Tact(AF16) Build

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Tact(AF16) Build

Post by tazland001 »

Here is a project I am finally starting. I think I will paint it black.

Here is a pic of the AF16 I will install. I will put a 50mm, 9to1's, ect. Same old stuff. lol Its nice since I have the parts right on the shelf.

taz
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Tact(AF16) Build

Post by tru72 »

Awesome bike dude!!!!!!!!!!!
Those are super rare here!
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Gonna port match the block and stuff? If not i would go with a nickle sil bore ported to corsa maps from darrin. The boys still tell tales of that white arnada with the ministroker nickle sil and 9:1 gearing. Stil cracked 70!
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Match the boost port. Nah im just gonna leave it just like it is. I have never noticed any difference to be honest with you. If you break the cylinder in right it will have long life either way. I use to install a lot of these in Vegas in that dry extreme heat and they held up fine without matching the case to the boost port on the cylinder. In Vegas we dont have that sweet air like you have on the islands but the cylinders hold up fine. I will run my ball hone to semi-chamfer the ports and smooth the bore a little more even. Thats about it.

Back in the day I use to sell the single ring Nikasil kits for the dio and the jog. They kinda sucked if you ask me. The plating would chip and wear to fast for my liking. In dirtbikes we use Nikasil a lot and they hold up fine but like always they wear out eventually. If you ever need any Nikasil plating done let me know. My son has a sponsor for racing and the name of the place is called Kustom Kraft. The owner is a good freind of mine and im sure I can get any of you a good discount. Anyone ever use ceramic coated pistons?

taz
Last edited by tazland001 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

hehehe ceramic coated pistons? LOL whats that hahah

I actually have some teflon coated sides, ceramic top made for my malossi 77cc set up...

nikel seal coating hehehe yummy!!! makes me want to cut open bores and port it then re weld them.. hehe
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Where did that arnada end up?
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

What is Arnada King?

What do you guys think about black for the panels?

Taz
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

Taz the only problem for with black would be putting stickers on it. lol
for here in hawaii, that would be cleaned up and cleared to keep it original haha or in "tact"
if not it will look like a regular elite with out them..

King i still got it, some guy was suppose to drop off some cash for it i was going to sell it rolling for 1800. we shall see. if not im just going to keep it and rebuild it