N4S Motorwerx "Imported Insanity" Drag Bike

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

tru72
CB900F
CB900F

N4S Motorwerx "Imported Insanity" Drag Bike

Post by tru72 »

Jus some of my other builds!
enjoy!

Well after a short turkey lunch with the fam bam, as usual I was bored out of my mind lol...
Decided to go to the shop and work on a few things..
This is what happens when you have turkey sandwich, to much time and over active brain! hahaa
enjoy!

well finally got some free time to do some work on the rail job..
I need to add more braces for the mount ans shock tower. Once all that is done I get to finish up all the welds.
Made a custom motor mount for it on xmas LOL
60inch wheel base

Did yesterday in between repairs and customers.
Small off set of the mount and braces for clearance issues

well got this done the past few days. Havent had much time to do much since the drags are this weekend. Tweaking on my new motor , trying to get that up to par. anyways enjoy the pics!
Rear Braces for the seat/shock mount location.

Today I finally got some time to my self to do some work on the Rail..
Try ing to get it al finished to test on the next race in February.

Made a seat bracket. tomorrow i might go in and do the seat it self.

Then incorporated a shock mount into the seat brackets

Modified a shock and made it a solid rod, all mounted up and almost ready!

Finished Rolling chassis finally! stil need to add more small brackets.

thanks guys!! I really appreciate the compliments! :2thumbs:

So today was a pretty good monday , spent most my time texting Ben aka "Kryptonite" and doing some small work on my bike.

Fist I finally got to work on the seat, Used some 1/4 Pvc sheets that are used to make sign boards.

This is what i came out with

Then decided to do a gas tank LOL, this is my donor

After smelling up the shop, some cutting and welding i have this. The Razz oil cap fits perfectly in it as a cover

Didnt get to do any mounts yet but thats tomorrows project if i dont have more repairs. Came out pretty good, so far. Still have to do some padding and a cover as well.. maybe hehee

Finished the head tube gusset finally...
was sanding and wire brushing that thing clean. Painted it black for now, cant leave anything bare here haha.
Its all done , tomorrow il go in and start the wiring and finish up the gas tank and other few ends.

well almost got everything done...
if everything works out ill test run it at the race this weekend.

Cdi mount. used a 1 in clamp from conduit pipe, same for the seat bracket as well.

Coil mount was pretty easy, 90 degree angle iron, this is what it loks all mounted up

Got my gas tank done as well, used a 45 degree valve stem as my gas nipple. Brazed it, lol that was pretty interesting.. havent done gas in awhile
tru72 wrote:Well heres are some more pics of the seat pan with the padding. Good thing I have friends who have this stuff lying around to use. Stand Up Paddle Board Grip.

Wire/throttle housing

Also added a number plate for the drags

So this is what i was working on today. Not welded yet, good thing I had no repairs.

Got Nos?

Well finally got caught up on some jobs at work. Came in on my day off as usual y do some work on my creation!
Finally got the bottle mount and noids set up, tomorrow ill get the progressive timer, battery box set up and hopefully some of the wiring.. Looks like its going to be a bid nest LOL!

Well been out of work for the past week , tweaked my back couldn't do nothing but lie down and relax hehee!
Races are this upcoming weekend and got so much stuff to catch up to run the NOS. Went in tonight and started the wiring. So Tuff to do because everything so visible.

First started with some 20 gauge steel and made a backing for my switches.

Next drilled 4 half inch holes for my switches and purge. Also that bolt on the bottom is the relay for the NOS set up

I needed a ground for my battery and a place to ground other wires instead of putting them to the battery
First drilled a 1/2 in hole, fitted in a 10mm head nut, welded it in. Instant bung for a ground bolt. I Use this technique all the time when i need to make a mount for a bracket or other things. It still keep the strength of the tubing, which im always worried about.

well got my * up early and went in the shop to finish up the wiring. My main concern was to make it as simple and clean as possible..that means no "bird nest" haha!!
It turned out well so far, All I need to do is connect the noids, fuel pump mount and throttle switch. Its still early here so I might go back and get that done today!
enjoy

Work was slow today with the weather being pretty ugly here today, it was raining cats and dogs! So good for me bad for the shop!

Welded up a new mount for the fuel pump.

Also finally bent some steel tubing for the purge system. I cant wait to bend over and purge this haha!

Did the wiring for the Noids, finally got to test them as well! After seeing the pic i noticed i have the ground hooked up wrong. That needs to go to the timer.. oops!

Tomorrow ill set up the throttle switch, finish up wiring the fuel pump and routing the hoses. Few more things i need to figure out but i hope to get it done by thursday!

PureAloha - the biggest i ran in it was a 25. but it seems like i can go way bigger. Its all in the timer set up. I launched at 40% and was still able to control the launch. With this bike now im not to sure how its going to react. il find out this weekend. I definitely going starting out with a 15 shot to be on the safe side, make sure all the system is running correctly.

So I finally got it all done today. fired right up with no problems! Im not going to test the NOS untill i get to the track. No place safe to try it apund here.

So here is my throttle switch rig um up McGyver action lol! works really well and is very easy to adjust.

Finally got all the stuff wired and plumbed up! Just need to tuck some wires and its ready!

Aloha
D
Last edited by tru72 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 15 times in total.
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: N4S Motorwerx "imported insanity" drag bike

Post by bakaracer »

Yeah baby! D thats going to be sick. you can use the sneaky pete bottle too to cut down on weight some more.make sure you set that timer to start spraying after that 60ft if not the bike will break loose hard.some of the guys before found that if you put the sprayer outside if the carb slide,it was more controlable if you had to get off the throttle for any reason.if you set it on the mani,when you let off the bike still wanted to go like it was full throttle.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

going to set up my switch with the throttle. Got a nice way to set it up hehe. I was originally planning to direct port the fogger, but most times I am going with the fogger on the outside mounted thru the velocity stack. I know that direct is the way it suppose to be but I think outside its safer like you said especially when and if i have to get off the throttle.
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

yeah much safer.I remember one guy at the track thatran nos and had it mounted on the mani and when he took of the bike spun the wheels and the bike took off toward the guard rail sidewards because he couldn't shut it off.I think the sneeky pete bottle is 11oz. that should be enough for a couple runs down the track plus its light.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

lol light im not worried about, if not i would have done a spree. I think being to light with this kind of power on tap is dangerous hehe, i like the sound of that haha! I jus want to make sure i have enough to last me the whole time im there. I got smaller bottles but i want to make sure the pressure stays at a constant. I have a regulator for that big bottle so it will be very consistent every run. Doing Nos on cars taught me alot about the set up and the dos and donts.. Plus i got alot so i can hook up a purge LOL , something for the fans to see!
Saved
Spree
Spree

Post by Saved »

Very cool. Keep us updated.
In the barn::
2001 Honda Elite
2002 Yamaha Vino
2007 Roketa Sicily
2006 Ninja 250

Special thanks to:
Workdog & Iggysepia for parts & quick shipping.
Evilone for buying my SA50P.
bigluelok
Elite
Elite

Post by bigluelok »

holy s*** this is a sick * build.
CH80
Wheelman-111

Re: N4S Motorwerx "Imported Insanity" Drag Bike

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

What?! No cupholder?
Sinceriously, I truly appreciate the concept and the Craftsmanship. Nice work. (Wish I could weld... :( )
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

LOL thanks guys! All I can do is try to do my best work . I do have a sickness, its caller patience lol, so making things that work and is nice isnt that bad, actually fun. All I want to do is try to be the fastest moped here in hawaii.

wheelman, im no pro at welding but i have been welding for a while some my welds may look like *, I know that they are penetrating the steel. LOL and have been proven to be way stronger than i imagined. The welding is not the tuff part, notching the tubes are. I plan to buy a tubing notcher really soon off of ebay.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

heck yeah that looks sick already! nice frame design, keep up the good work :rock:
projects galore :nerd:
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

Thanks for sharing your newest build, Tru!

Looks insane for sure! -Can't wait to see the finished product!!

Were you ever able to source that Stage 6 reed cage you were looking for? (i am gamma13r who gave you the link to the reedcage on Forums Hawaii)

later man, jon :coolcruise:
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
tabs808
Goped
Goped

Post by tabs808 »

whoah, imma be following this thread for sure!
where hawaii you located by the way?
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

Zr wassup brah! Long time no harass!! hehe nope i never found that reed cage for that mani.. got the numbers?

Tabs big island here my man! want to see some moped drags? My bike wasnt runnning good.. also tested my 72cc elite that day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdDPXp-j ... Q64N2NRGhQ
Fishman43
Elite
Elite

Post by Fishman43 »

Sweet race videos! I saw some speed wobbles on there that looked more than a little scary :nervous:

I want to do roll on wheelies like some of those scoots did!
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

hey fishman.. lol yes the 2 others had some speed wobbles hahaa. The orange bike and the elite i jus got finish building so it does take some seat time to figure out where you need to be sitting. On these race bikes sit to far back, you pull big wheelies off the line, top end you get the wobbles cause the front end it to light. I teach them all to try to sit on the tip of the seat. Find you best launch spot on the seat, then slide back into a more aerodynamic position. Thats why I never built a spree, the seat is so small you dont have alot of choices on your launch position. The orange bike does 9.2@77, the elite with my 72 street motor did 9.5@65, but of course the kid who was riding it weighs in at 100 lbs compared to me and my friend who weighs more like 160, and frank weighs in about 175. I rode the elite after and the fastest i could get was a 11.0..
so i have been on a diet ever since hahaha!