sb50

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: sb50

Post by elitedio »

Your bike and mine look like twins. I still haven't come to grips with the nomenclature of the motors. Your motor mounts in what looks to be a lot tighter to the frame than mine does.

Tail lights are different too but my plastic has the same shape as yours does at the back. I like your front brake and wheels.
1989 Elite E with 86cc Dio
Rumia 50mm bore, mini-stroker, 28mm Oko, modified m-x pipe, Carbonfiber reinforced frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSvdjxvBUA
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

Did you have to make an adapter to run the SuperDio intake manifold?

Weird thing is that it fit on my SE50 with no mods, but it doesn't fit my newly aquired FlashII motor without the provided adapter you made for Guy.
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

haha, elitedio, i thought the same thing! the motor is mounted as close as i could get it to stock, i wanted to keep the nimble and agile handling of a tiny scooter, the disc brake is mandatory with 50+mph top speed! im thinking about doing the same motor you did too, and making this thing really haul *

the nb50 and se50 reed assemblies are different, the se50 one is longer and negates the adapter....the sa50 deal is shorter in general, because of the larger transfer port size, and correspondingly larger cylinder base, meaning if you want to run any of the aftermarket reed valves for sa50, you will need the adapter on the nb/se50. otherwise, the se50 reed is the way to go.
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

Good to know!

All this time I thought both engine assemblies were the same!

Knowledge is key...