got her out running today!

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

twist
Goped
Goped

got her out running today!

Post by twist »

well, with the weather being 39 degrees today, I just had to go for a ride. she started right up! went cruising around the hood getting a lot of funny looks from people outside enjoying this nice break from the cold weather we've been having. can't wait until spring! :lol:
SpreeasyRider
Noob
Noob

Post by SpreeasyRider »

39 is still cold to me. I wont go outside till its at least 65
po89mm
Spree
Spree

Post by po89mm »

i did the same about a week ago at around 3A.
was prb in the 20's.

:cry:
timcat
Elite
Elite

Post by timcat »

i went for a ride the other day to my old house to get my truck my spree was 4 stroking the entire way there i think im gonna unplug the bystarter and put it back in i bet in warmer weather the thing will work better. as it is now that spree is in my old house im hoping to go back and get it today my truck was full of scrap and i had to leave the spree behind . but i think the d*** bystarter is to blame for the 4 stroking cause when i opened the air box up a wee crack it took off like it should is it possable its getting too little air with stock 65 jet and stock air box? and if it was 50 id be happy but 42 in a day or so will be way better than the 5 it has been
devenex
Elite
Elite

Post by devenex »

Probably just need to readjust the carb for colder weather. I've heard you want to turn the air screw out a tad and adjust the needle to be one notch richer.
1986 Spree w/ '87 SE50 motor
1985 Aero 50 w/ Dio motor: On Hold
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

devenex wrote:Probably just need to readjust the carb for colder weather. I've heard you want to turn the air screw out a tad and adjust the needle to be one notch richer.
It would QUIT 4 strokin of anything in colder weather. 4 strokin is a too rich inidcator.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

devenex wrote:Probably just need to readjust the carb for colder weather. I've heard you want to turn the air screw out a tad and adjust the needle to be one notch richer.
And this does nothing for WOT, only idle. This wouldn't cure the 4 stroking.
87 Honda Spree,
XX Yamaha YSR50
92 Yamaha Jog -> Stock.
05 Kymco Super 9-> My cruiser
xx Honda Gyro -> Man I gotta fix that.
98 Honda Elite S -> corsa, pg long, 24mm oko, ct chrome, ZX trans w/ ruckus variator, trailtech vapor gauges