N4S Motorwerx "Imported Insanity" Drag Bike

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Re: N4S Motorwerx "Imported Insanity" Drag Bike

Post by tru72 »

got the timer in today!!
Last edited by tru72 on Tue May 18, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Looking great so far, glad to see you're making progress. Looking forward to the NOS timer setup vid
:popcorn:
projects galore :nerd:
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

Jus got the timer set up, took this short vid on what it sounds like. Ill get a better detail vid tomarrow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDVayeGSlaY
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

Added some stuff to the pic page!
aloha
D
Fishman43
Elite
Elite

Post by Fishman43 »

Sweet! I like the throtle switch.
losthope
Elite
Elite

Post by losthope »

Sorry if i missed it skimming through the thread, but i was wondering how you are supplying fuel for the wet setup? electric pump? thanks
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

Burnt.. How ya doing man! saw that crank, hehe just be happy that it didnt tear up the block like some i encounter here!

Fishman.. I didnt want to use a button to activate it. I figured if i hard to slack the gas and try to release a button at the same
time, I know that its really hard to do 2 things on a bike especially since your holding on. Also doing the throttle in stead of the button will eliminate the chance of no throttle and still on the NOS, which i can see seen being dangerous and crashing or blowing it up.

Losthope.. Yes i am using a fuel pump, its placed under my floor board! Still have to clean up the wiring for that and my kill switch today. Im pretty sure as well a purge solenoid will be used as well. LOL figured i have a big bottle and want to make sure I get the most bang for the buck!

aloha
D
FactStraightener
Noob
Noob

Post by FactStraightener »

Hello,

tru72, what size is your motor that you ran the 8.69 run (you should add the third digit, the thousandths because although small, races are won and lost because of it)? Was that run made with standard pump gasoline?

Thanks

Oh, soon there will some revelations regarding some posts by someone claiming to have done a lot of things never done. Why? Because it is insulting to those who are the real deal. Take yourself for example. Let's just say for this example that you ran a 9 second run and no one else ever did it but you. Or, maybe your moped hit 60 mph and nobody else has done it. Then when you tell someone of your accomplishments, they tell you, "Ah, that's nothing! My friend does 8 seconds", or "My friend's bike do 80 mph", when you know that it isn't true. That means that all of your hard work of trial and error is now made to look bad simply because of someone who goes around telling things that aren't true, right? Well, I know a lot of riders and what they did/didn't do and can clear the air of a lot of the stories heard/being told. I am not interested in hurting feelings, but if people don't want their feelings to be hurt, they should not fabricate stories. I'm only interested in facts, true facts.

Aloha
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

That motor was my 121cc, when I first ran it was awesome, figured it was going to get closer to geroge's time of 8.3 . So as usual I did some changes to it and went backwards, now im slowly getting it back down again., 8.8 is where i seem to be stuck at the moment again. Last race I had a bad time there, missed tuned it out of the park. Didnt take into consideration that the weather was so muggy. Only in the evening when it cooled down she finally got it back around and back into the 8s. I think it was a 8.8@69mph then it rained. Improved on my 60ft times with a gear change. Now after that run I know that im going in the right direction again, I hope haha. With my old moto which was a 117cc the best i got was 8.8, then switched bores. Was checking over my bike yesterday and found a few things that need to be addressed before the next race for sure. Hopefully with those changes it will get back faster, if not my diet plans need to be changed hehe.

With this NOS bike i plan to run a 51x51 to test the system. Its built out of all old parts, figuring in case it blows its not a total loss haha.
I only use race gas, pump gas was a never a option. We use now c12 oxygenated stuff, usually I get for the guys c14, but it wasnt available at the time, so the 12 it is. Used to run c 16 but even with the compression boost I seen all of the guys and myself with a small mid range lost, like a stock car, or isnt better.. Its just to much octane.
Wheelman-111

TruthTeller

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I must have missed the Memo. Was StraightFactener elected or appointed to the post of Official HondaSpree.net TruthTeller? Lies are to be expected in these Fora, and part of the fun. Some of us are equipped with enough sense to identify the :bs: without your uninvited assistance.

Wheelman-111
Flash3:
0-60 MPH: "Same Day Service"
Top Speed: 62.5 MPH
60-0 Braking: Sooner or later.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Fishman43
Elite
Elite

Post by Fishman43 »

Did the 4:20 Train get renamed... again

Fishman43
Aero
0-60: Not gun-a happen
Top speed: Enough to stay out of the grill of cars as long as they aren't speeding
Top Speed-0: I hope in time to avoid the tow ball hitch on the truck in front of me
GN Racer
Goped
Goped

Post by GN Racer »

Hey tru72-

I'll be flying over there with some friends to check out the Memorial Day drags. Wish I could be racing instead of just watching, but oh well....

Will you be racing at that event?
Geoff

'85 Aero 50 w/Dio 66cc
'87 Elite 50 w/Dio 72cc
'87 Spree -SOLD!
Puch Magnum
Yamaha Razz POS -Soon to be Dio powered!
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

Wheelman & Fish that kinds of post are the reasons i dont post my work in the hawaii forums. Unlike here we all share a common intrest, the love of mopeds in general weither it being a Aero, Spree, Jog, Chinese 4 stroke or what ever. I jus like to share my work with other people around the world and show what can be really done if you have a open mind, and have fun doing it.

GN I dont race that club , they dont allow us there. We will be at the Outlaw Races that is held by the big island hotrod association. I have their schedule somewhere , and ill gladly let you know the upcoming dates. What i was trying to do was set up a couple of spare bikes, and tell people if they want to come over to race all they have to do is bring a motor and drop it in. Well thats going to be the plan once i find more bikes to make racers out of them.
keep in touch

the next race for us is on June 12th
heres a link to the race schedule http://islandracer.com/ click on BIHRA
FactStraightener
Noob
Noob

Post by FactStraightener »

Hello tru72,

Thank you for your information. When you say George, are you talking about someone up there in the Big Island? Or are you talking about the George down in Oahu from Cycle Imports? I have never seen any proof of a George from Cycle Imports running any 8.3 second run. Fill me in please.

Has anyone beat that 8.659 100cc record that the shop TobaTech set on Oahu yet? That motor was run on regular Tesoro pump gas.

Regards
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

In fact , yes that was by george at cycle imports. There was a post awhile back in the hawaii forums that people was showing the time slips. All that time i went on the fact that dave had that record untill GB buss out a 8.3 time slip..pretty impressive to say the least. Im not to sure on what the motor size Dave really was using. I have talk to alot of people who was there and saw those races and they all have different numbers and stories. Still awesome stuff to hear about the old days of racing. If it was a 100cc then pretty awesome feat to say the least, but as you know in drag racing unless its class specific, its run what you brung, race gas or not, Nos or no Nos. At the last raced a 50x51 set up with nos showed up finally, LOL was suppose to be built "kill" me. They ran a low 11with it, Im sure the next time out they will be faster! Thats why im trying to finish up my NOS bike as well. I wish you guys still had a track up there in oahu, there would be alot of people doing showing their time slips. It sure would be interesting to seen the times people can produce. As for me if i can beat those numbers that george put out and the dave nos numbers i would be happy, but once i do, my honda bikes are going to be sidelined. Im planning already in building a minarelli based drag bike next to beat my numbers..
aloha
D
Oh yeah , "welcome to the spree/elite forums"!

PS people who dont know who dave it this is a link for some info on him. Enjoy!
http://trxtrs.i8.com/about.html
http://hawaiianx.com/videos/videodirectlink-1188.html