Found Craigslist treasure!

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

refl3x
Spree
Spree

Re: Found Craigslist treasure!

Post by refl3x »

paulpauly7 wrote:yahoo auctions japan has oil pumps rebuilt to pump 1.6 times more oil than stock that woul go great with a bore kit (no premixing)

I dont speak Japanese and most of the auctions I've seen on there "do not correspond" with international shipping. I dont know if premixing or trying to get something from yahoo auctions japan would be more of a hassle!
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

fair enough is easy for me i have a agent in japan who buys the gear i wont and puts it in one of our cars coming over .I work for a car importer so free shipping
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

paulpauly7 wrote:fair enough is easy for me i have a agent in japan who buys the gear i wont and puts it in one of our cars coming over .I work for a car importer so free shipping

where are you located?

im looking into buying a af18e if your feeling helpful :D
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
refl3x
Spree
Spree

Post by refl3x »

i'm going to assume "NZ" is New Zealand.... did a bit of work on my honda reflex... i dont know if i've shown much of that scoot on here but its a '02 honda 250cc that has the basic bolt on's polini and japanese parts mainly. I changed out the clutch springs for the lightest ones today.. maybe someone can answer this... when i first install the springs they work wonderfully. about 30 miles or so there seems to be a hesitation in the acceleration. it's happened with all the different springs i've tried so far so i dont know if that's how long the clutch bell takes to get "dusty" has anyone else experienced this?. i also rode the RR a bit today with the velocity stack.. it rode like s*** so i put the foam UNI filter back on and it was great again. I really like this bike (probably too much if you ask my wife!) sometime next week i'll be ordering more parts... just need to decide what it is i want to go with next!
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

yes New Zealand
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
refl3x
Spree
Spree

Post by refl3x »

was doing a bit of reading on the wikaspreedia page and realized I have an actual Japanese bike with the af18e so that probably means my CDI is restricted ( or maybe not with the "RR" model?) was wondering how I can confirm if my cdi is actually limited, and if i could just say swap my honda aero one out with it if it was the case? Is there a way other then reading someone say "yes it's limited" on the internet to confirm? ( center stand rpm gauge maybe?)
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

none of the jap import bikes ive had have had a restricted cdi but i have also heard that some are restricted.
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

i would email/call a hawaiian scooter guy like vtcycles they could tell you. why not just play it safe and get a new one?
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
refl3x
Spree
Spree

Post by refl3x »

the picture is somewhat unrelated and old but because no one answered my previous jetting question i decided to go ahead and put a 100 jet ( the scoot had a 90 jet previously) in the carb. got the bike's speed needle to where a "70" would be indicated if it didn't stop at 60. the cool thing is it was on a relatively flat road and I weight 250 + or - a few LBS...cant say i have anything to complain about there. I ordered a EHT (exhaust head temp) gauge it shipped today... looking forward to that.. nothing new other then those things mentioned.
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

i had a dj1r which is the little brother to the dj1rr great handling bike and with just a high speed pully kit it would do 70kmh and get there fast with a long road and a little tail wind i nearly got it to 80kmh but 70kmh was the norm
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
refl3x
Spree
Spree

Post by refl3x »

^ seems like mine may be a bit slow then if it's "little brother" is faster...then again i'm around 252 lbs.

nothing too new lately I did buy and install a CHT gauge

also put the panels back on.. still needs some tlc but overall decent

deuce217
CB900F
CB900F

Post by deuce217 »

paulpauly7 wrote:yahoo auctions japan has oil pumps rebuilt to pump 1.6 times more oil than stock that woul go great with a bore kit (no premixing)
I would love to have those pumps on all of my bikes! If any one has one or two for sale let me know.

Very nice bike and thanks for sharing!
2000 Elite SR50 -THE PURPLE NURPLE
50mm BBK (tai)
26mm OKO (round slide) 135 Main Jet
V-8 pipe
39/18 secondary gears (7.583:1 ratio)
36 grams in Prodigy variator
Malossi Delta Clutch & WIng Bell- Thanks RED EFT
65mph GPS (on the freeway)
refl3x
Spree
Spree

Post by refl3x »

So recently I began another project on the RR. I decided to re-make the Stickers and MAYBE play around with some vinyl wrap material ( because I have a lot of it ) so starting with the front

I took some high quality images ( Not the ones posted here) to get some good Images to work with when I redesign the Stickers in Illustrator.

following I took some tracing paper and laid it over the stickers to trace the cut path ( for the plotter) and to also have a good reference to measure from
( because some of the stickers are curved from the body lines it's better to trace their outlines to get a more accurate shape rather then just going off of a photo)
The above example is just a guide and the only thing that is important for me is the outline the stuff inside was just a bit of a reference so if it looks a bit sloppy to you have no fear, i am aware of that.

I used a propane torch to heat the stickers to help in their removal, followed by a non metallic scraper however because of their age they were INCREDIBLY difficult to remove ( most adhesive is only ment to last 3-5 years if you ever plan on removing it) I also tried some different chemicals with little luck so i ended up having to sand the adhesive off ( and you can tell from the picture it is still partially present)

also decided to go ahead and sand the whole panel with 1000 grit so remove the oxidation and get a nice even surface.

Once happy with the surface I attempted to wrap the front however during some repositioning the vinyl got stuck and tore on the upper bolt so the whole thing was ruined (unless i wanted to cut some sort of design in it, but i dont know yet) so that was all i accomplished day 1.
I will probably design the logos today or tomorrow. i'll post up more progress. also the White was just for fun, i have many other colors like reflective orange, matte black, even carbon fiber, that may look better.

anyway more soon...
refl3x
Spree
Spree

Post by refl3x »

So I decided to take the RR to work last friday. It's about 6 miles each way (if I were to take the highway, obviously I didn't do that!) and is the longest i've ridden at one time. In the morning the temp rose to 270 deg F, and on the way home 284 deg! That seemed pretty high to me. the scoot drove a bit differently when it reached 280 deg almost like it didn't rev as high, doesn't make sense but it still runs fine now. If i havent mentioned it ( or mentioned mentioning it) I work at a place that does viny car wraps, signs stickers, etc... last week we wrapped the state's first full chrome (vinyl) car ( it was a saleen mustang, I wasn't sure if I would like it or not but in the sunlight it looked pretty awesome, I can post pictures for anyone interested.) anyway I took some of the scrap and wrapped my headlight plastics in the chrome, I like the way it looks, almost want to try doing the whole scooter in the same... here it is,

I'm certain it looks way better in person, as far as i'm concerned the more flashy, bright and loud a scooter/motorcycle is the better ( safer ) it is!

I havent done anything else regarding the RR it's supposed to rain all week so I may try and do some general TLC but not sure yet.
thanks for looking
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

I love it yes do the whole bike it would look friggen awesome.
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1