soooooooo the gf ate it.

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

DoubleAey
Goped
Goped

soooooooo the gf ate it.

Post by DoubleAey »

it could have been alot worse.
it was her first fall.
sorry for the legnth. if you really dont want to read. you dont have to. =P
if your bored, your welcome for keeping you busy. lol

sooooooo we were just going for a nice stroll on the sprees and there was a turn we had to make. ive told her a million times to go slow over the turns especially when there is water. (plus the black spree she was riding is the faster, and has a bald back tire).

anyways, we were turning, i went fine, and as i went to speed up i heard this like scraping sound i think. i dont even remember. and im like what was that? and i heard some kids go "OHHHH" and i didnt hear my other spree accelerate.

now this isnt the first time shes ridden. but anyways, i turn around to see where she was, and there she was on the floor, with her legs to her side, and she was holding herself up with her hands. (so kinda like sitting, but with her legs to her side) and maybe a couple of feet away was the spree on its side just idling. i quickly turn around and im like oh shet. in my head (OH SHET OH SHET OH SHET) i had no idea how bad it was. i didnt see it happen. but all i could think of man this is gonna be bad.
lesson learned for her now (she wasnt wearing jeans. just shorts)

so i had to lift her outta the street, and move the spree which was still idling. she was about to cry it hurt, but luckily they were all scratches just on her knees. that id say ripped her epidermal layer of skin off. her hands were alright. i was hella surprised it wasnt as bad. there was a car behind us, that drove passed, but it seemed liek everyone in the neighborhood came to check on us. she was hella shaken, but we managed to get back home to clean her up.

=\ sucks. lesson learned for her. AND now all shes doin is complainin on how it hurts. lol oh and her knees are swollen/bruised. which i find weird. but she says it happens to her when she falls hard.
tucker
BMX
BMX

Ouch

Post by tucker »

Sorry to hear of the suffering of both. Nice to hear the neighbors cared and tried to help. I am always amazed at watching the neighborhood children fall off their bikes on the asphalt, look stunned, look at their scraped hands and knees, get right back up and keep going. That resiliency seems to leave us as we get older. Sounds like she might need some TLC. Happy trails.
qaz
BMX
BMX

Post by qaz »

Unfortunately, if you ride you will wreck at some time. She needs to dress better though, especially when you are just starting out. Put her back on the horse and tell her to ride baby ride!
TURN1
Spree
Spree

Post by TURN1 »

Good she's ok.

I remember when my girlfriend was with us riding mountain passes. She could hang with us...no chicken strips on her tires. She ran out of tire edge and low sided at about 50mph on a hairpin turn and the bike crashed into the mountain. If it weren't for full gear, I don't think she would've survived. Her ARAI was smashed to pieces. Took her in the ambulance, but she survived and still laughs about it today.

She still rides with us, but now she's da wifey. She still takes the turns deep, and out rides a lot of the guys :lol: My friends trip out when they see a little asian girl on a sportbike attack a turn.
Pass on the ALOHA Spirit!!!
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

NEVER EVER LET ANYBODY RIDE YOUR SCOOTER/MOPED, unless you know they will pay for it if something happens and they have experience driving scooters/mopeds.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:NEVER EVER LET ANYBODY RIDE YOUR SCOOTER/MOPED, unless you know they will pay for it if something happens and they have experience driving scooters/mopeds.
Wrong!

if its a chick, then its worth it. :lol:
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

my *...i let a chick ride my aero, she immediately crashed into a table. not worth it at all. busted the front panel, busted the headset. i was not amused.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

:lol: i let a chick on my old 92 when i still had it going, she dumped it in the grass but later that day she gave me a [CENSORED]. Totally worth it.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
Wheelman-111

CENSORED Scooter

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Was the "CENSORED" thing a DQ Banana Split? :) Inquiring minds want to know...
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Johnny5
Spree
Spree

Post by Johnny5 »

Let's see the damage! :D
slosquirrel
Spree
Spree

Post by slosquirrel »

There are two types of riders in this world:
1) Those that have gone down
2) Those that will go down

Your lady has just joined myself (along with most members I assume) in category numero uno! :P

Glad to here the damage to her and the bike were limited. My girlfriend just got an '02 Vino (we actually got a matching pair, they were both basically brand new). I have since derestricted mine and it rips, I let her try mine out now and she likes it but wonders when I do hers if I can leave some of the washer in the exhaust, cuz mine is "a little much" :roll:

I've "dated" chicks in the past that already rode, the last one had a 2005 R6. It was d*** sexy, but I wasn't that impressed with her riding abilities (atleast on the bike :wink: ), apparently though she liked mine on my supermoto, cuz I don't let ANYONE touch that, and the conclusion to that conquest was still favorable... :D

People at school and around town always get a kick when they find out that the same "kid" doing wheelies around town on his purple elite is the same one that passed them a few days earlier on the freeway while riding a wheelie on his supermoto at 90+...

And I wonder why Im part of the first group :?
2003---Suzuki V-Strom 1000
2001---Yamaha WR 426 Supermoto (CA legal)
2002---Yamaha Vino
1999---Honda Elite S
1996---Honda Elite SR (Only 4.7 Orig. Miles)
1989---Honda Elite E (FOR SALE)
1987---Honda Elite SE