Spreezilla (campground cruizer)

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

Levi
Noob
Noob

Spreezilla (campground cruizer)

Post by Levi »

Thanks for all the help lads. I thought I'd share some photos of my completed campground pounder with you all.
This started off over here. http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =4&t=15061 But since I've done the work it's technically a build thread now.
The info on this web forum is really great. I was able to research different scoots, what parts went where and how to do a motor swap in a matter of days. Motor mount mods, shock mount particulars, which cables worked with what parts...With said knowledge I was able to do a motor and fork swap in about five hours with no real challenging guess work other than a few questions about the peripherals. Thanks again!

How ya like that shock mount? However, I really dont understand what everybody was complaining about with regards to welding on the frame. Its really not all that thin. Heat control guys Also, I found out that Rustolium high temp Silver (BBQ paint) is an exact match to the factory silver frame paint.
Thanks again for all the great info. :coolcruise:
Cheers, Levi
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Re: Spreezilla (campground cruizer)

Post by mustangwagz »

Good Welds man. I'd Run it! lol

ive seen bird * lookin welds over the time (and some that looked like indians shot it full of arrows then rode off) and like i said, i'd ride it!
-Zac :coolcruise:

1981 HD-Ironhead Sporty. 1000cc, 4 speed, drag pipes, and drag bars.. (chic/cop magnet)
72 Rupp Roadster 2 (aka. RUMP ROASTER!!)
05 vinson
78 bronco (Log skiddin Hog!!)
Fishman43
Elite
Elite

Post by Fishman43 »

Looks good, extra clearance for those rocky campgrounds.
drizzle
Elite
Elite

Post by drizzle »

that's pretty sweet. i bet it'd make one * of a campground cruiser with an XR50 front end :naughty:

i dont think anybodys tried that actually lol
Fishman43
Elite
Elite

Post by Fishman43 »

Enough people have jumped them, you think someone would have tried.... :wink:
Levi
Noob
Noob

Post by Levi »

Thanks for all the kind words gents.
I'm not sure an XR50 fork would hold up my fat *... I'm a shade over 200lbs and even the elite forks and rear shock are a little soft.
Well... Now I'm getting greedy with the little thing. So I ordered a Polini big bore kit for it, Fleebay "racing" variator and tuned pipe off an Aprilia SR50. Not really sure what I'll get for a the variator but it was so cheap I couldn't refuse. Might be crap but I'm ok with finding out. The pipe is going to take a little fitting but I'm not to worried about that. It's the tuning I'm a little concerned with.
I need to figure out if the pipe is going to be too hot blooded for the port timing of the Polini cylinder and then adjust the roller wieghts and header length untill I get it all to play nice.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Cheers,
Levi
86spreezy
Noob
Noob

Post by 86spreezy »

I had a spree with s forks before with costum reinforment frame an frame was shorten on back end for a drag look also front end was super slammed and was one of the meanest 72cc around lmk if you guys want pics
drizzle
Elite
Elite

Post by drizzle »

of course we want pics!
Levi
Noob
Noob

Post by Levi »

Aurora, IL... isn't that Wayne and Garth teritory? Party on!
86spreezy
Noob
Noob

Post by 86spreezy »

Here you go ill post more of it it later sad thigh about it was that some dummy jacked it.

I will also start a thread later to keep you inform on my 89 e build with live headset and dio conversion motor.

Levi
Noob
Noob

Post by Levi »

Well... 25mph was just to slow even for me. When it takes an hour round trip to get more beer and it's warm before your back to camp you haven't much choice other thatn to break out your welder and flex your credit card a few times...
Sooooo.....
A big bore kit, an three reed valve, a big arrache carb,a fleebay variator and tuned pipe off an Aprilla make a HUGE diffenance.
Geeting it all to play nice was a little tricky but all said and done it's a blast to ride. I took a gambleand made the header a little longer than the original Aprilla because I wan't to get on the pipe a little sooner. Let's just say it played out well. :surprise: It gets on the pipe just off idle and screams.
Even with the super low SE50P 11:1 gears it has no problem doing 40 on level ground with my fat * on it. I've got 7's and 8's in it right now but I'm planning on trying some 6's and 7's next. I'm also building a clip on rear seat and some fold out pegs for my better half to go with me. We'll have to see how that works out. It may just be too much for this little scooter.

Levi
Noob
Noob

Post by Levi »

Well... Spreezille ended up not cutting it. Had plenty of power but handled poorly in the dirt. The big problem was that when I would stand up on it to handle the big bumps the wieght distabution was all kinds of wrong and made for some very hairy monents.
So... with the ablitly to stand up on it and not fall on my *... I picked up a tomos moped and tricked it out, fleebay shocks, some big forks and some big o'knobby tires. 70cc's and paint job and it does everything I need.
So thanks for all the help with the spree but it just didn't work.