(SMS)...Sleeper Moped Society

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Re: (SMS)...Sleeper Moped Society

Post by C3Killer »

It really is nice. This was my first attempt at auto paint and it came out really well. I do have enough paint set aside for the other panel. I have lots of other colors too, so if I get tired of the orange next year, how about silver, or midnight blue with pearl tinted clearcoat, or chevy sunset orange, it really doesn't take much paint to do these little moped plastics.
C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Post by C3Killer »

Ok, tonight I got some goodies in from the post man......BradThree sent me an ignition and killswitch so now everyone can't just come up and start it. :ndance: And a little secret came too.....I'm going to keep ya'll in suspense until it gets done.......but here are some pics....it should be done this week. I will drop everything off tomrorrow.~~>

Spreetography
BMX
BMX

Post by Spreetography »

Man, it came out great especially for your first attempt! Im great with the spray bombs, havent got the nerve to use the real thing yet, but thats coming soon. I figure I'll be ok since I understand the techniques...its the mixing and all the different problems like fisheyes, wrinkles, and all the other chem. reaction problems thats a bit daunting to me lol. Love the keychain. Looking forward to seeing the whole thing!
"Great opportunities are often missed, being mistaken for work." :D

1985/86 Spree mixture
tha juggalo boss
Goped
Goped

Post by tha juggalo boss »

that thing is lookin sweet!! are you done painting yet- post some more photos! whats the secret?? :woot:
It is what it is-I drive a Cadillac-but I still love riding my elite!!
C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Post by C3Killer »

I'm done painting for now (well, after I polish the paint, its a little dull from wet sanding), as soon as I get my left rear panel found from somewhere I will paint again, this time painting some of the wheels, I think I am going to go with a chrome and "color matched" wheel. I don't know what design yet, but I'm sure it will look killer. The surprise isn't done yet........its being made......yeah, suspenseful!! I will post pictures of it as soon as its out of the shop. I have that AF18E motor coming in, I didn't really want to put it together until that gets in, but I will need to take video of my motor in action, so I may post pictures sooner than I thought. The motor should be getting in any day now......yay!
johnkiniston
BMX
BMX

Post by johnkiniston »

I'm Curious, what do the toggle switches do?
tw39515
Elite
Elite

Post by tw39515 »

I think thats what the secret is?
87 elite dio
01 elite 50
87 aero parting out
85 spree sold
C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Post by C3Killer »

The switches were for the "ignition" and "engine cut off" switches. The previously owner didn't care if it had a key or not. As you can see from my previous posts, I have fixed this. Now I have 2 dummy toggle switches. I'm sure I will come up with some reason to use them, but for now, they are nonworking. The suprise secret isn't out of the shop. They are the best at what they do, so I don't want to rush them. Depending on how it comes out, I may start taking orders........any ideas on what it could be?
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

C3Killer wrote:The switches were for the "ignition" and "engine cut off" switches. The previously owner didn't care if it had a key or not. As you can see from my previous posts, I have fixed this. Now I have 2 dummy toggle switches. I'm sure I will come up with some reason to use them, but for now, they are nonworking. The suprise secret isn't out of the shop. They are the best at what they do, so I don't want to rush them. Depending on how it comes out, I may start taking orders........any ideas on what it could be?
replacement left side panels :geekdance: :?:
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Post by C3Killer »

If only it were that easy! A hint....it is something that came on the bike already, I'm just making it better. :nervous:
drizzle
Elite
Elite

Post by drizzle »

my guess is a *' new seat?
C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Post by C3Killer »

Thats one guess......
sum-azn-kid
Elite
Elite

Post by sum-azn-kid »

is VeeDub's badass motor in this bike yet? i love the styling of this bike it looks mean with the sharp lines, and killer paint job.
2007 SYM DD50- baby blue 72 "Daily rider"-sold
1988 Honda SB50P-on going project
zuma 125-sold
Ninja 250r-totaled
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

C3Killer wrote:any ideas on what it could be?
hmmmm, are you slammin' this scoot? fabbing a bracket so it will fit on the back of a Vette so that you can truely get this scoot up to speed?
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Post by C3Killer »

You guessed it, swapping in an LS1 to beef up the power just a little bit. I should get pictures up tomorrow of SOMETHING.....I'm right in the middle of moving my house so everything has been on standby, the motor hasn't come in yet..... :(