Just purchased my 86 Spree, and have some questions :)

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

dreamer1uk
BMX
BMX

Just purchased my 86 Spree, and have some questions :)

Post by dreamer1uk »

Hi all,

Well, thanks to my friend assiting, i purchased a Black 86 Honda Spree :) Im very excited about this little machine. Ill post pictures tomorrow if i can find my USB cable for my Camera.

I do have a good few questions though, hopefully not too many to get answers for them.

1) Gaskets - We sell gasket material where i work for automotive apps. Will this material (Felpro and choice of cork, paper or rubber) be good to use as gaskets for the Carb. per se and other places?

2) Gasoline - What do you guys use for your Octane levels and why? I have always run 92 in my vehicles but wasnt sure how a 2 stroke would take to that.

3) Oil - I see that the GN2 is the one to buy but has anyone used that Valvoline 2 stroke oil?

4) Seafoam - Yay or Nay?

5) Fuel line and Vacuum lines - If i see issues with mine, do you guys recomend Honda replacements or will generic Vacuum and Fuel Line (or even Fuel Injection lines) be good for my needs?

Thanks to everyone who reads this and answers this Spree nooblet.

Take care all.
sanjuro
Elite
Elite

Post by sanjuro »

1. just order the gaskets from ronayers.com
2. unleaded only. putting in premium is just handing over free money to the oil companies.
3. use the honda shizz
4. nay
5. honda oem replacements from ronayers.com
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

I've made my own gaskets from automotive gasket felt. Carb doesn't need or use this type of gasket though.

"Generic" fuel line works fine, I prefer the clear Tygon tubing when I can find it.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

I've made my own gaskets before. I say if you van get the material for free, then make it yourself!
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

oh, and i use valvoline 2 stroke oil, get the motorcycle stuff though.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Hmm varying opinions..

On Spree: 87 or 89 octane, castrol 2t oil and a YAY on the seafoam, its good stuff and helps maintain internals
projects galore :nerd: