89 Elite R - my first build

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

89eliteR
Spree
Spree

Re: 89 Elite R - my first build

Post by 89eliteR »

Just did a compression test, 60psi. I guess the motor has to come out, I'm assuming its headgasket or rings.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Bummer Dude! Sorry to hear that. I was wondering how you were making out yesterday, because I was out on my spree to meet a friend over in Dartmouth to go for a Honda ride. Her and I terrorized the city on our Hondas and I wondered if you had yours out on the road yet.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
89eliteR
Spree
Spree

Post by 89eliteR »

patthesoundguy wrote:Bummer Dude! Sorry to hear that. I was wondering how you were making out yesterday, because I was out on my spree to meet a friend over in Dartmouth to go for a Honda ride. Her and I terrorized the city on our Hondas and I wondered if you had yours out on the road yet.

Nope,

The day I get her safetyed it died out on me, worked again fine then died again and wouldn't start back up. did the compression test and get the poor results. Worst part I am moving to porters lake and I no longer have a good sport to work on it, so now im probably stuck taking it to a shop to get repaired where I now lack the resources to get it going...well besides money lol.
Gnat
Noob
Noob

Post by Gnat »

Greetings I my self just bought an Elite R and was wondering where you ordered the Carb,, intake and reed valves from? Lookin at doing some of what you did myself.