After 2 freagin years...I'm pleased to present: Proteus!

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

Proteus Premieres

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I'll admit my doubts about your commitment to The Scooter Faith at first but there can be none now. Exceptionally nice job!

If the Elite engine is a viable candidate for Spare Enginitude, may I suggest you leave the 2-bolt Aero block stock, and see if over time you can assemble the Elite with all the Go-Slightly-Faster Goodies you can scrounge. Make it as complete as your budget permits. Then transplanting block, wheel and pipe is a 2-hour affair.

When you want reliability (or top Resale Dollar), the stock engine is unbeatable. If you want to play at the pursuit of the 60MPH barrier, the Elite manifold opens more options.

With Proteus you have earned the title of Most Esteemed Master Aerophile.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
CharlotteSpreeRider
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: After 2 freagin years...I'm pleased to present: Proteus!

Post by CharlotteSpreeRider »

Man, I wish I were skilled and unlazy enough to pretty up my scoots like that. Killer job, dude.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Nice work! Feels great Eh?
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
Clivester
Elite
Elite

Post by Clivester »

LocoParaHonda wrote:It's strange how hard it is to turn off that "ok, what does it need next..." switch in your brain. Especially when it's trashed when you start with it, because there's never been a time when it didn't need something.
You know though.......... red decals on the side and front would look really good! Image

I applaud your tenacity in doing the research first and finishing up with a primo result. You created a beauty.

MODERATOR - change his username to "PlasticSurgeonPorHonda"!!!
Lambretta TV-175 (wish I'd never sold it!)
2005 Vento Phantom R4i 125cc (stolen)
1986 Yamaha XC180 Riva
1985 Honda CH150D Elite
1988 Honda SA50 LX Elite
1989 Honda SB50
2007 iScooter 150cc
2006 Roketa 150cc
2006 TNG Venice 50cc
Fishman43
Elite
Elite

Post by Fishman43 »

That looks great! I have some plastics that could use your "touch"
LocoParaHonda
Spree
Spree

Post by LocoParaHonda »

Wheelman-111 wrote:If the Elite engine is a viable candidate for Spare Enginitude, may I suggest you leave the 2-bolt Aero block stock, and see if over time you can assemble the Elite with all the Go-Slightly-Faster Goodies you can scrounge. Make it as complete as your budget permits. Then transplanting block, wheel and pipe is a 2-hour affair...

With Proteus you have earned the title of Most Esteemed Master Aerophile.
The Elite engine has had too many things stolen from it for the Aero to really try and work on it aside, though I have thought about also stealing it's joint throttle/oiling system. Though I'm not sure how much that would affect speed, if at all.

I almost gave up on my 85 after seeing how many improvements were made in the 86's and 87's, but I was just too attached to it. Polishing up my girlfriends 86 Aero is next on the chopping block for this summer, but for now I don't want to even look at a can of spraypaint, acetone or ABS plastic cement.

Clivester wrote: You know though.......... red decals on the side and front would look really good! Image

That's what I've been leaning towards. I thought about maybe having something like this (except a bit larger) placed in the middle of the side panels:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VINTAGE- ... 27b17ea657

I was also tossing this around... :smile:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Honda-gas-mask-STIC ... 895ed3bc21
85 Honda Aero 50 w/kickstart and Keli variator. (Proteus)
86 Honda Aero 50
87 Elite 50-S parts ped