Front Rack for Spree..by ME!!

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: Front Rack for Spree..by ME!!

Post by mousewheels »

Nice write up on bending :thumbwink:

This front rack for the 2001 Elite has been almost complete for the past month, but am still searching for the right bag for it. Just needs features to mount a bag and black paint.

I followed best I could the your bending advice. The rack in the pic was perfect until the last bend - 1/4" off... my mistake! Use of solid rod like your suggested helped - hammered flat and rebent - zero scrap...

Fall - winter is a good time to work on accessories to your scooter. Keep mustangwag's rack thread in mind.

Rack_1.JPG
Rack_1.JPG (36.45 KiB) Viewed 1851 times
Rack_1a.JPG
Rack_1a.JPG (23.33 KiB) Viewed 1851 times
Rack_2.JPG
Rack_2.JPG (31.53 KiB) Viewed 1851 times
First haul with the rack - a garage sale find :D
Rack_3.JPG
Rack_3.JPG (28.03 KiB) Viewed 1851 times
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

d*** good job man! i like it! nice yardsale score too btw! lol
-Zac :coolcruise:

1981 HD-Ironhead Sporty. 1000cc, 4 speed, drag pipes, and drag bars.. (chic/cop magnet)
72 Rupp Roadster 2 (aka. RUMP ROASTER!!)
05 vinson
78 bronco (Log skiddin Hog!!)
Bartlett75

Post by Bartlett75 »

mustangwagz wrote: anyhow, good job mr mouse. you've gotten a good start! Cant wait ot see whatelse you whip up! Once you get good..make some patio furniture..thast what i did with left overs at work. made a chair for our lunch break..
The end..

Furniture making is one of the biggest industries in the whole world. We can make it as a source of income or just a hobby. Whatever the purpose behind it, make sure that every piece is durable that will last long.