just want to show you guys my 125cc spree

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

motormike

Re: just want to show you guys my 125cc spree

Post by motormike »

....before the edit, my question was valid and tasteful....it did, however, lack any compliment about the Eve...and for that, I stand admonished by kingK...props to kingK for restraint in replying to an invalid and tasteless attack.... :urban:
RideRed
<(2)Gyro S><Helix><Sym Wolf>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
isusu_truckin
Noob
Noob

Post by isusu_truckin »

tazland001 wrote:Dude that is one bad a s s eve. Props to you homie. I would love to ride it.

Any time any of the Hawaiin bros come on here you need to show respect. They are some of the best builders on the planet when it comes to scooters. :worship:

If you have an opinion keep it clean and respectful.

Actually motormikes air filter question was valid and tasteful. lol.

Yah evilone I like the pipe also. Looks sweet.

How is the throttle response with the 33mm carb?? Is it crisp?

Taz
:coolcruise:
GODSpree
BMX
BMX

Post by GODSpree »

Here is my new parts for my new build spree. this time ill make sure the spree look as good as the speed.
-outer rotor kit
-Big Nut KRS pipe
more parts to come...

As for the 33mm carb it bogs a little to get off the line but once its moving it clear up and its * fast. When i talk about fast i mean i never lost to anyone on the island from 0-60mph. At one point i was just racing cars lol.
Attachments
303806_245775982144196_100001353883955_660469_2032981136_n.jpg
303806_245775982144196_100001353883955_660469_2032981136_n.jpg (89.55 KiB) Viewed 6230 times
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Re read the original thread. Quoth GODSpree:
You don't need an air filter because the reeds will catch the dirty particles.
An interesting theory, but I don't buy it. Just what size of particle will be "caught" by a gaping reed gap? Just regular road dust - even in the sweet Islands air - over time will introduce enough grit to your roller bearings and bore potentially to cause premature wear and failure. Your mileage may vary, but I seek to dissuade others from running filterless on the street. The performance penalty from an oiled-foam pod filter is negligible, but the penalty in longevity may not be. Sure, fit the velocity stack for track duty, but consider clamping on a pod for the ride home.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Godspree post pics on your next build. Whats going under the hood on the next build??lol
Whats in the box? Looks like a stator/magnito combo??

True that Wheelman. I got a good story on not using an airfilter. I live in the Nevada in the desert. My sons elite e has a 48mm BBK kit on it. We use it as one our pit bikes. We had a race at Mesquite, Nevada(NMA World Mini's) and the pod filter fell off. Well after about 6 days off riding around the race it stoppped running. Lost compression. When I finally took the jug off the rings were very prematurly worn out on the intake side from all the sandy dirt. It like sandblasted the rings paper thin on the one side. I have been workin on scooters a long time and never saw that kind of wear in such a short time. It was real windy at that event and lots of sandy dirt was blowin around. I am not saying this would happen to you becuase you dont live in the desert but it does show how not using a pod filter will eat up the rings.

Taz
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

i remember years ago when i was going to buy that bike with those plastics. im glad to see they are still around in great condition.
you should have a headset painted to match that. If thats the original frame you scored, it was all reinforced up for motorcross use lol , they used to do that to alot of spree frames before. Back in the 90s they used to have off road races with sprees and other mopeds at hawaii raceway park. Seen a few pics, but never go tot see that for myself.
GODSpree
BMX
BMX

Post by GODSpree »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Re read the original thread. Quoth GODSpree:
You don't need an air filter because the reeds will catch the dirty particles.
An interesting theory, but I don't buy it. Just what size of particle will be "caught" by a gaping reed gap? Just regular road dust - even in the sweet Islands air - over time will introduce enough grit to your roller bearings and bore potentially to cause premature wear and failure. Your mileage may vary, but I seek to dissuade others from running filterless on the street. The performance penalty from an oiled-foam pod filter is negligible, but the penalty in longevity may not be. Sure, fit the velocity stack for track duty, but consider clamping on a pod for the ride home.

Like I said before, use one if you need one. I personally never had an issue with not using one for 7 plus years but maybe it does have something to do with the "sweet island air". :rock:
GODSpree
BMX
BMX

Post by GODSpree »

tazland001 wrote:Godspree post pics on your next build. Whats going under the hood on the next build??lol
Whats in the box? Looks like a stator/magnito combo??

True that Wheelman. I got a good story on not using an airfilter. I live in the Nevada in the desert. My sons elite e has a 48mm BBK kit on it. We use it as one our pit bikes. We had a race at Mesquite, Nevada(NMA World Mini's) and the pod filter fell off. Well after about 6 days off riding around the race it stoppped running. Lost compression. When I finally took the jug off the rings were very prematurly worn out on the intake side from all the sandy dirt. It like sandblasted the rings paper thin on the one side. I have been workin on scooters a long time and never saw that kind of wear in such a short time. It was real windy at that event and lots of sandy dirt was blowin around. I am not saying this would happen to you becuase you dont live in the desert but it does show how not using a pod filter will eat up the rings.

Taz
Yes, I will be sure to post more pics for you guys to see as it progresses. As for the box, it's an outer rotor kit. It is a lightened magneto. What it does is it allows you to rev at a much higher RPM and you can control the response of the spark plugs. You are able to get more high end or low end. :blah: My moped sounds like a dirt bike. The response to the throttle is extremely sensitive, even if your wrists gets tired and you accidentally throttle quarter way, the bike will wheely on it's own. Very scary. :nervous: But back to the subject :b2t: I will definitely post more pics and info up asap. :thumbwink:
motormike

Post by motormike »

Like I said before, use one if you need one. I personally never had an issue with not using one for 7 plus years but maybe it does have something to do with the "sweet island air". :rock:

Warning Viewers:...Do NOT try this at home..... 8)
RideRed
<(2)Gyro S><Helix><Sym Wolf>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

Wow GODspree; looks like a KILLER build to me; thanks for sharing!!
...and a Big Nut pipe... I haven't seen one of those in a long time; top quality build man.. Freaking primo... :smile:

-j
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
atomBOOM
Noob
Noob

Post by atomBOOM »

nice work mang. :2thumbs:
maxreverb
Spree
Spree

Post by maxreverb »

i think that chrome looks pretty cool actually. might be cooler even if it went all the way to the tail!
1985 HONDA AERO
1986 HONDA SPREE
GODSpree
BMX
BMX

Post by GODSpree »

Hey guys i know it has been a long time but im saving some money to do other things beside this project. hope you guys understand. so far i just got this in af16 sand blast motor. still need to be cut and more. here some pics
Attachments
IMAG0049.jpg
IMAG0049.jpg (141.98 KiB) Viewed 6009 times
honda dio motor
honda dio motor
IMAG0046.jpg (205.81 KiB) Viewed 6009 times
Carnie
Elite
Elite

just want to show you guys my 125cc spree

Post by Carnie »

What do you do to the engine after you sand blast it? Do you coat it with anything or what? I'm wanting to sand blast my af16 to clean it up but dont know the best way to go about it.
1987 Spree
1994 Elite SR
GODSpree
BMX
BMX

Post by GODSpree »

what im going to do next is polishes it with Mothers! to make it look chrome. that's what you should do too.
just got 2 more things.
Attachments
55m/m KRS bore just paid $400!
55m/m KRS bore just paid $400!
12-E9FE7660-1448248-960.jpg (113.73 KiB) Viewed 5995 times
33m/m crab
33m/m crab
12-E4DFEC83-1522640-960.jpg (113.88 KiB) Viewed 5995 times