Spree info

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

Speedway_Kartworks
Noob
Noob

Spree info

Post by Speedway_Kartworks »

Ok, new to the forum, had a spree back in the late 80's , I have just aquired another spree. I want to do some upgrades on the engine, things like bigger cylider, aftermarket exhaust, bigger carb, gearing and so on. I know some might say just get a bigger bike but I like to tune on "toys".I find stuff on ebay for Honda dio, what is this? Will these products fit on my spree, if not where can I get some aftermarket tuning products, and I dont want to change engines, although the one someone else did on these forums sounds like it will rip, just want to take what I have and make it a little quicker.

Thanks in advance,
MG
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

No spree performance parts exist, port it out(raise the exhaust port 1 ring width), shave the head, port the intake manifold(it flows horribly), weld up a custom expansion chamber pipe.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

correction there appears to be a bore kit on ebay for the spree, check this thread out:

http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9176
projects galore :nerd:
Speedway_Kartworks
Noob
Noob

well, that answers that. Thanks Kenny. How are you rasing the exhaust port? by base gaskets or are you moving the sleeve?
Thanks,
MG
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

you're grinding away excess metal.
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Speedway_Kartworks wrote:well, that answers that. Thanks Kenny. How are you rasing the exhaust port? by base gaskets or are you moving the sleeve?
Thanks,
MG
Dremel a rings worth off the top, there is no sleeve, its a solid cast iron jug.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Speedway_Kartworks
Noob
Noob

Perfect, I gotcha.

Thanks
MG
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

Ebay has a 57CC kit for the sprees some guy is selling them. yes they are for the spree lol u have to up jet to a 75 or so
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC