(SMS)...Sleeper Moped Society

This is the place to post your scooter builds; everything from stock Spree restoration to water-cooled drag bikes.

Moderator: Moderator

C3Killer
Spree
Spree

(SMS)...Sleeper Moped Society

Post by C3Killer »

Ok, so with a little motivation from ya'lls build threads I have decided to start my own. Ok, so the other day I bought a 1987 Honda Elite with no title for $150. The day I picked it up it looked like this......

It wasn't running very well. The previous owner said he locked up the engine and that it needed a rebuild. I took the jug off and inspected it, looked fine, and it still ran so I'm not going to do anything with it right now. I adjusted the carb a bit, adjusted the idle, and walla. It is the unrestricted 1987 version that currently goes 37 with my 174lb body. I am buying VeeDubs AF18E motor to go in it to boost me up in speed just a bit, but thats not happening until the end of the week. I got some of the plastics repaired some, primed, and rattle can'd it silver......so today it looks like this....

I ordered a mirror off of eBay so I can see behind me for $15 shipped, I kinda like it, retroish. And because I was involved in a major motorcycle accident a couple years ago on my GSXR1000, my wife has FORBAID me from riding w/o a helmet, so I borrowed a buddys half helmet and bought some spikes..............

C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Re: (SMS)...Sleeper Moped Society

Post by C3Killer »

Soon in the works are VeeDubs motor, and a new paint job. My father in law is painting his 1982 Collectors Edition Corvette that "silver/beige" and I will paint the moped the same color. The seat will be reupholstered, I don't know with what yet, gator skin was pretty popular on my gsxr, but I may go something different. I still need a couple parts to make it complete, a left rear panel, ignition with key, and a right control (kill switch). I can't wait until this new motor comes in. This thing is going to scream!!
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

looking good!! and that color is great!! awesome work. and as for the AF18 yea it will move rather quick. especially if you get in to modding the motor more.
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

HMMM! you have the se50p speedo(45mph) but a se50 exhaust. does your vin start jh2af120 or jh2af121?
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

Se 50p speedo stops at 35 MPH
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Post by C3Killer »

jh2af120 why? Please bare with me, I'm a NEWB here.
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

what does the white sticker under the seat say.it should either be se50 or se50p. the first bunch of bikes came with the unrestricted exhaust and then they put the skinny header pipe later.my first 87 elite 50 I bought brand new in 89 from the dealer had a 35mph speedo with the fat j pipe exhaust.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Post by C3Killer »

The sticker under the seat says SE50 ("H" with a circle around it)-A

Does that make sense?
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

ahh! yes. se50 part. so yours should have the 10to1 gears. you can tell by turning the clutch bell and count how many turns it takes to 1 tire revolution. the easyies way in staed of counting gear teeth.for that motor the 10to1 gears is what you want.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
Wheelman-111

1987: The Handsomest Year?

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Arguably the best styling job Honda-san ever penned! You really have a jewel there, 10:1 gears or not.

Scrounge www.eBay.ca if you have no luck finding a left panel in the U.S.

Welcome and congratulations on a very nice DD restoration.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Post by C3Killer »

Ok, so I'm excited to report that I have sprayed my plastics.....well, most of them. I'm still missing the left panel, but I was planning on painting the sled a 1982 Collectors Edition Corvette Silver. Well, I found 2 cans of auto paint while my father in law painted the Corvette and I thought I would mix the two. Red and Yellow. Walla, the master genius painter that I am came up with ORANGE! I have 4 layers of base orange, and about 5-6 coats of clear. The clear I added a couple drops of that silver from the Corvette.......in person it came out SPLENDED!! I have pics but photobucket is * me off at the moment. I will upload them tomorrow. The pics didn't come out that well, but you will get the idea. Tomorrow I will wet sand, buff and polish the clear, it should have real depth. I have never shot auto paint before and it really came out nice. I will be painting more in the future! I used this spiffy 3M plastic repair stuff, similar to bondo but WAY more expensive to fix some cracks and repair a tab that was busted off.
drizzle
Elite
Elite

Post by drizzle »

bakaracer wrote:ahh! yes. se50 part. so yours should have the 10to1 gears. you can tell by turning the clutch bell and count how many turns it takes to 1 tire revolution. the easyies way in staed of counting gear teeth.for that motor the 10to1 gears is what you want.
what a shame that he's going to be swapping in an AF18.... those poor 10:1s not being put to use :cry:
C3Killer
Spree
Spree

Post by C3Killer »

I will be selling the motor that I'm pulling out. (trying to supplement some of the money I spent on that AF18E motor.) Anyone want dibs? I am going to post video of it running. I don't know much about these little motors so if a picture is worth a thousand words, a video.....well, you get the picture. Ok, so photobucket worked for some of the pics, so here are the pics I have so far......I will post them up after the buffing and polishing they will get tomorrow.

Fishman43
Elite
Elite

Post by Fishman43 »

Nice color!!!

I hope you have enough set aside to do the other panel when you get it.
Spreetography
BMX
BMX

Post by Spreetography »

Man, awesome color indeed. Aint it great having a father/father-in-law that paints? :2thumbs:
"Great opportunities are often missed, being mistaken for work." :D

1985/86 Spree mixture