N4S Motorwerx "Imported Insanity" Drag Bike

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

FactStraightener
Noob
Noob

Re: N4S Motorwerx "Imported Insanity" Drag Bike

Post by FactStraightener »

Hello tru72,

Thank you for that piece of information, but is there any forum posting of this so called timeslip? Also, was it a track 1/8th mile timeslip or was it a dyno slip from his dyno run with projected et's/projected mph and such? There is a big difference there. From what I have heard, there is no such run by George. Also, I heard that TobaTech ran an 8.3 no nitrous run in which he actually rode his bike down from his shop in Kalihi to Campbell's track (if you're not from Oahu, it's pretty darned far), broke his old record (which until that time was not proven broken by anyone else) without even switching his gearing, and then rode it home just to prove a point as to how well his motors are built. That is no small accomplishment, to me anyway.

Also, if there is no class differentiation, then why is there classes in every other type of racing? It is there so that people compete on same or almost equal levels. That's why they have different classes even for types of fuel run, for as you know, oxygenated fuels are definitely and advantage as motors are nothing more than air pumps in which the more air you get into a given motor, burn efficiently, then pump out, it will put out more power than the same motor on regular gas and un-oxidized fuel.

So, if there is a copy of that time slip that George from Oahu ran, I'd like to see it please.

Regards
GN Racer
Goped
Goped

Post by GN Racer »

I remember seeing that post on forumshawaii last year/2 years ago(?) where GB posted his timeslip. I don't remember the exact ET/MPH, but I know that it was in that area. It looked like an HRP timeslip to me.

I went on the site to look for it, but the thread is gone now. Looks like all of the old posts prior to this year have been deleted.

D - Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to see a drag 'ped while I was there. I never really paid much attention to them when we still had a track. Maybe next time. :thumbwink:
Geoff

'85 Aero 50 w/Dio 66cc
'87 Elite 50 w/Dio 72cc
'87 Spree -SOLD!
Puch Magnum
Yamaha Razz POS -Soon to be Dio powered!
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

If your so interested in finding out if george did it , go to his shop and ask him, you seem to know whats going on there on oahu. I dont really care if he did or didnt, I seen his time slip and thats one of the only real time slips i have seen from anyone that claims to have had a "fast" time. Since you know so much who are you? If your so certain that dave did this or dave did that why even ask? Unless you are dave himself, if you are call achi, i was talking to him today about you and the old days . As for what is real or not, who cares? Its all about having fun.. I like racing because its a way to have fun with my friends on the track and show the public that we support the "off the street racing". You seem to be here to be here just to keep adding fuel to your own fire for the sake of an argument.

GN Racer.. yeah that post was awhile ago lol, I was going to ask george and see if i could get that pic but i decided "why".. hahaha
If you have time give me a call when you are here. Ill Pm you my number, Maybe we can meet at the shop and i can show you the drag bikes that i have stored there.
FactStraightener
Noob
Noob

Good point. I would have liked to have seen the post and the photo of the slip on the forum but like GN Racer said, it's gone for some reason. That is too bad. If he did beat Dave, that is an awesome run. But I haven't had that chance to see it. As far as going down to his shop, I pass. He has a well known rep for treating people not too nicely, depending on his mood. I do know one thing. He has never beaten Dave on any cruise, ever. Not even from the old days, either him or his brother James. There was a cruise a few years ago in which they brought out their fastest water cooled bike. Dave had his watercooled bike but it wasn't even a race. What was a race was one of Dave's friends riding one of his air cooled strokers. While that in itself may not seem too impressive, take into account that the rider was over 300 pounds. From what I heard it was a neck and neck race, going back and forth between them. Now that is impressive to me, an air cooled bike with a 300+ rider going up against a watercooled bike.

If you think this kind of talk is fuel for fire, you have much to learn. I am interested in truth/facts, not fabrications, maybes, or I think so's. If this is not logical to you, then I have just lost a lot of respect I had for you. IF you ever beat Dave's or George's time one day, I hope that there is someone just like you who promotes non-factual things. I hope that a guy starts saying that he has a friend who beat you after all your hard work and time invested into making your bike a record setting bike. Only then you will know how those who really did set the records feel, and you will feel badly. Sure, you joke now and say, "As for what is real or not, who cares? Its all about having fun.. I like racing because its a way to have fun with my friends on the track and show the public that we support the "off the street racing". You seem to be here to be here just to keep adding fuel to your own fire for the sake of an argument."

Do you know the difference between a question and an argument? It is YOU who are turning this into an argument. I simply asked some simple questions of which the answers have not been proven. While I agree that it is not up to you to prove them to me, I was hoping that perhaps you had made a copy of that forum discussion and perhaps a pic. That would have both answered my question and satisfied me.

But my original purpose of posting here was not even about George until he was brought up. I was interested in what you had and what kind of fuel you were running. You seem to think that size doesn't matter "as long as we're having fun", but it does. This is a competition, yes? In any speed competition involving motors there are different classes for engine sizes, types of fuel, types of forced induction, body styles. You should know this and probably do. Your argument that it is all fun is weak. If it's all for fun, why drop your bike to get better aerodynamics? Leave it stock height and run for fun. Why run oxygenated fuel if it's just for fun. Because it isn't just for fun. It's for serious. You take this very serious. Right now, you seem to be the fastest guy up there, but believe me, as soon as someone steps up to your times and speeds and maybe even beats you, it won't be fun for you anymore, I can guarantee you that. You will put yourself in high gear and do everything in your power to beat that guy. For fun? Partly, but more for getting your placing back. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me I'm lying. Anyone on this forum, tell me that I'm not telling me the truth, then map it out and explain it to me. There were some people here on Oahu who had pretty fast bikes, and they went around saying this and that, so I told them, "If you really want to see who is the fastest, everyone run the same thing. Run the same bike style and frame, the same drop, rider weight, the same size engine, carb, pipe, fuel, and then it will not be determined by any other factor but how good a motor the builder made. He (Dave) is in retirement and his records are pretty old. His 8.659 second 100cc was made back in '98 (12 years ago) and his nos runs with those stretched out bikes were in '00, 10 years ago. Do you not agree that in that span of time of a decade or more than there are a lot better parts offered to racers than back then? If not, try getting some of the old stuff they raced with and try going that fast. I'm sure you'll find it a good challenge. Also, all of those runs were made with straight 28mm carbs.

But I seemed to have touched upon a nerve in you and that is too bad. I am not sorry, for I did not mean to do it, rather, it is how you reacted to it.

Another well known fact is that the Oahu track was for lack of a better description, junk. Even mainland funny cars and rails that ran here were up to 1 second slower than what they clocked in the mainland. The track was purported not to be level and actually slightly uphill, and a lot of races were run against some pretty strong headwind. The concrete launch pad was slippery too.

But since you brought up the name of Achi, I will address some questions I have about his 'supposed' runs also. He claims to have had an '87 elite with a 120cc watercooled engine capable of hitting 112 mph (radar gunned he claimed), or with short gears he could get up to 90 mph with 60 foot times of 1.8 seconds and a 13.86 1/4 mile time. Sorry to tell you this, but back when mopeds were allowed to run the full 1/4 mile, they did not give out 60 foot times to mopeds, and they also didn't give out time slips for street racing, only sanctioned events. So, where did those numbers come from if not from the track? I know he was not the only person who ran a moped on Oahu down the full 1/4 mile. If you know anyone who has, ask them. Ask them if they ever got a 60 foot time, or a time slip at the end. They only announced it over the loudspeaker, that's all. He claims to have spent 10k on his bike. Do you know how much 10k bought back then? You could have bought a brand new liter class bike for that kind of money. He also claims that he never raced TobaTech out of respect, but he did, and lost. There were other people there besides the two of them. They raced right in front of his shop down that straight street and even though TobaTech's bike did not have a wheeliebar, his bike took Achi's bike from off the line through the top end. Honestly, his bike didn't even have the power to hit an 80mph level ground run. It was a watercooled bike and he said he also ran tall gears. If he did have that kind of power to hit a 13.86 1/4 mile time, he could have taken that bike out on the weekly cruises/races that met at Zippy's and should have won a lot if not everyone, right? Does not my facts make sense? Or are you going to ignore facts? His posting is still here:

http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... w=previous

So, in order for me not to get you all angry when all I'm after is truth and proof, how's this then. There are many many riders out there who claim that they can hit 100 mph on a moped. I'd like to see them do it, any of them. It is obvious that they do not know the laws of physics and aerodynamics. I don't want any GPS speeds simply because they aren't as accurate as a radar gun and I personally have seen GPS speeds off as much as 8-12 mph. Some even more. Now, I'm talking about a level ground run here, not a blast down a steep mountain. I will tell you this, a moped's downhill top speed is just about 10 mph faster than it's flat ground speed. This is a proven average. So if a bike claims to be able to hit 112 on level ground, it will hit at least 122 on a downhill run.

To the moderator, I read your post saying that lies are to be expected on the forums, and it may be fun to you people, but not to serious persons racers or just fans. Lying only does one thing. It lowers yourself as a person, and it only causes problems. Do you think that Nascar guys go around lying like moped guys? No, for the simple fact that they know that when the truth comes out (and it does so after awhile) they end up looking bad and have lost the respect of their fellow racers, is this true to your thinking? How about any sport that involves speeds and timers. Does it follow reason that those who lie are frowned upon? From what I am gathering here is that while other sports adhere to a certain code of conduct and honor, moped racers don't and I wonder why?

But I have said my piece of mind today and am okay with it as I have told no lies and only sought to get truth, no matter who's truth it is. I will pass along tru72's statements to TobaTech and I will be very interested in seeing his reaction. He may just ignore it, or he may give up the big bikes and start on mopeds again. Just so that you know, mopeds isn't the only thing's he raced or stunted. He still has a stunt team which performed at the Cycle City parking lot in April. I went to see that and saw some Ruckus riders there so I am sure that this information went back to Achi. He holds several records in street bikes as well.

As for you tru72, your hostile attitude was not nice nor appreciated. I truly hope that you can see that I was only after truth, that's all. How would you like it if I were to respond to you in the same manner if you had asked me some simple questions like I did? To the rest of the readers on here, I apologize if my postings have brought some negative feelings to your forum. but truth and logic cannot be ignored for they are what brings out the best in all of us.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Not a problem but how necessary was it? :roll:
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

haha awesome man! I love information ! All i said was i seen a time slip from george before.. did i post all kinds of claims that dave did this or dave did that? No.. It seems you are very knowledgeable of what went on back in the days of old. Something that i wish i could have seen for my self. No if there is anything personal going on here it seems that its with you. You keep on missing the point.. I dont really care if they beat someone or who he was, Its kool to hear of stories like that but if its going to make a world of difference in my day. I doubt it, the sun will rise, I get and do my day, the sun will set... I just like to do my own thing and race my bikes.

LOL Now where were you a few years ago when i first started this quest of going to the track? I asked and posted alot of times about who was around at that time period. The best story I heard was when they had the big Moped drag race.. im sure you know that story as well. Scooter alley vs Dave? Thats the stuff that makes the moped world go round. Just like yourself, I wanted the truth about times, speed and stuff. It seemed that it was a hush hush thing with everyone. No one dared to talk about what really happened. I was once told if i ever beat those numbers the can of worms that i would be opening is something even he wouldnt want to be a part of. If i did good, its drag racing, numbers were ment to be broken.

Yes the track conditions there was pretty bad. I remember the first time going there for a toyota street tire shoot out. LOL the tower scared me, my friends told me not to lean on it because the termites might let go of their hands and it might collapse haha! I also went there once to ro a track day with a street bike. I was in the mainland before and raced on willows springs, streets of willow. Figuring it would be a nice way to spend some time with friends there. I didnt do it, saw the track and it seemed unsafe. LOL maybe it was my age, because if i was younger then for sure i would have done it! Its to bad that the track closed down. I hear of so many stories from the drag racers.

As for achi i met him along time ago playing paintball , thats been since 1989,1990. If he hit 1.8 in the 60 thats faster than a street bike. Was it true that they did run the 1/4 mile then they stopped it because of the tire ratings? Seen that on dave's old page . Found that thru pages and pages of searching thru google , and i mean pages haha! George i deal with him for parts on a weekly basis. I did ask him if he had that pic of the time slip last night. If he sends it, you'll defiantly get a pm from me.
No need to apologize for anything, no offense taken. Information is the key and the key is how you use it. If you have more stories please do print them up. Im not sure on who would be interested in hearing them, but I do. Its like something i have told some kids one day. We were talking abou old hawaii and what happened around. Their grandpa used to tell me stories upon stories about old hawaii. They al laughed and told me "what you believe the old man"? All i told them was sure, i wasnt there so how do i know if that really happened, were u?....
Seems like you were there
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

FactStraightener wrote:Good point. I would have liked to have seen the post and the photo of the slip on the forum but like GN Racer said, it's gone for some reason. That is too bad. If he did beat Dave, that is an awesome run. But I haven't had that chance to see it. As far as going down to his shop, I pass. He has a well known rep for treating people not too nicely, depending on his mood. I do know one thing. He has never beaten Dave on any cruise, ever. Not even from the old days, either him or his brother James. There was a cruise a few years ago in which they brought out their fastest water cooled bike. Dave had his watercooled bike but it wasn't even a race. What was a race was one of Dave's friends riding one of his air cooled strokers. While that in itself may not seem too impressive, take into account that the rider was over 300 pounds. From what I heard it was a neck and neck race, going back and forth between them. Now that is impressive to me, an air cooled bike with a 300+ rider going up against a watercooled bike.

If you think this kind of talk is fuel for fire, you have much to learn. I am interested in truth/facts, not fabrications, maybes, or I think so's. If this is not logical to you, then I have just lost a lot of respect I had for you. IF you ever beat Dave's or George's time one day, I hope that there is someone just like you who promotes non-factual things. I hope that a guy starts saying that he has a friend who beat you after all your hard work and time invested into making your bike a record setting bike. Only then you will know how those who really did set the records feel, and you will feel badly. Sure, you joke now and say, "As for what is real or not, who cares? Its all about having fun.. I like racing because its a way to have fun with my friends on the track and show the public that we support the "off the street racing". You seem to be here to be here just to keep adding fuel to your own fire for the sake of an argument."

Do you know the difference between a question and an argument? It is YOU who are turning this into an argument. I simply asked some simple questions of which the answers have not been proven. While I agree that it is not up to you to prove them to me, I was hoping that perhaps you had made a copy of that forum discussion and perhaps a pic. That would have both answered my question and satisfied me.

But my original purpose of posting here was not even about George until he was brought up. I was interested in what you had and what kind of fuel you were running. You seem to think that size doesn't matter "as long as we're having fun", but it does. This is a competition, yes? In any speed competition involving motors there are different classes for engine sizes, types of fuel, types of forced induction, body styles. You should know this and probably do. Your argument that it is all fun is weak. If it's all for fun, why drop your bike to get better aerodynamics? Leave it stock height and run for fun. Why run oxygenated fuel if it's just for fun. Because it isn't just for fun. It's for serious. You take this very serious. Right now, you seem to be the fastest guy up there, but believe me, as soon as someone steps up to your times and speeds and maybe even beats you, it won't be fun for you anymore, I can guarantee you that. You will put yourself in high gear and do everything in your power to beat that guy. For fun? Partly, but more for getting your placing back. Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me I'm lying. Anyone on this forum, tell me that I'm not telling me the truth, then map it out and explain it to me. There were some people here on Oahu who had pretty fast bikes, and they went around saying this and that, so I told them, "If you really want to see who is the fastest, everyone run the same thing. Run the same bike style and frame, the same drop, rider weight, the same size engine, carb, pipe, fuel, and then it will not be determined by any other factor but how good a motor the builder made. He (Dave) is in retirement and his records are pretty old. His 8.659 second 100cc was made back in '98 (12 years ago) and his nos runs with those stretched out bikes were in '00, 10 years ago. Do you not agree that in that span of time of a decade or more than there are a lot better parts offered to racers than back then? If not, try getting some of the old stuff they raced with and try going that fast. I'm sure you'll find it a good challenge. Also, all of those runs were made with straight 28mm carbs.

But I seemed to have touched upon a nerve in you and that is too bad. I am not sorry, for I did not mean to do it, rather, it is how you reacted to it.

Another well known fact is that the Oahu track was for lack of a better description, junk. Even mainland funny cars and rails that ran here were up to 1 second slower than what they clocked in the mainland. The track was purported not to be level and actually slightly uphill, and a lot of races were run against some pretty strong headwind. The concrete launch pad was slippery too.

But since you brought up the name of Achi, I will address some questions I have about his 'supposed' runs also. He claims to have had an '87 elite with a 120cc watercooled engine capable of hitting 112 mph (radar gunned he claimed), or with short gears he could get up to 90 mph with 60 foot times of 1.8 seconds and a 13.86 1/4 mile time. Sorry to tell you this, but back when mopeds were allowed to run the full 1/4 mile, they did not give out 60 foot times to mopeds, and they also didn't give out time slips for street racing, only sanctioned events. So, where did those numbers come from if not from the track? I know he was not the only person who ran a moped on Oahu down the full 1/4 mile. If you know anyone who has, ask them. Ask them if they ever got a 60 foot time, or a time slip at the end. They only announced it over the loudspeaker, that's all. He claims to have spent 10k on his bike. Do you know how much 10k bought back then? You could have bought a brand new liter class bike for that kind of money. He also claims that he never raced TobaTech out of respect, but he did, and lost. There were other people there besides the two of them. They raced right in front of his shop down that straight street and even though TobaTech's bike did not have a wheeliebar, his bike took Achi's bike from off the line through the top end. Honestly, his bike didn't even have the power to hit an 80mph level ground run. It was a watercooled bike and he said he also ran tall gears. If he did have that kind of power to hit a 13.86 1/4 mile time, he could have taken that bike out on the weekly cruises/races that met at Zippy's and should have won a lot if not everyone, right? Does not my facts make sense? Or are you going to ignore facts? His posting is still here:

http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... w=previous

So, in order for me not to get you all angry when all I'm after is truth and proof, how's this then. There are many many riders out there who claim that they can hit 100 mph on a moped. I'd like to see them do it, any of them. It is obvious that they do not know the laws of physics and aerodynamics. I don't want any GPS speeds simply because they aren't as accurate as a radar gun and I personally have seen GPS speeds off as much as 8-12 mph. Some even more. Now, I'm talking about a level ground run here, not a blast down a steep mountain. I will tell you this, a moped's downhill top speed is just about 10 mph faster than it's flat ground speed. This is a proven average. So if a bike claims to be able to hit 112 on level ground, it will hit at least 122 on a downhill run.

To the moderator, I read your post saying that lies are to be expected on the forums, and it may be fun to you people, but not to serious persons racers or just fans. Lying only does one thing. It lowers yourself as a person, and it only causes problems. Do you think that Nascar guys go around lying like moped guys? No, for the simple fact that they know that when the truth comes out (and it does so after awhile) they end up looking bad and have lost the respect of their fellow racers, is this true to your thinking? How about any sport that involves speeds and timers. Does it follow reason that those who lie are frowned upon? From what I am gathering here is that while other sports adhere to a certain code of conduct and honor, moped racers don't and I wonder why?

But I have said my piece of mind today and am okay with it as I have told no lies and only sought to get truth, no matter who's truth it is. I will pass along tru72's statements to TobaTech and I will be very interested in seeing his reaction. He may just ignore it, or he may give up the big bikes and start on mopeds again. Just so that you know, mopeds isn't the only thing's he raced or stunted. He still has a stunt team which performed at the Cycle City parking lot in April. I went to see that and saw some Ruckus riders there so I am sure that this information went back to Achi. He holds several records in street bikes as well.

As for you tru72, your hostile attitude was not nice nor appreciated. I truly hope that you can see that I was only after truth, that's all. How would you like it if I were to respond to you in the same manner if you had asked me some simple questions like I did? To the rest of the readers on here, I apologize if my postings have brought some negative feelings to your forum. but truth and logic cannot be ignored for they are what brings out the best in all of us.
I don't know who you are or is trying to be but before you come on here and start talking crap,make sure you get the "facts straight" first instead of saying stuff that someone else told you.Its obvious you never was around when we all raced at the track when all these guys was going fast and posting these times and for your info time slips was given all the time.even for street racing nights on friday and saturday nights with the standard nhra time slips.your abviously a hater and can't accept that someone has a faster bike than yours and like alot of the KIDS in hawaii always make like they know Toba and aways try to talk s*** when someone has a fast bike.Toba had the fast bike not you .so stop your yapping already ,cuz its only making you look like a bumb * right now.Cuz right now your facts are krooked.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Quoth the verbose FactStraightenOuter:
To the moderator, I read your post saying that lies are to be expected on the forums, and it may be fun to you people [Emphasis added, Ed.], but not to serious persons racers or just fans.
We people? We have all kinds, and as long as nobody attacks or abuses anyone, everyone is welcome. Well, maybe with a limit on word count...
Sinceriousness is overrated. Lighten up everyone. I for one want to see more of Tru72's remarkable build. Whether it covers the eighth mile in 8 seconds or 8 minutes.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

wheelman! I hope my bike even makes it down the track! HAHA I know all motor it will, but Nos, thats a different animal for sure.
*mins would be possible if i had to push it to the 1/4 exit LOL
FactStraightener
Noob
Noob

To the evil one, I believe truth is necessary in all things including the moped world. If lies were taken away completely, then there wouldn't be all of the trouble, animosity, and bad sentiments that float around to begin with. If truth were always told, people would not have to question things all the time, "Did he really do this, did he really do that?" for truth would be known and that would be that. Almost all of forum arguments are from people who have heard from a friend of a friend of a friend. Obviously you have read what I have posted, but perhaps may not understand it completely for what it actually is.

To bakaracer, who am I'm trying to be? I'm not 'trying' to be anyone. I am simply a person who gathers information when I can and tries to get the most accurate information so that when I pass my information onto someone (no matter who that person is, a young kid, an old school rider, or for me) it won't be someone's fabricated or stretched facts. You tell me to get the facts straight, which is exactly what I am trying to do. You call me a hater when I have shown no hate (but you are). You say I look like a dumb s$S which is your way with saying that you are unhappy with what I've posted. Yes, TobaTech has the fast bike, but does that mean that I can't/shouldn't/don't have the right to get the right facts? It is obvious, yes, that I wasn't around when "we all" raced at the track. If you truly are one of the lucky ones to have raced and were there and witnessed all of this, why not share the real facts for the ones (like me) that don't know? Wouldn't you rather have me tell something you know to be true rather than me spreading things based on non-factual events that you know isn't true? You are the one who should be teaching me, not putting me down. You say that I try to "talk s***" and the my "facts are krooked". Read my post again, I said that slips weren't given back in the 1/4 mile moped allowed days, not the 1/8th mile time. Highlight a single sentence in all of my postings so far that shows me talking s*** or krooked if you can. If I understand your definition of crooked, it means 'not true/straight'. No sentence of mine is what you say it is. Unlike you, I try to think carefully what I'm writing down instead of letting my fingers fly on the keyboard without thought. But since you're already shown what kind of person you really are inside, I'd rather hear the straight facts from someone else.

To Wheelman-111, Yes, 'you people' (mopeders). Don't try and make it like I am trying to post against a group of people with prejudicial intent and need to call the NAACP. I don't find my postings verbose. I feel that my subject matter merits somewhat lengthy explanation for clarity. I respect and follow all of the rules of your forum. I do not swear unless repeating what has been written to me. While it may seem that some of my posting is an 'attack', it seems so simply because the truth is not yet exposed. If and when the truth is exposed, then it will not seem to have been an attack, but an enlightenment, and those that have posted harsh things about me are then the attackers. Will you then criticize them as well? If I am typing too many words, maybe you should lower the post limit or suggest it to the Administrator that there's someone typing too much. But please don't say that I'm writing too much when it is your forum that made that limit to begin with.
"But Sinceriousness is overrated", There is no such word, but if you made a typo and meant 'seriousness', I believe it isn't overrated. It would be if all I was doing was talking about a cruise I took down to the beach, threw out my pole, had a sandwich... but I'm discussing (not attacking) certain claims made. Is it wrong to try and get accurate information? To me, to not get accurate information (and proliferate it along as truth) is not something that should be done, nor would I want to do myself. But speaking about attacking, bakaracer has attacked me right before your post so I KNOW you saw it, and I don't see you reprimanding him. He said i was talking c---, that I'm a hater, that I'm like those that talk s---, and that I'm a dumb a--. What's up with that?
I posted information regarding how racing the 1/4 mile was when it was allowed and as you noticed, no one rebutted it, showed proof otherwise, or even addressed it at all even though what I had written was very sound proof, even extending the challenge of facts by telling people to ask others who did race the 1/4 back then. It seems that this person Achi made all those claims and you all took it as Gospel truth without even checking out any of its validity. I bring out the truth and am crucified for it? I write just enough to explain it and am called verbose? A person who chasises one member but not a member who actually verbally attacked another as such should not be a moderator as they fail to judge fairly and impartially.

tru72, you responded to me, "You keep on missing the point.. I dont really care if they beat someone or who he was, Its kool to hear of stories like that but if its going to make a world of difference in my day. I doubt it". Those people who beat someone does/can make a difference in your world. I read your earlier post when you said,"All I want to do is try to be the fastest moped here in hawaii." Those people who you say you don't care about are the shoulders you will be standing on if/when you beat them. They deserve respect for paving the way for all those who have since followed them. They also could make a difference if one day you become the fastest, and they choose to come out of their retirement and get back to wrenching, only this time they'd be competing with the benefit of all the better parts out there now. I believe that you're learning more each day. I perspnally have found that the more I know, the less I really know. for instance, you posted that you hoped for a high 6 second run. Just to let you know, a low 8 second 1/8th mile run will dip into the 12 second 1/4 mile mark. A high 6 second 1/8th mile run will do an easy 10 second 1/4 mile. That is mighty fast. So what I'm saying is that even from that posting which was on March 30th to now, not quite 2 months later, you've learned a lot more since then, right?
I have never heard about that thing regarding the Scooter Alley vs. Dave thing. But I would be very interested in getting the information regarding those events. To my knowledge, Scooter Alley has never beaten TobaTech on the track or the street and there was no big moped drag race. Why would it be a hush hush thing. David has always been upfront and honest about all his moped events be it a street encounter or a track race. Why would it open a can of worms unless someone was trying to hide something (maybe said something they regret and would like forgotten a.s.a.p.?) I have been around a long time (time/work permitting), and do know a lot of the 'old time' stories, stories probably never put in print before but came directly from David's own mouth and knowing him for who and what he is, I find them to be both amusing, exciting, and valid as I have not found facts that proved otherwise. Had I not encountered the animosity I have received here, I may have passed those amusing stories to all of you. But since all I have received is negativity in my quest for learning and telling nothing more than truth, I shall just accept that what I have posted is the truth, but not accepted by those who was offered it.

I tried to keep my words to a minimum this time but it seems long because I addressed multiple persons.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Report any objectionable posts for Moderator or Owner evaluation. Without a report you cannot assume Admin. will read it.

Sinceriously yours,
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
aerorob
Elite
Elite

Post by aerorob »

Factstraightener, although I do not knock you on wanting to discuss past races, this thread is about tru72s bike build.
I would like to see more about his drag bike and less witty banter.
This is a build thread after all.
2001 Elite SR48mm big bore, 90/90, keli vari, yws V8 30mm pipe, 8.4:1 gears 62 mph gps
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

The evil one? The mad dog is the only one who calls me that!
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

:b2t: Wow... could we give tru his thread back? I thought something new pertaining to the topic the thread was on had been posted. Boy was i dissapointed.
I'm with areorob. Go start another thread if you must wander off topic as far as you have. I'd love to be regailed by historical accounts of Dave and other legendary scoot builders. Just not when i'm reading a thread about something else.
Tru, keep up the good work. Even if i never see a timeslip, I'll still think that your scoot is dope. :rock:
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

Forget this guy.Its obvious he can't read himself and is trying to glorify a person he wish he was.If not he wouldn't be writing this krap.
Last edited by bakaracer on Mon May 24, 2010 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r