Spree Engine Swap: Honda Elite CH80 onto Spree

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

Tyler VR
Elite
Elite

Re: Spree Engine Swap: Honda Elite CH80 onto Spree

Post by Tyler VR »

I made my own header for the ch80, it's slightly larger diameter than a stock pipe. It's not perfect but should perform better than the stock pipe that's been cut and welded. The bends aren't perfect, but not bad for my first time.

The exhaust port/flange on the ch80 engine is actually the same size as a nq50. I had a old spree exhaust that was all ready cut up so I used the flange. Still need to make mounting brackets but it should work out well.

Tyler VR
Elite
Elite

Post by Tyler VR »

Trying out a $6 briggs and stratton style muffler, but I'm planning on buying a nice exhaust pipe sometime over the winter. I used some fittings to make it loop around but ended up just making is straight. It's loud but it performs a lot better and I'm now getting up to 50mph.

motormike

Post by motormike »

One of my friends has this Yoshi knock-off on his C70-Passport build...125 Lifan motor...it sounds great and performs very well... :thumbwink:
RideRed
<(2)Gyro S><Helix><Sym Wolf>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Tyler VR
Elite
Elite

Post by Tyler VR »

That seems like a good option for the ch80, but I can't find a cheap knockoff Yoshi anywhere online. I've only found the real deal yoshimura for $200-300+, which I can't afford.

I have been thinking about a FMF powercore 4, they're around $150. But it's a well known muffler for off-road dirt bike use, some cop might see it and try to bust me. I guess I could just peel the sticker off... :lol:
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

and paint it matt black lol
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
Tyler VR
Elite
Elite

Post by Tyler VR »

I painted the pipe for now, also welded a washer to the end of the briggs muffler to quiet it down a bit.

lacedgod
Noob
Noob

Post by lacedgod »

nice spree 80 I will have to come back to this page when i start working on mine again
I was sick of breaking my ch80 pipe so i went with the gy6 pipe broke that and now im using a gy6-50 header backwards since i had a set of cut fairings. also now i dont need to worry about it breaking and the fan can suck in more cold air.
i would be nice to ride with you someday to race Im about 230 pounds and can do 50
Tyler VR
Elite
Elite

Post by Tyler VR »

Nice to see another ch80 spree on the road. I remember seeing the original build thread while researching before I did my swap. The exhaust on the ch80 always seems like a struggle, once I got mine opened up I'm doing 50mph too.
Tyler VR
Elite
Elite

Post by Tyler VR »

I switch to a manual petcock fuel valve and changed the ch80 isolator with the vacuum port to a regular isolator for the PZ19 carb.

12gauge
Spree
Spree

Post by 12gauge »

I al most made the exact pipe. With same muffler tip your still loosing quite a bit of Rpms. After I had this set up (I made mine from 1 inch tubing about 4 inches shorter also) but realy same pipe. Then I cut up a fmf fatty off my 250 and made an expanchion chamber still couldn't get it right. But then I welder up the fmf fatty again and made it fit I gaind a lot of low end and some top gaind probly 12 mph After this I got the v8 pipe and it was about the same as my fmf
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

12guage you realise this is four stroke.Expanshion chambers are made for 2 strokes
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
12gauge
Spree
Spree

Post by 12gauge »

Wow I'm a dummy I should have paid attention I just saw pic and thought it was elite 50
Dakine
Elite
Elite

Post by Dakine »

d*** where did you get that manuel fuel valve? Did it bolt right up or did you have to cut and weld? I need to do that for my Honda Spree Eve Smile. The JApan Smile gas Tank uses a manuel fuel valve instrad of the american regular petcock. So when you run the Eve Smile pannels you need to run the Eve Smile gas tank other wise the petcock doesnt fit where the Fuel valve hole is on the smile pannels and you have to cut the pannels.

But i dont want to have to cut the pannels so If i where to find a Fuel Valve just like the one you have I think it would work. Im trying to build another Red Eve Smile on top of the black Smile that I already have but Its super hard to bring a Gas tank from japan into Hawaii, For some reason customs are pricks about it
Tyler VR
Elite
Elite

Post by Tyler VR »

I bought the fuel valve off ebay, screws into the stock tank without modification. Finding the correct thread size is the trouble, some sellers don't list the specs. There's 2 different thread sizes on the spree gas tank spouts, I forget what year it changes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171103521062?ss ... 1497.l2649

If you use a 19mm wrench to unscrew the petcock nut the threads are 14 x 1.5mm and the petcock that uses a 22mm wrench have 16 x 1.5mm threads.

The last manual petcock valve I bought was a little different style that hangs a little lower and barely clears the frame, it was for my nh125 spree. But it started leaking so I bought a different style one for my ch80 spree.

Tyler VR
Elite
Elite

Post by Tyler VR »

Now that it's winter and I'm not doing any riding I have the time to work on my scooters. I'm tearing down my spare ch80 engine to do some porting. There's no information online about internal engine mods for the ch80, so this will be experimental. I plan on taking a lot of pics, stay tuned...

Here's the ch80, starting to take it apart.