N4S Motorwerx "Imported Insanity" Drag Bike

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Re: N4S Motorwerx "Imported Insanity" Drag Bike

Post by tru72 »

baka, no the msp is way fatter, and better designed in the cones. I used mines once, but never really tuned it, but i know of someone else who has one. Pretty * top end. seems like the rpm range is really low. Nice bottom, decent mid range throttle response. I told him thats what the pipe is suppose to do before he bought it. Thought it would have made more power on the top. Yms also has a skinnier "J" section, and very long..

wiguy05, Same here man, I get nervous at times thinking about the testing!

frknlo87, yes i am in hilo, stop by and introduce your self and ill show you the bikes in person.
frknlo87
Noob
Noob

Post by frknlo87 »

I wish. I was there for work pretty much the whole last year. We painted the roads with a big orange truck. Maybe if I come up again for work I'll stop by. Thanks for the offer though
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

frknlo87, anytime man! im always happy to show people and get them pumped up to go out and build bikes!
Snowman94
BMX
BMX

Post by Snowman94 »

Hello TRU, awesome build. That thing is going to be quick. I wanted to ask you if you think it is essential to stretch the bike in order to run in the 8.9s in the 1/8 mile? How much is it trying to lift in the first 60ft. Also, what gears do you run in the 1/8? I am thinking about going with a taller gear to make launch a little lighter and top end faster. I am about to build up a stroker 125cc engine but I would rather not stretch the bike. Want to keep as stock a look as possible.
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

Snowman.. IMOP a stretch helps but not needed if you figure out the launch. I just do it becasue its one less thing i have to really worry about off the line. I sit on the tip of the seat on launch, then slide back into my seat. Its been all put into my calculations on weight distribution when Placed everything. LOL unlike what people think I really do my home work when building something. On this build im going with "heavy" because i know the speeds ill hit will be unstable. My pink bike is liek that at times already if my positioning is off. Remember going fast on a track is all about the 60ft time.. MPH only means you have a good top end power. Not saying that mph isnt important. gearing all depends on the motor set up, pipe.. everything comes into play. I ran gears from 5.5 to stock gearing. I usually run 8 to 1 in my bike, but for the next race im going 9 to 1, I want the bottom. I figure if i can get my 60ft times to 1.89 i can get to that 8.3 goal. My current 60ft is 1.94/1.97.. Good luck in your build, my suggestions to you is to make sure you a wide variety of gearing, jets, weights and springs. I make Jetting changes as the day goes by for corrections in the temp. Thats why having the ability to test at a track is your best bet for tuning ..
numbers dont lie..
aloha
D
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

Hey D ,you tried the 8.5to1 gears yet?I know for sure the 9to1 gears going get you a very good launch and the 1/8th time should be faster.thats what we ran on our race bike back in the day.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

Baka.. i couldnt find a set in my junk pile so i opted for the 9.0 hahaha! but definatly my next choice of gearing. I figure i take one run with the 9.0 and if its crap, then i change the gears right there at the track..
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

I think the 9to1 gears going be just right for the 1/8th. I think your 60ft time going be around 1.79sec if you don't spin da tires off the line.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

LOL spinning tires isnt my concerns!! flipping over is!! haha
i hope to get some on board vids, if i do ill make sure and post them!
aloha
D
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

tru72 wrote:LOL spinning tires isnt my concerns!! flipping over is!! haha
i hope to get some on board vids, if i do ill make sure and post them!
aloha
D
rahja dat! :2thumbs:
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

well I Put a dummy motor in and found that i had to move somethings around. Wasnt thinking clearly when i did some mounts. So after doing that stuff I finally did the nitrous wiring, what a pain lol.. Got it all working, flipped the switches and everything is in working order. Timers works great, if i could program it.... called the manufacture and they said to send it back.. I hope i can get it back next week in time for the race.. Ill get some photos on the wiring set up on monday..
elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by elitedio »

Nice setup. Curious why you didnt cut the seat height and particularly the bar height down. Would really help with weight transfer and wheelies. When I was dragging my FZR 1000 I would have the forks as low and stiff as I could go to get a good launch. I don't think I ever saw a 1.8 60 foot when I was riding.
1989 Elite E with 86cc Dio
Rumia 50mm bore, mini-stroker, 28mm Oko, modified m-x pipe, Carbonfiber reinforced frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSvdjxvBUA
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

the main reason for making my own back section was to basically make it look nice. The original frame would stick on the sides of the seat. I have them somewhere of the original bike i did. Its hard to explain , but once you see the seat, then it becomes more clear. This project was set up for no stretch , to keep the 'S" look as much as possible. Again i have to look for the other pics ..
Snowman94
BMX
BMX

Post by Snowman94 »

Did you get a chance to get the NOS figured out? Would like to see some pics because this build is exactly what I want to do.

I just picked up another elite bike with some mods done to it but it has massive busted plastic. It is a 2001. Going to use it as a practice engine unless I find a stroker crank in it. It has an extra stock crank with it so I am hoping for the best. It also has what the seller called an 86cc bore and an OKO carb hanging WAY outside.

I am pretty much addicted at this point!
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

well went the races saturday, didnt take my nitrous bike since the timer wasnt working. It suppose to get here tomorrow i hope. Tried the 9.0 gears mph was down, 69, 60 ft went from 1.97 to 1.95. Weather was really muggy and my tuning was off. Last run before the rain i did a 8.8. So it was coming around. Also ran my bike with alcohol, didnt take a run cause i needed more jetting but from what i seen it looks very promising. If i get my timer back tomarrow ill take a vid of the testing of the solenoids with the timer set up.
aloha
D