Front Rack for Spree..by ME!!

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Front Rack for Spree..by ME!!

Post by mustangwagz »

So heres the Rack i built..got tired of lookin for the needle in the haystack and just built one outta heavy wall seamless Hyd. Tubing. I'm rather proud of myself for this! lol Once it was all bent N shaped how i wanted it, welding took place along with some grinding and the magic began! Enjoy, lemme know what ya think guys! :rock:

Here it is after all welded together, before paint.

Here's during Painting..lol

Installed...but not yet done...

All Strapped down, Full of the essentials!!

-Zac :coolcruise:

1981 HD-Ironhead Sporty. 1000cc, 4 speed, drag pipes, and drag bars.. (chic/cop magnet)
72 Rupp Roadster 2 (aka. RUMP ROASTER!!)
05 vinson
78 bronco (Log skiddin Hog!!)
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Front Rack for Spree..by ME!!

Post by martynkim »

Good Job Fabin! Looks real good :smile: What you didn't make 2?
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

This was the CRasH tEsT Run..turned out pretty sweet so i kept it! lol

1981 HD-Ironhead Sporty. 1000cc, 4 speed, drag pipes, and drag bars.. (chic/cop magnet)
05 vinson
tw39515
Elite
Elite

Post by tw39515 »

lookin good, wish i had a welder.
87 elite dio
01 elite 50
87 aero parting out
85 spree sold
fightingplankton
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fightingplankton »

those bends are perfect. great job. i wouldnt have guessed(after paint) that someone made that in their shop.
'86 spree
'86 aero50
'83 aero80
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

fightingplankton wrote:those bends are perfect. great job. i wouldnt have guessed(after paint) that someone made that in their shop.
Thanks plankton, i deal with this tubing alot so doing the math to get the bends right is actually rather easy.

05 vinson
aerorob
Elite
Elite

Post by aerorob »

That is a great build job on that rack, I'm. Interested in what you could make for an elite sa50, I'm sure at least a few of us would be interested in buying those racks if you plan to produce them for a couple different hondas.
Rob
2001 Elite SR48mm big bore, 90/90, keli vari, yws V8 30mm pipe, 8.4:1 gears 62 mph gps
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

I just have to do it.

Nice Rack!
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

i second that. and if you could fab up some rear racks for the spree you might be on to something.
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
fightingplankton
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fightingplankton »

after getting my aero80's i decided i much prefer the rear rack on them to my spree. i mean, the lights and everything are just plain cooler... plus, it has a spoiler(sort of)!!! i was just wondering if it could be made to fit on my spree. i'll see. but yeh, i'm w/ these guys, you fab stuff, keep it under 50 and i'm sure they'll sell well.
'86 spree
'86 aero50
'83 aero80
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

Hardest Part is gettin the tubing and borrowing the tools from work.. i took a piece of cardboard to work with dimensions on it, bent, measured, bent some more, measured, etc etc. till ihad the shapes i wanted and then cut and paste..err..welded. the top piece was the first piece i made and its actually not to spec that i wanted, but once i got it home and "eyed" it up, i was like Ah *, it'll work anyhow! so i fitted it all together with tac welds, did some shaping for the mounting tabs and started throwing sparks. didnt take long to get it done..only thing i coulda did to improve it is instead of the bottom supports just going across...i shoulda made em longer and bent a 90 in em pointing DOWN, this way a cargo net thingy would grasp it better, although, bungee cords still fit it rather nice.. imma try gettin some more tubing outta the scrap bin and see what else i can do with it...
Interested in what you could make for an elite sa50,
Here's the problem..i aint gotta elite sittin here to do that with, otherwise, i'd do it.. and from what ive seen, no one on here other than like one guy, is from PA.. OR is close enough to come hang out for a day. otherwise i'd do it..

As for Mass producing these things, it might be a good winter project..lol as for summer, no go..2 main reasons, 1. being the kid..hes only 8 months and really slows me and my ole lady down. 2. Firewooood...which i gotta start doin, seeing as i only got 4 months to finish splittin my 3 acre pile. thas how i heat, * on natural gas, you cant beat wood heat.. i like my house 90 degrees and my garage 65 when its 0 outside. lol. (notice the pile-O-wood left in the garage for easy pickins when we had 26 inchs this year. lol)

anyhow, ill see if i get any spare time to whip up a few more of these and ill let yinz know.

Thanks guys!

05 vinson
workdog
Spree
Spree

Post by workdog »

nice job!
83 Honda Aero 80
Honda Aero80 and Aero50 parts for sale cheap.
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =2&t=15095
My Aero50 engine swap:
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... 16&t=13021
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

My son would want to ride up there :smile:

Nice job wags
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Oh yeah - looks great Keep on making custom parts for that Spree :thumbwink:
Is that tubing something a home shop guy could bend with simple tools or forms? Sure would be nice to be able to make some smooth bends.
mustangwagz
Elite
Elite

Post by mustangwagz »

mousewheels wrote:Oh yeah - looks great Keep on making custom parts for that Spree :thumbwink:
Is that tubing something a home shop guy could bend with simple tools or forms? Sure would be nice to be able to make some smooth bends.
Not sure where the "Typical joe" would buy Heavy Wall Hyd Tubing, but yes it IS bendable with standard hand tools... (i.e. Brake line bender) BUT, ill warn ahead of time, they heavy wall stuff is VERY STOUT! i've seen cheap benders break. They oldschool "Pliers" type prolly wont work unless your using like 4 or 6 mm. I used 10mm tubing for frame, 6 for cross sections. I also used a bender spcifically designed for Hyd Tubing, made by Parker.

Another note, dont use brake line for this type of structure. it WONT hold up. lol

05 vinson