N4S Motorwerx "Imported Insanity" Drag Bike

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Re: N4S Motorwerx "Imported Insanity" Drag Bike

Post by tru72 »

Posted up some new additions to the Nos bike. Will be testing it this weekend. Using a 10 shot instead of 6, changed gear ratios for more bottom end, Added stretch mount in anticipation of wheelies! Foot pegs, motor brace.
enjoy!
Fishman43
Elite
Elite

Post by Fishman43 »

Why a shock mount and a "stiff rod", by the way posting pictures of your stiff rod can get you in trouble with the morality police :naughty:
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

Well the shock is solid but when you apply power the motor still pivots upward on the motor mount since it's not a solid mount. So the" *" rod keeps the motor all tied into the frame.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

You need to make the mount solid to the frame and let just the motor assembly pivot on the mount. It won't hurt anything on a track only machine.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

yeah bear, been thinking about doing a solid mount for awhile, im sure on my other project im just going to build a mount integrated into the frame... Another thing about having that side brace is it keep the motor from sagging to the right.
C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Post by C3Killer »

I want to see updated pics! :blah:
toad772
Elite
Elite

Post by toad772 »

FactStraightener wrote:Good point. I would have liked to have seen the post and the photo of the slip on the forum but like GN Racer said, it's gone for some reason. That is too bad. If he did beat Dave, that is an awesome run. But I haven't had that chance to see it. As far as going down to his shop, I pass. He has a well known rep for treating people not too nicely, depending on his mood. I do know one thing. He has never beaten Dave on any cruise, ever. Not even from the old days, either him or his brother James. There was a cruise a few years ago in which they brought out their fastest water cooled bike. Dave had his watercooled bike but it wasn't even a race. What was a race was one of Dave's friends riding one of his air cooled strokers. While that in itself may not seem too impressive, take into account that the rider was over 300 pounds. From what I heard it was a neck and neck race, going back and forth between them. Now that is impressive to me, an air cooled bike with a 300+ rider going up against a watercooled bike.

If you think this kind of talk is fuel for fire, you have much to learn. I am interested in truth/facts, not fabrications, maybes, or I think so's. If this is not logical to you, then I have just lost a lot of respect I had for you. IF you ever beat Dave's or George's time one day, I hope that there is someone just like you who promotes non-factual things. I hope that a guy starts saying that he has a friend who beat you after all your hard work and time invested into making your bike a record setting bike. Only then you will know how those who really did set the records feel, and you will feel badly. Sure, you joke now and say, "As for what is real or not, who cares? Its all about having fun.. I like racing because its a way to have fun with my friends on the track and show the public that we support the "off the street racing". You seem to be here to be here just to keep adding fuel to your own fire for the sake of an argument."

Do you know the difference between a question and an argument? It is YOU who are turning this into an argument. I simply asked some simple questions of which the answers have not been proven. While I agree that it is not up to you to prove them to me, I was hoping that perhaps you had made a copy of that forum discussion and perhaps a pic. That would have both answered my question and satisfied me.

But my original purpose of posting here was not even about George until he was brought up. I was interested in what you had and what kind of fuel you were running. You seem to think that size doesn't matter "as long as we're having fun", but it does. This is a competition, yes? In any speed competition involving motors there are different classes for engine sizes, types of fuel, types of forced induction, body styles. You should know this and probably do. Your argument that it is all fun is weak. If it's all for fun, why drop your bike to get better aerodynamics? Leave it stock height and run for fun. Why run oxygenated fuel if it's just for fun. Because it isn't just for fun. It's for serious. You take this very serious. Right now, you seem to be the fastest guy up there, but believe me, as soon as someone steps up to your times and speeds and maybe even beats you, it won't be fun for you anymore, I can guarantee you that. You will put yourself in high gear and do everything in your power to beat that guy. For fun? Partly, but more for getting your placing back. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me I'm lying. Anyone on this forum, tell me that I'm not telling me the truth, then map it out and explain it to me. There were some people here on Oahu who had pretty fast bikes, and they went around saying this and that, so I told them, "If you really want to see who is the fastest, everyone run the same thing. Run the same bike style and frame, the same drop, rider weight, the same size engine, carb, pipe, fuel, and then it will not be determined by any other factor but how good a motor the builder made. He (Dave) is in retirement and his records are pretty old. His 8.659 second 100cc was made back in '98 (12 years ago) and his nos runs with those stretched out bikes were in '00, 10 years ago. Do you not agree that in that span of time of a decade or more than there are a lot better parts offered to racers than back then? If not, try getting some of the old stuff they raced with and try going that fast. I'm sure you'll find it a good challenge. Also, all of those runs were made with straight 28mm carbs.

But I seemed to have touched upon a nerve in you and that is too bad. I am not sorry, for I did not mean to do it, rather, it is how you reacted to it.

Another well known fact is that the Oahu track was for lack of a better description, junk. Even mainland funny cars and rails that ran here were up to 1 second slower than what they clocked in the mainland. The track was purported not to be level and actually slightly uphill, and a lot of races were run against some pretty strong headwind. The concrete launch pad was slippery too.

But since you brought up the name of Achi, I will address some questions I have about his 'supposed' runs also. He claims to have had an '87 elite with a 120cc watercooled engine capable of hitting 112 mph (radar gunned he claimed), or with short gears he could get up to 90 mph with 60 foot times of 1.8 seconds and a 13.86 1/4 mile time. Sorry to tell you this, but back when mopeds were allowed to run the full 1/4 mile, they did not give out 60 foot times to mopeds, and they also didn't give out time slips for street racing, only sanctioned events. So, where did those numbers come from if not from the track? I know he was not the only person who ran a moped on Oahu down the full 1/4 mile. If you know anyone who has, ask them. Ask them if they ever got a 60 foot time, or a time slip at the end. They only announced it over the loudspeaker, that's all. He claims to have spent 10k on his bike. Do you know how much 10k bought back then? You could have bought a brand new liter class bike for that kind of money. He also claims that he never raced TobaTech out of respect, but he did, and lost. There were other people there besides the two of them. They raced right in front of his shop down that straight street and even though TobaTech's bike did not have a wheeliebar, his bike took Achi's bike from off the line through the top end. Honestly, his bike didn't even have the power to hit an 80mph level ground run. It was a watercooled bike and he said he also ran tall gears. If he did have that kind of power to hit a 13.86 1/4 mile time, he could have taken that bike out on the weekly cruises/races that met at Zippy's and should have won a lot if not everyone, right? Does not my facts make sense? Or are you going to ignore facts? His posting is still here:

http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... w=previous

So, in order for me not to get you all angry when all I'm after is truth and proof, how's this then. There are many many riders out there who claim that they can hit 100 mph on a moped. I'd like to see them do it, any of them. It is obvious that they do not know the laws of physics and aerodynamics. I don't want any GPS speeds simply because they aren't as accurate as a radar gun and I personally have seen GPS speeds off as much as 8-12 mph. Some even more. Now, I'm talking about a level ground run here, not a blast down a steep mountain. I will tell you this, a moped's downhill top speed is just about 10 mph faster than it's flat ground speed. This is a proven average. So if a bike claims to be able to hit 112 on level ground, it will hit at least 122 on a downhill run.

To the moderator, I read your post saying that lies are to be expected on the forums, and it may be fun to you people, but not to serious persons racers or just fans. Lying only does one thing. It lowers yourself as a person, and it only causes problems. Do you think that Nascar guys go around lying like moped guys? No, for the simple fact that they know that when the truth comes out (and it does so after awhile) they end up looking bad and have lost the respect of their fellow racers, is this true to your thinking? How about any sport that involves speeds and timers. Does it follow reason that those who lie are frowned upon? From what I am gathering here is that while other sports adhere to a certain code of conduct and honor, moped racers don't and I wonder why?

But I have said my piece of mind today and am okay with it as I have told no lies and only sought to get truth, no matter who's truth it is. I will pass along tru72's statements to TobaTech and I will be very interested in seeing his reaction. He may just ignore it, or he may give up the big bikes and start on mopeds again. Just so that you know, mopeds isn't the only thing's he raced or stunted. He still has a stunt team which performed at the Cycle City parking lot in April. I went to see that and saw some Ruckus riders there so I am sure that this information went back to Achi. He holds several records in street bikes as well.

As for you tru72, your hostile attitude was not nice nor appreciated. I truly hope that you can see that I was only after truth, that's all. How would you like it if I were to respond to you in the same manner if you had asked me some simple questions like I did? To the rest of the readers on here, I apologize if my postings have brought some negative feelings to your forum. but truth and logic cannot be ignored for they are what brings out the best in all of us.
You are so obsessed with facts but yet you keep calling scooters mopeds
PS3 it only does everything.
toad772
Elite
Elite

Post by toad772 »

Sorry for bringing that guys post back up. As posted by C3 I would also like to see some new pics of your scooter.
PS3 it only does everything.
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

got the foot pegs mounted already. Hope the next race ill have someone to take some action pics for me ;). I have decided that the next race im going to put as much Nos into that small motor till it blows. Im figuring about a 25 shot of nos might handle but if anything im sure the studs will pull out of the block before the piston goes. This bike was built for of course trying to beat the Toba record of 8.1 in the 1/8 mile but more important to test the Nos system. After im done going as fast as possible with this 104cc motor it will be replaced with a 121/125cc to set a really fast 1/8 mile time. Now this this is the biggest reason for me to test the Nos, i want to try to beat the PM tuning moped 1/4 mile record of 11.90 @ 103mph
http://www.youtube.com/user/n4smotorwer ... SIrRCypLmY
GN Racer
Goped
Goped

Post by GN Racer »

D- Will you be racing this Saturday (21st)? I'll be flying over there tomorrow.
Geoff

'85 Aero 50 w/Dio 66cc
'87 Elite 50 w/Dio 72cc
'87 Spree -SOLD!
Puch Magnum
Yamaha Razz POS -Soon to be Dio powered!
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

GM give me a call tomarrow, ill pm you my number! Ill be at my shop all day fooling around with the bikes!
aloha
D