1983 Honda Aero NH80

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

ragtop89
Elite
Elite

Re: 1983 Honda Aero NH80

Post by ragtop89 »

Dunno, depends, I just know I wouldn't of payed $800 for it. :lol:
83' Aero NH80
86' Yamaha Riva 125Z

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4c4e3cfb7c9d5
Scootenanny
Noob
Noob

Post by Scootenanny »

Fair enough. I paid $700 for it, and he delivered it to my house which was almost an hour away. Maybe I will be a better negotiator with my next scooter purchase. :)
Allie
Crusin' an '83 Honda Aero NH80
motormike

Post by motormike »

...hey, that was a bargain. 100 bucks off and saved you another $50 in gas and time. That bike will treat you well, I can almost guarantee it. Go spend $800 on a brand new chinese 50cc and see if it lasts the next 29 years. Allie is St. Louey be doin' just fine.... :thumbwink:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Scootenanny
Noob
Noob

Post by Scootenanny »

thanks Mike! I'm really excited about my scooter and it sounds like it will be great for learning the mechanical stuff.
I've got my owners manual out for some bedtime reading, haha!
Allie
Scootenanny
Noob
Noob

Post by Scootenanny »

Okay, I called the dealership and ordered the 90 main jet and some extra spark plugs, BPR 6HS (NGK) W20FPR (ND) ... no idea what that means, but the guy at the dealer does. I'm going to get those this week hopefully. I was also planning to pick up some 2 stroke engine oil (suggestions?). The owner's manual said to clean the air filter mineral spirits and then soak it in gear oil (SAE 80 or 90) before re-installing, so I guess I will be getting those things at the dealer as well... unless you wise men have other suggestions, on any of this. I am still figuring out how to change the fuel, vacuum lines and fuel filter. :)
I'm planning to open her up today after work and take my first look. EEK! I'm excited!
Allie