83 areo build and lots of questions...

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

hasback
BMX
BMX

83 areo build and lots of questions...

Post by hasback »

well first thing is first... i bought an 83 nb50 for 50 dollars. everything was there but not in the best shape motor has around 450 miles on it (speedo cable snapped). i got it no running so i tore it apart everything looked well motor wise. i through a new plug in it and fired it up after 20-30 kicks... the electric start "clicked" for awhile then stopped. it never started. but now starts with a kick everytime... well the cable to run oil pump was broke so i just decided to tear out the oil pump and put a plug there. i made my plug with the washers bolt and rtv black. hold up fine after 50 miles i put on it before i decided to tear everything apart again. i fabbed up and made a woodgrain floor deck then covered it in black grip tape... since all the plastics are cracked and messed up or missing i wanted to try a some what naked look... i want this to be street legal( all turn signal headlight works) and i wanna keep them in working order but im not digging all the cracked up fearings so.... im gonna start my questions now... then a build will fallow...by the way the motor is completely stock besides the oil plug...

1. where can i buy speed cable...

2. any way i can put an aftermarket headlight in it? like just a small led one? will it wire right up or will i have to hardwire to battery and a switch?

3. my bystarter is garbage. did an ohm test... can i just remove this or what are my options with this? its unplugged now and my scooter runs/starts fine.

4. what are my options as far as tires... right now it has a pit bike offroad tire on it lol... previous owner said its all he had lol..

5. she tops out at 36mph right now... what are some things i can do to get like up to 40.

any opinion and suggested is much appreciated. thanks guys i look forward to becoming an active member on here.
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: 83 areo build and lots of questions...

Post by swimmingfree »

i wood put your parts you need on our wanted /for sale and look there are a couple of people on that may be able to help you .. your bystarter you may need to list it as well when it cool down you will need it..
you seam like the kind of person that you no what you want ..in here is a spot cald advanced tech docs you will fine stuff that may help you pick up some speed... ill bet you download form the Honda service and owners manuals on here so that helps..
aftermarket headlight like off a car or off a bike you no like a spre ( another 4 letter word ) ??

hope to see what you end up with
have fun building you dream
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
hasback
BMX
BMX

Post by hasback »

more like the headlight on this ruckus...

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=slammed+ ... =86&ty=107
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

boy its nice to see some one that no what they want !!
its got two it may be hard on the starter ( i think what its called ) dont no if there bouth are on at the same time ...
if the pull of them is the same as the one that came on it .. i wood think it should not be a thing at all.. but to make sure the hi beams come on when they shooed and not when the low beams are. not a big deal ill bet for you ..
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
hasback
BMX
BMX

Post by hasback »

bump...
hasback
BMX
BMX

Post by hasback »

got my speedo cable on the way and my side cover... i gave up on trying to figure out the electric start thing haha ..