Found Craigslist treasure!

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

refl3x
Spree
Spree

Found Craigslist treasure!

Post by refl3x »

Lots of Rain so it's kind of a gloomy time to get something like this but it gives me time to clean it up a bit..

More to come!
Wheelman-111

Re: Found Craigslist treasure!

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Awesome! A new... er, make that TWO new Hondas. Better get that license plate fixed, though.
Congrats on the Dio.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
refl3x
Spree
Spree

Post by refl3x »

HAHAHA dang internet police! Nah, I always blur out licence plates for my forum pictures, even for other peoples cars. I've heard a rumor that thieves use plate numbers to look up address's commit their thievery.
Although personally I find that quite far-fetched. Maybe it happens, maybe it doesn't, but It only takes me 10 seconds or so to do it on photoshop. The car i've had for quite a while.

The scooter is a DJ-1 RR that an Airforce guy brought back from Japan. I can't find much information about them on the Internet looks like they do share a lot of parts from the same generation Dio's and Elite's when I actually dig into the bike and get the engine code from under the layer of dirt i'm sure i'll learn more.

Plans are (best as I can with my limited knowledge so far) restore the bike keeping everything original as possible (the wheels are different then the ones that come on the elites and aeros of those years so I'm sure finding OEM parts for the bike is going to be hard) I've have a 74mm big bore kit in my "shopping cart" from a company in japan, going to see if there is anything else I may need before I pull the trigger.

i'll make sure to take many pictures during my progress.

Also my wife says "one must go" so the aero 50 and the elite 125 motor/stuff in this thread is all for sale.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24693
Please PM me with any questions of the aero stuff I have for sale I will part out the bike or sell it as a whole for parts/finishing
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

awesome bike man it should have the first gen af18 in it .It should also have hondas factory expshion chamber pipe nice job getting that one very rare indeed (well in the states anyway)
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
Fast_Fiend
Noob
Noob

Post by Fast_Fiend »

Nice bike man.
2010 SYM DD50
Malossi Aluminum MHR
Scorpion
24 Oko
7:4.1 secondaries
refl3x
Spree
Spree

Post by refl3x »

Ok so i've got this bike completely torn apart, and have just a few questions.

First the AF18 motor is the one that I have in the DJ1-RR
then the AF05E that came off of my Aero 50

I havnt done any measuring and i'm not taking the af18 apart because it runs, but...
(and i wish i would have tried mocking it up to the rr frame and testing it first before disassembling it.)

1- can you use a dio (af18) head and cylinder on an af05 or (a big bore kit designed for a dio) everything looks pretty similar ( from what i can tell ) but what are the actual differences? is the connecting rod length different? where would i find more information about this?

2- when you put a larger bore kit on an engine do you have to cap the oil pump and premix or is there a way to adjust the amount the pump, "pumps"?

3- where premixing is concerned do you need to use any special type of fuel line or fuel filter? does it just go in the stock fuel tank with no changes ?
(my first running two stroke so bare with me!)

3-how do you calculate the amount of premix for different cc's?

if you guys could just point me in the right direction to find the information myself i would also be grateful .some of this stuff is still so foreign to me. i've always been a fuel injection guy until i had to clean my first carb ( at 30 years old!) on my first scooter.

i'll probably post pictures of different things soon. right now i'm basically cleaning every little thing I can so I have a good starting point to start modding/enjoying this scooter
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

The af18 can use all of the af16 cylinder parts, but the af05 can not use the af16 or 18, I believe the crank ends are different on the af18 from the afo5 and af16. Redeft on here sells a crank specially for that engine. Its a killer Mallosi crank for way cheaper than anywhere else.
The only adjustment you can really do to the oil pump is to lock open the pump which isnt really a good idea. An oil pump block off plug can be bought for dollars.
You dont need any type of special fuel line or filter, but clear line and a filter is always good so you can kind of see how the fuels looking and if theres fuel at all.
Premix is really based off of the rpm you want to achieve but minimal I would do is 40:1 which is roughly 4 oz to every gallon
This site has a wikispreedia page that has tons of info on it and its well put together. http://hondaspree.net/wiki/index.php5?title=Main_Page

Best of luck to you with the bike, its a neat find over here in the states, and I hope you enjoy the site for all its help.
refl3x
Spree
Spree

Post by refl3x »

so today I got some sad/bad news. because this scooter hasn't been legally registered in forever, to get it back on the road legally it's going to cost me over $500! what a bummer! The price I paid for the bike plus getting the title, registration, taxes etc...I could have bought a lambretta I was looking at last month!!! however with an afternoon of beers and work on the bike, although pretty disheartening, I think I can live with it.

anyway here are a few pictures...

the bike out of the trunk and wiped down...

the cool honda chambered exhaust

and here is where I ended up today during the "cleaning of everything" event that will probably be going on throughout this week

overall the bike is in great condition. very little rust and/or damage.. it has low miles (kilometers) on it so it mush have spent most of it's life indoors. I have hundreds of pictures and will post more when I get around to it, but feel free to ask any questions/request pictures. (only because i know there must be some of you wondering what this bike has/is like )
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

you gotta love them factory chamber pipes they came with ive had a couple
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
Pineapplegti
Elite
Elite

Post by Pineapplegti »

Nice scooter.
78 Kromag. (Briton Bee) .. Under the knife.. Derbi pyramid port dual variated
78 flying dutchman.. e50 swap. mlm pipe custom tank seat.. gila kit
85 Honda spree . Af16 swap joerock mhr mini stroke scorpion pipe.
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

you need to pour some money all over it .
disk brakes
polini corsa
scorpion pipe

you will have the most pimpen scoot for miles
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Not sure what the "sensitive and aggressive performance" sticker means, exactly. But I like it. That Stock Honda chamber pipe is probably rare enough to be worth more than an Arrow to somebody. Apparently those go for the price of a nice house.
Wheelman-111
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
refl3x
Spree
Spree

Post by refl3x »

paulpauly7 wrote:you need to pour some money all over it .
disk brakes
polini corsa
scorpion pipe

you will have the most pimpen scoot for miles
I will probably keep the OEM pipe on it. Where do I find parts like disc brakes/wheels at? I've seen people use different parts from the ruckus but i think i want to keep this one as original as possible.
Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Not sure what the "sensitive and aggressive performance" sticker means, exactly. But I like it. That Stock Honda chamber pipe is probably rare enough to be worth more than an Arrow to somebody. Apparently those go for the price of a nice house.
I thought that was pretty funny too. It must be one of those english phrases that makes more sense in Japanese!
I'm going to recreate the stickers in Adobe Illustrator and have them printed on some 3M vinyl at a sign shop I work at. They wont be the originals but exact replicas!
I really like the pipe I read on a japanese website that they are "ten point adjustable" I think what it ment was the silver tip has a bunch of holes in it (on the bottom/inside) and you can change where it sits in relation to the end of the pipe. dunno yet for sure. also there was a piece on the bottom that had what appeared to be muffler packing underneath it.

anyway did a bit more cleaning assembling this morning...

Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Anyone hear something? Drip, Drip, Drip is the sound of Honda-san's tears of joy as he weeps from beyond the grave. Keep the pics coming!
Wheelman-111
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

no the pipes are not adjustable ihave had a couple that chrome piece is just for looks
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1