here she is (Elite 50 LX)

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

89elitelx50
Noob
Noob

Re: 40.8mph!

Post by 89elitelx50 »

@birdman its a 89 elitelx, polini vari kit 6.6 rollers new cdi and maaan what a difference, the mid range power was nore than i imagened
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

89elitelx50 wrote:@birdman its a 89 elitelx, polini vari kit 6.6 rollers new cdi and maaan what a difference, the mid range power was nore than i imagened
Happy for you man! Be sure you up jet the carburetor if you don't run the stock (original honda) airbox. Reading the spark plug for correct color may help if you don't have a temperature gauge. Too lean, and it goes boom!
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
89elitelx50
Noob
Noob

Post by 89elitelx50 »

thanks for the advice, what jet size do you reccomend for stock carb witha pod filter?
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

89elitelx50 wrote:thanks for the advice, what jet size do you reccomend for stock carb witha pod filter?
If the carburetor is original, you should have a #88 in there if I remember correctly. That's pretty healthy but the pod filter changes things. It is not allowing as much negative pressure as the stock filter, thereby giving a leaner mix. So a larger jet would compensate that. Might want to try to find some bigger jets for that particular carburetor first. I would just go back to the stock airbox if you have one but that's just me. If not, go online and do some reading, search "spark plug reading 101" or something like that . Then get some info to use before you start burning thru new spark plugs. Ask questions here on the forum, but do your own research, as you will learn more that way. Or, buy a temperature gauge and adjust according to that.
Good Luck!
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
89elitelx50
Noob
Noob

Post by 89elitelx50 »

i would put the stock boz back on but i used the stock tube that connects carb to box on the pod filter setup that fell off and got ran over lol, soo if anyone on here has one they would like to get rid of please contact me! thnks for your help
89elitelx50
Noob
Noob

Hittin 42mph

Post by 89elitelx50 »

She's running great! Little by little I hope to be able to cruiz at 45 and be able to hit 50-55
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (137.67 KiB) Viewed 4126 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (165.58 KiB) Viewed 4126 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (66.21 KiB) Viewed 4126 times