N4S Motorwerx "Imported Insanity" Drag Bike

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Re: N4S Motorwerx "Imported Insanity" Drag Bike

Post by tru72 »

Fact .. "you posted that "I" hoped for a high 6 second run. Just to let you know, a low 8 second 1/8th mile run will dip into the 12 second 1/4 mile mark. A high 6 second 1/8th mile run will do an easy 10 second 1/4 mile" Those numbers are pretty close, but your forgetting one thing Moped dont have the HP to carry the speed on the top end. A good example if my friends turbo honda. His 60ft is a har faster than mines, but he runs the 1/4 in 9.8 i think it was. Most street bikes with street tire run high 7s in the 1/8 mile and they do 10s. Well some do, depends on the rider. The world record moped which is a 170 something cc minarelli based engine runs the 1/8 mile in about mid 6s and still only runs 11.3 in the 1/4. So yes If i had 800 hp in between my legs i would defiantly have the possibility of going that fast in the 1/4mile. For me if i can do a high 13 wich i think is possible all motor im happy. Even at 14.4s im pretty stoked as it is! Racing the 1/4 mile is a once in awhile thing at the track, I hardly do that just because my setup if for the 1/8.

Thanks guys for the support, Yes it is true that this has taken over my build but thats ok. Everyone has the right to speak what he or she feels. I dont like arguing over things that wont change my outlook on things, but it happens! I Jus made 47 years old and I dont have time or want to argue over things like this. I know something like this wont make me stop posting or not finish my bikes lol. I never start something I cant finish, that would be totally ut of character if i did. This bik so far is on schedule to be tested on the 12th of june. Im heading to the shop to finish building the test motor today.
have fun and behave hahaha!
Have a great weekend people!
aloha
D
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

My aunty lives on Gulick, and my best friend that introduced me to peds did it with a toba built corsa.

That being said tru72's pink bike gives me a boner whenever I see it, and he's a cool guy to boot. I'll be cruising Hilo this weekend on the big bike, doubt I can convince everyone to make it down to the drags but I'll do my best.
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

Next race going be one the 12th... more guys the better so we can run a bracket! I got the trophys hahaha~
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

808BMW wrote:My aunty lives on Gulick, and my best friend that introduced me to peds did it with a toba built corsa.

That being said tru72's pink bike gives me a boner whenever I see it, and he's a cool guy to boot. I'll be cruising Hilo this weekend on the big bike, doubt I can convince everyone to make it down to the drags but I'll do my best.
Hey next race take your ped.It doesn't have to be real fast as its a bracket race so you run the time you think your going to run and if the guy your racing is faster than you the handicap him by delaying the lights by the difference of your time.Everybody has a chance to win. :smile:
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

lol only problem with bracket is if they go twice as slow as me ill never catch them at the end . If we race we will do something called target racing. You still dial in but you actually race against your own time. You launch heads up but the computer takes into all the calculations ans see who is closer their dial in. Bracket you can sand bag to easy haha!
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

Easy to sand bag if you know how fast your bike is :P I'd get knocked out at the first bracket because I have no baseline, do you get shakedown runs or is that for another day? Someday I'll get my ped there, the last time I tried my kicker broke and bummed out my whole trip, d*** stiff trailer.
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

you get practice runs or test runs to see where your bike is . that way you know what to put for your dial in.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

last time we did a bracket race i lost to a 17sec bike haha first round!.. if we do that bracket them im detuning my bike, if its target then i can leave it fast.
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

Well did some work today ... got everything all plumbing done, also added my purge solenoid.. Tomorrow hope get the coil and cdi mounted and try and start her up! Added Pics on the first page.
aloha
D
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

Hey D you going use a ct chrome on that motor for test the nos?
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

Yeah hehe for now i figure its a small motor, only 104cc. So im using the ct and a 30 carb. Im more interested in seeing how the piston holds up than anything else. If it works out as expected that whole motor will come out and a 125cc will go in.
sum-azn-kid
Elite
Elite

Post by sum-azn-kid »

wats the little black thing on top on your carb? the thing wit the blue hose going to the bowl?
btw how fast do street setups go on the 8th mile? like a 72.
Austin
2007 SYM DD50- baby blue 72 "Daily rider"-sold
1988 Honda SB50P-on going project
zuma 125-sold
Ninja 250r-totaled
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

my 72 set up with me riding it went 10.9s i forget the mph. with my other friend riding it the fastest he got it to was 9.5s lol 60lbs makes a diffrence..
sum-azn-kid
Elite
Elite

Post by sum-azn-kid »

knowing you that 72 was fully ported and worked right? sorry for off topic. can't wait to hear more on this nos build. i've seen jog and piggy (piaggio) motors with nos on euro forums. the guys at the shop where thinking of try nos on one of our knock off jog bikes. haha
2007 SYM DD50- baby blue 72 "Daily rider"-sold
1988 Honda SB50P-on going project
zuma 125-sold
Ninja 250r-totaled
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

yes very ported.. that motor is in my arnada that i ride when i can. I actually just redid it, still not tuned the way i like it but its getting there.

Also did some work today on the bike.. working on memorial day.. what a bummer, but at least got to do stuff on my bike. Figured out that i cant run rear panels. dam pipe sticks out to much. Tyr to get some pics of it tomorrow..