Repair shop costs, do it yourself?

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

kwosha
BMX
BMX

Repair shop costs, do it yourself?

Post by kwosha »

I have a 1983 Honda Aero50 I bough recently and I'm in the process of tuning up (i put a post in the technical area) but had a general question.

Why is it so hard to find a mechaninc to work on it? Is it just b/c it's older? Even the Honda/Yamaha motorsports place won't do it? I finally found a motorcycle garage that said they would do it and I'm a bit curious about the cost for this.

Does anybody have a BALLPARK figure (I'm in NC) it might cost for a mechanic to tune up a scooter (i.e adjust/clean the carburator and fuel system) that runs but has trouble starting when cold and poor perfomance at speeds over 12-15mph??

Thanks
Kevin
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

B/c you can easily spend more at a garage than the scoot is worth. Then they end up stuck with it when the owner won't pay up.

That's why this site exists. Have fun wrenching. We're here to help.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
kwosha
BMX
BMX

thanks

Post by kwosha »

thanks for the help and positive attitude! this site is awesome
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

adjusting carb and cleaning fuel system aren't hard to do. do it urself and have fun! tech forum is ur friend. :)
projects galore :nerd:
kwosha
BMX
BMX

warm fuzzy feeling

Post by kwosha »

wow this site is amazing. you guys have been awesome answering all my (stupid to you) questions! definitely fanning the fire of my new obsession. now all i need is time to work on the scoot!

but i'm amped about this...i was skeptical at first when i started having problems but i'm totally glad i bought that scooter now.
Tapia
Noob
Noob

Post by Tapia »

Love this site also! Lots of tech info here.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

if it wasent for this site i wouldent have ever got my spree running. i found the manual for my spree and thats all i needed and nowing that if i had a prob i could post and get help. :D