that rare stealth pipe made by burial. Oh yeah and Ill put the original black engine covers. Ill go stealth man...unno sleepers. Or Ill keep it the way it is and go down to the race track, but what fun is that..if you know what I mean.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

The aftermarket speedometer shown above reads to 120 miles per hour.
that speedo is in km/hr! :?
New muffler: Shortened or modified mufflers -- most with larger-than-normal diameters -- also allow mo-peds to go faster.
the pictured muffler is a stock silverstone muffler! the kind i had on my vento b4 my upgrade. these ppl need to get their facts straight. :x

*edit* i see vette noticed my points already
Last edited by burnt_toast on Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
projects galore :nerd: