off roading :]

The place to discuss rides, accessories, or whatever is tangentially Spree/Elite-related

Moderator: Moderator

drizzle
Elite
Elite

off roading :]

Post by drizzle »

you know you've done it.

how many take their scoots off road? i just spent the last 2 hours on my aero, riding the trails of the local forest preserve. never had more fun, dodging trees and "catching air" :D

good thing i didn't get a vespa! :P
Videonut
Spree
Spree

Re: off roading :]

Post by Videonut »

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

hahahahahahh
it tracks great with knobies
86 spree with honda cb750 rear shock
xr50 knobby tires, 32mph on slightly restricted craftsman air filter.
Scooter was stolen so i have to make it look good again
drizzle
Elite
Elite

Post by drizzle »

where can i get some knobby tires like those? i'm definitely gonna need them when winter rolls around...
mr pibbs
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mr pibbs »

1993 Elite - The Mad Max
akskoot
Spree
Spree

Post by akskoot »

I'm always mashing the aero off road. The spring for the center stand is too weak though, whenever I jump or bump, the center stand bounces then slams up. Either way, a good short cut is always just off the road. :shock:
1985 Aero 50--'87 AF05 motor, ported and polished, Ruckus Vari, 1.5K torque spring, 1K clutch springs, drilled exhaust/airbox,#85 jet, Pirelli 3.0-10s= 45mph flat
http://www.myspace.com/the1120s Image
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

I found some Innova knobbies on clearance a while ago (like $14 each). So I put yellow on a spare set of rims and my E really hooks now for camping trips or what ever offroad adventures I get into (although the motor is not always up to the challenge). I strongly recommend a second set of rims (so you still can run street slicks) for this if you are an agressive rider. :mrgreen:
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Turn signals are expensive, buy a PW50(illegally of course, be careful with these lead based toys) if you wanna have some real fun.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Videonut
Spree
Spree

Post by Videonut »

eliteguy50 wrote:I found some Innova knobbies on clearance a while ago (like $14 each). So I put yellow on a spare set of rims and my E really hooks now for camping trips or what ever offroad adventures I get into (although the motor is not always up to the challenge). I strongly recommend a second set of rims (so you still can run street slicks) for this if you are an agressive rider. :mrgreen:

hmmmm well at 30mph my knobbies are fine on the road too. i dont change them around. i like the way they wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr on the road
GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Post by GIJoeBob »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:Turn signals are expensive, buy a PW50(illegally of course, be careful with these lead based toys) if you wanna have some real fun.
I just ride my sons TY80 :lol:
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

You guys have fun on those things? My YZ250 pulls dirt ripping castor burning duty :P
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

808BMW wrote:You guys have fun on those things? My YZ250 pulls dirt ripping castor burning duty :P
Ever tried one?
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Videonut wrote:hmmmm well at 30mph my knobbies are fine on the road too. i dont change them around. i like the way they wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr on the road
yes, but when taking a tight turn(where the transmission cover touches the pavement) at 30 mph that wrrrrrrrrrr turns to "oh s***" as the knobbies slide out and lay the operater sliding across the road. then you get up and its "D***, another jacket shredded and set of plastics wasted." (learned from experience)
808BMW wrote:You guys have fun on those things? My YZ250 pulls dirt ripping castor burning duty
I thought we where sticking to scooters but if thats not the case, I accept and will bring my 450r (fully modded of course) to blaze the trail for your yz then spend the rest of my day putsing on the trail 110 (in cherry condition)
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

Kenny_McCormic wrote: Ever tried one?
A PW50? No, I don't have kids, and my "small bike" is my moped :P
eliteguy50 wrote:
808BMW wrote:You guys have fun on those things? My YZ250 pulls dirt ripping castor burning duty
I thought we where sticking to scooters but if thats not the case, I accept and will bring my 450r (fully modded of course) to blaze the trail for your yz then spend the rest of my day putsing on the trail 110 (in cherry condition)
You blaze trails on a modded 450r? My YZ250 is for track duty, I have a YZ426F I use for trails ;)

Ride blue!
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

crf450 kicks easier than the old 426(friend has one). used to run kx250 for mx & sx, but a tree stump in the grass on a xc run (fun with friends, not a race) made sure my hip will never handle landing a jump again. The tw200 and BW350 are like the 'moped' of the off road world and the Honda fat cat 200 is like the scooter of the off road world
eliteguy50 wrote:Ride blue!
sometimes (I prefer to only ride one at a time, 2 are hard to control at once).

took an aero 80 off road the other day and was suprised by the handling for having so much weight and street tires. It bottomed out a lot more but I associate that to the 26 year old metal springs.
The vino 125 is not recommended for off road as the brakes are too touchy.
Videonut
Spree
Spree

Post by Videonut »

[/quote]
took an aero 80 off road the other day and was suprised by the handling for having so much weight and street tires. It bottomed out a lot more but I associate that to the 26 year old metal springs.
The vino 125 is not recommended for off road as the brakes are too touchy.[/quote]

oH man you need to upgrade your shock.
put a heavy duty one on there
i got one and it works great and NEVER bottom out now and jump like a dirtbike too :mrgreen: