Scooty Puff Jr

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: 99 Elite SR

Post by Trafficjamz »

Was the 4" stretch done to prevent wheelies?

Where can i find one those kick start levers?
Last edited by Trafficjamz on Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

eliteguy50 wrote:Do you remember what size that pipe is? Like the 28, 29, 32mm? The MHR bore is a high RPM kit, I have never seen one with a sectional J pipe so I can't say but I would think a Long or an expansion chamber pipe would be a better match for maximum performance.

Looks like it will be a sweet ride though. Does the rear wheel touch the ground when the scoot is on the center stand?
I bought this pipe before I had my bore so I am just going with it. The MHR would probably work better with a expansion chamber, but for now this has got to do. The thing seems to work pretty good though. It is a little sluggish on the bottom end which I am blaming on the rollers right now, but when it gets up there in the higher rpm's it screams.

The rear wheel does not touch the ground when it is on the center stand, it teeters a little bit front to back like it did when it was stock. A jig was made for the mount before it was cut, it is the same dimensions as it was stock only now it is 4 inches longer. The upper mount changed the angle of the shock some as it could not be moved 4 inches back because the tank is in the way, however the height of where the scooter sat stock was also measured up and was took into account on the placement of it.

I did not want the scoot to sit higher or lower in the back end because I did not want to worry about throwing the rake off on the front end.
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

Trafficjamz wrote:Where can i find one those kick start levers?
I'm not sure. I bought 2 of these back a couple of years ago from Bakaracer, I also have some red anodized bolts for the kick and clutch cover that I got from him.
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

The bike is coming along good :2thumbs: . thats the same style pipe i'm using right now on my race bike with the same cylinder. if your going to ride the bike with alot of stop and go's, go with a 24mm carb. I'm using a oko 24mm carb on mine.what gears are you planing on using?
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

ALOW1 wrote:... I did not want the scoot to sit higher or lower in the back end because I did not want to worry about throwing the rake off on the front end.
If the back sits a little lower, that would not hurt it. Increased rake will help to take some of the "twitch" out when you reach higher speeds. It is not as big of a deal on these 2t engines, but if you ever do a 4t mount, pay extra attention to the oil sump geometry in the stock frame. You want to maintain that geometry so you won't starve the engine. If you start hitting extreme angle changes, carb issues start to arise.

Have you noticed the difference in turning yet? Like when trying to turn tight in a parking lot?
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

eliteguy50 wrote: Have you noticed the difference in turning yet? Like when trying to turn tight in a parking lot?
No it handles pretty much the same. I have rode it a few times now. It shakes more and the suspension is softer in the back being that its longer now but other than that it rides nice.
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

I removed all of the oil injection and put a pump plug in it. I also put a new tire and tube on the back today. Over the past couple of days I put new plastic on the front and put different levers on it. The turns lenses I just got from Veedub (Thanks Man)!

ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

This is how she looks right now, I just took the pic's right before posting them on here. The pipe is off of it right now in this pic. I rode it today and I don't know how fast it goes because it buries the needle, which is more than fast enough on stock gearing. I will put different gears in it when I get them.
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

looking good! :2thumbs:
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

bakaracer wrote:The bike is coming along good :2thumbs: . thats the same style pipe i'm using right now on my race bike with the same cylinder. if your going to ride the bike with alot of stop and go's, go with a 24mm carb. I'm using a oko 24mm carb on mine.what gears are you planing on using?
I plan on riding it on country roads about 15 miles to work one way. If I can cruise at 50 or so I would be happy.
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

:2thumbs: :coolcruise: :2thumbs: :coolcruise: :2thumbs:

Looking good for sure, dude!

later, jon
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

ALOW1 wrote:
bakaracer wrote:The bike is coming along good :2thumbs: . thats the same style pipe i'm using right now on my race bike with the same cylinder. if your going to ride the bike with alot of stop and go's, go with a 24mm carb. I'm using a oko 24mm carb on mine.what gears are you planing on using?
I plan on riding it on country roads about 15 miles to work one way. If I can cruise at 50 or so I would be happy.
if its a flat area then 8.44to1 or 8to1 gears.that way you use less gas for that long of a trip.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
sum-azn-kid
Elite
Elite

Re: Scooty Puff Jr

Post by sum-azn-kid »

nice build i hear those MHR can rip and their aluminum too so it can hold up to higher temps than the cast iron. i would love to see an MHR go up against a Corsa
2007 SYM DD50- baby blue 72 "Daily rider"-sold
1988 Honda SB50P-on going project
zuma 125-sold
Ninja 250r-totaled